Sign in to follow this  
brian

número tres

I help admin the Toyota Cressida! page on FaceBook and monitor all the join requests... 240 kids are definitely on the rise. Thankfully they typically fail 9.5/10 times and go back to S-chassis when they realize Cressida people aren't into holding hands.

Well I've run into a dilemma. My 1JZ came today and I really don't know what car I want to put it in. I love the X8 don't get me wrong, but this is my 3rd IS300 and I still have never made a fast one. I always get scared of the emissions and complexity so I usually just sell them. But this time I almost want to make it a point to actually swap one. I already have time and money in my IS300 and the X8 just fell into my lap. So I am leaning towards actually finishing the IS300 and keeping the X8 in storage for a later date.

I miss my Boss 302 sometimes (my wife really misses it) but I miss JZs more.

fr_732_size880.jpg

fr_733_size880.jpg

fr_734_size880.jpg

IS300 definitely has more aftermarket support. I'd say instead of having two project cars, finish one, then start the other. Even though I'd rather see the Cressida being worked on, finish the IS.

Then sell it.

id swap IS. emissions here are as draconian as california in terms of spec but not process - yet. is AZ any easier than where you lived before? would you consider "alternate" methods such as registering the car under an llc based in a state that requires no emissions check?

yeah, going to have to get creative. arizona has a few loop holes; 1) they only require emissions in maricopa county (which is my county), so if you have a mailing address (No PO) in any other county you're gold. 2) they don't require emissions if you vehicle has collector car insurance. so if you can find a company to cover the car you're good there (this is obviously the most legal way to get it done) 3) they don't roll or inspect OBD2 cars, so technically if you can somehow report no MIL and all readiness states on the OBD2 port you're good too.

I think I would label 240s as the dark side before I say mustangs. Mustang guys for the most part can build a car, 240 kids can't build something that lasts an event. Sad to see Cressidas gaining popularity with 240 kids.

iunno about that entirely, however i know too many s chassis kids in the states that are absolute dog shit. to be fair, those mustang guys dont track their car, they do burn outs, go to high schools and cars and coffee and crash into mobs...lol...real funny dumb mustang joke ha... fuck i hate that "joke"

locally (BC) cressidas are just expensive now. people dont buy them, we had a craze here (myself included) back in 03/04? somewhere in there where guys from s chassis' went to cressidas, most went like they all do (mine included/x7) and then ppl stopped buying them, but the prices stayed in the more than 500 dollars range of 3k +/- lol

now, a mustang, still expensive here, most are 3k + as well, and 5L are 6ish +/- mods etc.

side note, saw an absolute MINT foxbody mustang yesterday, like, PERFECT, was a hatch though, so barf, but it was something to appreciate for the care.

maaaaaan, i really like is300/altezzas...theyre the "it" item here on the island/lower mainland currently. lots of altezzas around. way better than the lhd variants around here, all are write offs and still 7k and garbage shape.

what a time to be alive

Battleaxe, I can agree with what you said, but yeah for the most part, state-side S-Chassis kids are hacks.

especially in AZ. kids here are seriously trying to build cars on $5 budgets.

budget kids are everywhere.

some kid was trying to talk me down on a part yesterday im basically giving away ($20 part, new is $150-170) "ya but it needs paint and effort" --well kiddo, if it was mint, I would be asking more than $20.

Fuck... that kid is more retarded than Shlammie... fuck

The one across the street from Chris... don't give a fuck about some fucktard lowballing Shlammie... more than what I'd offer him for anything... fucking faggot

How can you live with such a bare garage ?

haha, only been here less than a year. i will fill it up.

shes officially parts support for the x81 now and sitting in storage.