Okidriftjr

1jzgte VVTI big power

I have scoured the net for youtube vids and forum builds. Post some links of guys that are running bigger turbo 1jVVTI engines and or their builds.

The time has come for me to decide if it's worth trying to build for bigger power on the VVTI car or just leave it as is. Everyone know what kind of power you can get out of the Non VVTI 1j and it's not fucking hard.

If you have a link or opinions on a power comparison, fire away.

Best bet might be to look at Aussie jzx100 builds... their cars might look like dick, but some of them make decent power...

So you know that you can make power on the old engine, and you're asking what you can do with a better compression ratio, variable valve timing, and better cylinder head cooling?

Or are you asking about what that maf can do? because you want to be cheap about making power.

The 1jvvti head ports are very different than the old head and the 2j heads.

They don't flow as much in cfm as the 1j nonvvti.

That's why I'm interested

Instant 20% power increase, put in a 2JZ....

One of those small regrets in life...

Kind of like uttering the words 'will you marry me'.

Well, not quite that bad....had 7Ms a lot longer, and still having fun with them.

Oh, also go check SpaceCase's build thread. Not sure if he's updated it fully, but the dude is making decent power in his 110 these days.

there was a scan of a japanese tuning mag i a thread here while back. there was a jzs161 and a jzx100 that both had 1jz vvti power and made some decent power. each was above 700 if i remember correctly. each had a top speed over 300km/h

Nice thanks Chris. I'll see if I can find that article.

Eh

Yeah I have enough power out of my track car (nonvvti).