Sign in to follow this  
brian

JZX81 fuel pump

Anyone know the flow rate of the factory JZX81 pump?

Sorry, but I am clueless about anything JZ, except they have better ports, and combustion chambers than my 7M,

and most people are afraid of turning them at an RPM, that I consider a performance engine should.

But you can still swing a ban-hammer on that parasite..

Sorry, but I am clueless about anything JZ, except they have better ports, and combustion chambers than my 7M,

and most people are afraid of turning them at an RPM, that I consider a performance engine should.

But you can still swing a ban-hammer on that parasite..

The fuel pump, not the engine.

I know...

Just stating that I knew nothing.

But if I were to make an halfway intelligent guess, I'd say the same pump as the MkIII turbo, MkIII N/A, and the MX83.

They all used the same pump....

It might be easier to find the MkIII info, than that of a car that most people in the US think is some sort of weird Camry.

Well if it winds up being the same pump as the MX83 then that would be pretty funny. I remember back in the dark ages (early 2000s forums) the common sentiment was if youre swapping in a 1JZ you better upgrade your pump ASAP or it will lean out bro! Not safe [early 2000s meme]!

Look up the part numbers...

So, I did.

Not....

Same as 1UZ Lexus, and MkIII turbo, but not NA Supra/Cressida.

What I get for listening to someone on SupraMania....

So go rob one out of a Lexus, or just buy a Walbro, and pray that you don't get one from chinastan.

How do you know if it was a real Walbro?

I know this doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm using the pump from a '98 Aristo that came with my 2JZ. I believe it's the same Denso unit they used on the TT MK4 Supra. If you need a new pump, I'd look into those.