brian

Too lazy to find the few build threads already for this car

Reason why you don't want a "15th anniversary" is 25 years from now you've got to explain it. Established in 2003 is is way better. Now unlike all of you idiots, I'll still own my Cressida in 25 years if I make it that long without catching a deadly disease from a $5 lot lizard.

No glove,no love

^^Fuck yes^^ Good to hear

when you hit rock bottom you start wanting to work on your brokedick car again.

i heard.

Soooooo goood!!!!!

What's going o be to be the price?

So excite for these!

Awesome work man!!!

Being done on a CNC mill, you should be able to down size it to other than WWF belt size......

Maybe not.

What material ?

Aluminum, to corrode in a month ?

Stainless ?

Brass, turn shit brown in 6 months ?

Plastic ?

Would be very cheap, and cutting speeds much higher.

We could rattle can paint to what ever fit our tastes, like pussy pink for schlammie.

Just how are you going t do the square corners in the lettering?

Gordo, the diameter is 3.125" I am not making these. Bryan can message me for the file and he can find someone to make it out of whatever material he wants.

These are changes they wanted and i'm more than happy to help... i think my first revision was more suited for manufacturing, but the added inputs arent my deal

I wish you luck in making these, this way, as they will be a pain in the dick.

Is is possible to invert it, make a stamp, then press it into something? Or is this the stamp version? If we went stamped route then we would probably want the respect your elders recess to be less severe? Idk, this is out of my wheelhouse.

Only a reverse negative would have to be made, and they could be injection molded.

Many places do this, and probably in small runs of 500, and could be chromed.

Just like key chain fobs.

Initial set-up would be the expensive part, but then the cost of the badge it self would be pennies per unit.

Over all, they would still be at a price most members could afford.

But does Brian want to jump into something that would take a $5k investment, only to make that much profit, and the length of time it would take to move 500 of them?

If machined, even out f aluminum, the cost will be higher, but a starving job shop would probably do much smaller runs.

Any swinging dick can write a program, but if not willing to actually machine them, what is the chance of some other shop being able to use said program ?

Slim, as that all depends on what machines they have, and what tooling they have.

What is the resolution of 3D printing these days ?

Or, just stop with the angle view, make it as an image, and have a button place make up some buttons,

or a vinyl cutter place gjst run up a bunch of stickers,

or for the real cheap asses, print them out on paper....

(remember, this is the broke ass Cressida club)

Any swinging dick can write a program, but if not willing to actually machine them, what is the chance of some other shop being able to use said program ?

Slim, as that all depends on what machines they have, and what tooling they have.

That is why I'm not getting too involved from here, there's some geometry, do something with it... whoever it is.

The more I think about it, a badge of some sort may be the way to go.

Brian could sell them for $20, make some money for keeping this forum going.

Same place makes can coolers, coffee mugs, shot glasses, key chains, and even temp tattoos.

He could offer a whole range of JZXP gear.

Fuck, I'm down for a coffee mug !

Maybe Rue would do a temp tattoo, put it on his butt cheeks, and send us pictures :)

Will there be more than a 10 day warrantee on them ?

But probably be OK.

Just re-weld them once a month, and add braces, so they don't fall off, like the chinesey turbo manifolds that every one uses, they will be good until the car sells.

I called a few places and asked for the price of a die for an injection mold for a side project... 5k is a very conservative estimate. Most places I called wouldn't make an injection mold for less than 10k.

The round badges are $35/100......

And as you can see, some of them have held up for decades.

C6orz13WwAAKRDC.jpg

reallifemodelprojects.com

Looks great Demesio! Brian may be hard pressed to find a manufacturer that is capable of making something that small and detailed, but I'm really into it.

A lot of people dream up stuff without a clue what it would cost to actually have someone make it.

I dream of a billet 7M block/head so there would be no head gasket.

I also dream of having a magic button that would kill wet-dream threads.

Demesio, I would think you had a little more sense than to go through this, without having an inside friend at CP that would run a batch of these off for a 12-pack.