JZXProject
timtiminy

Torsen diffs

I'm more interested in gripping the road than sliding around sideways so I'm looking at my options for a torsen unit. Anyone know if the 8" torsen units off the is300 lsd diffs (m98 & m85) will work in the mx83 or ma71 housing? My guess is that they should but I don't know if the axle stub snap ring grooves are in the right place. From my research I'm pretty sure the frs/brz/gt85 use the same torsen unit too and those are pretty plentiful so could be a good grab.

Just grab one from a Canadian spec mx83. Mine has a factory 3.9 torsen

Don't, unless you get the JDM shafts with it.

The X8, and the JZA70 Torsens were a T1 design, and took a longer shaft, which are next to impossible to find.

Bill got the last pair I've seen in Japan, and that was what, maybe 2 years ago ?

Found my answer to the is300 lsd question: http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=3175&p=33286

now to find out for sure if the frsr/brz/gt86 units are identical...

they are. just bought a br-z diff for my IS.

better buy one quick though, word is out about those and they're already going up in price.

Don't, unless you get the JDM shafts with it.

The X8, and the JZA70 Torsens were a T1 design, and took a longer shaft, which are next to impossible to find.

Bill got the last pair I've seen in Japan, and that was what, maybe 2 years ago ?

i got a set too, came with a free jzx81.

Nope, not correct number.....

I thought the Canadian mx83 diffs were all clutch pack LSD? Mine was clutch. Altezza/is chassis have the torsens

got a killer deal on a slipping ma70 4.3 lsd

now I've gotta decide if i want to buy the weir kit for it or spend more and put a T2 in it.

T2. Had a t1 and loved it. Mo bought it and now he loves it. T2 will do better in the wet/snow/ice. It has the clutch center to keep things going in zero traction and enough slip to not blow up after 500hp launches.

Ended up buying a frs Diff for $180 gonna pull the T2 lsd and swap it into a mk3 housing I have. Ill weld up the open diff off the Cressida to drop back into the frs case and sell it back to the frs guys and profit off the purchase. Feels good to get parts for profit. Still have a mk3 clutch diff Ill modify and keep if I decide I want to do some skids.

Still have a mk3 clutch diff Ill modify and keep if I decide I want to do some skids.

I have never had an issue with drifting with my T2....

found this in my uncle's old sticker collection.

IMG_8937.JPG

Crap !

Does he have another one ?

no :( i had another one but i gave it to a friend and he sold the car.

My loss...

I'll just take my 7M apart again to take my mind off it.