Sign in to follow this  
Macintosh Classic

Old Toyota wheels lug holes smaller????

I'm still poor so I played the waiting game on some wheel/tires on Craigslist. Wasn't especially happy with the purchase but the poor have to ugly hustle to get by.

Anyways. I finally got around to trying to fit them. The mag style lugs didn't fit. Someone decided to countersync them to fit some acorns. I'm scratching my head wondering wtf I've gotten myself into. Someone didn't just redneck it for the fuck of it. The hole diameter is too smaller for the mag lug to fit into.

I'm 95% sure that all Toyotas fit all toyotas. These are those super common 3 spoke looking 6 spoke 15s.

The guys going to dig up his lugs to get me going. Annoyed that I'm stuck in some weird or useless wheels.

Edit: no hits whatsoever on a difference in lug bore year to year or even wheel swapping from a different manufacturer. I'll just have to drill 24 holes out a bit bigger.

I was going to delete the thread but I guess it will further immortalize my fuck ups.

Pictures/measurements are worth a 1000 guesses by members.....

It doesn't matter. I either wait for the previous owner to give me the acorns and rock those or I drill them out to 3/4 so Toyota mag lug fit. End of story. Delete the thread. But because you asked for pics instead of reading that it doesn't matter, I will indulge you guys in what doesn't matter.

20180414_125638.jpg

20180414_125622.jpg

20180409_110514.jpg

I've seen welded barrels, but never a welded spoke. Right on.

I agree with lofty, those tapered countersinks look like they are for acorn (tuner) style lug nuts. Vatozone has them in Toyota thread pitch.

those factory 4runner wheels are shank from factory though. weird theyre undersized. could have a quick call to toyota and see? or..wait..parts guys are idiots

So long story short. They are some kind of weird left over wheels from something. I looked at a couple other 4runners with the same style. One was factory for sure and 16". The other was some kind of enkie replicas and those were 15s. Both were mag lug style.

I'm not happy with my weird wheels and rock hard ATs, but I'm stuck with them until some really sweet deal pops up. I've got alerts for the junkyard and keep up on local Craigslist/offerup stuff. The 15s seem to handle best with the stock pedestrian suspension/steering setup. just like a cressida.

Sign in to follow this