Sign in to follow this  
brian

Bought a Mark II JZX81

whats the color code for that black? im looking for a nice black to paint mine.

i couldnt find that black code for the life of me. didnt translate to anything here.

check out lexus and toyota lots and check their blacks out, theyre usually very tasteful.

ford/lincolin/domestics are very course blacks now a days with too much metallic.

Theres a lexus galaxy? black, and its black with some fine metallic in it.  To make blacks pop u usually need some pearls in there and they're very hard to see typically unless direct sunlight

yeah the official color code in the brochure and toyodiy is 24S.  which they literally called “EXCELLENT TONNING, 24S”

8 hours ago, Gordo said:

Jason T, the FRS Torsen is the same one that came in the Tourer-V in Japan.
It is the newer T2 design, with parallel gears.
No special shafts required, like the old Torsen T1 did.

Brian, you picked the weak ass Cusco bar, with the joint in the middle.
If you lean on it in the corners enough, you will split those silly aluminum lock nuts on the adjustable part.
Sell it, and I will show you the one piece one in Japan, if they are still there.

damn it

well i already bought this one, so i’ll wait until it breaks i guess.  i did check those nuts and they are steel, so maybe they upgraded it since the earlier versions?

Must have.......

I had bought a couple out of Japan that had aluminum, and they were cracked.
Went out and bought both LH & RH taps to make replacements.

Now if they just made the connector piece out of steel, or did they ?

paint like glass, man. really nice.

can you not replace whatever bulb condom gives it the orange glow with a green one? idk, never taken that switch apart

5 hours ago, Gordo said:

Now if they just made the connector piece out of steel, or did they ?

yeah it's steel now too. 

5 hours ago, Demesio said:

That car isnt going to break anything sitting pretty in his garage ;)

damn right. 

1 hour ago, ChriSOL said:

can you not replace whatever bulb condom gives it the orange glow with a green one? idk, never taken that switch apart

what switch?

is300 trac off button. i was drunk and phone posting and responded to a way earlier post, looks like.

i checked before i decided to rip all the abs and trc stuff out and color comes from a plastic filter inside.  bulb had no condom. 

Marc's ability never ceases to amaze me. The custom oval pipe is so rad. Nice to see you finally update your thread.

For JZX people you really dont have a clue about JZX model's and on a good note, i chopped the shit out of my Yamaha edition :) who cares', you can buy them used for 22K AUD (Price Last one sold for) they are not anything special, and you only paid for a sticker really, then got access to pick from the accessories you want and that is why some have more yamaha accessories then other's.

on a side note you have a nice JZX81

hah thanks.  

another update; because i am a pedantic asshole with some sick obsession on keeping this car as original looking as possible, i decided to just rewheel the stock twins vs going single (yeah welcome to 2004 right).  so along with that rad downpipe, i'm going to see if he can help make a custom y pipe as well.  comp turbo is building the turbos now, thanks @Demesio for dropping off your old junk. 

so with those, a new pump and injectors, new ic, and a link (or haltech?), let's see if I can do a few hp over stock and call it good.

Contact Kurtz dump pipes on facebook, rebuilt twin's with a dump pipe got over 300rwkw on a Australian dyno :P so that is like 500hp on a american. 

you can re stock the wheels with GTX garret core's if you run e85 you can get a 10sec pass out of the engine if you have supporting mods. so it is not a bad discussion, i have wanted to run the Kurtz high mount stock turbo's as that looks cool due to twin high mount but yeah you need two front turbo's i believe. 

@AcidTrip @battleaxe so i asked the guy who re-painted this car in japan what color codes he used and he said the following...

US Toyota's that match 205:
Toyota Paseo in Satin Black Metallic (205) from 1996-1997
US Toyota's that match 180:

Lexus LS in Flint Gray Pearl (180) from 1990-1994

image.png