LUMBERZACK

Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

Actually it was Muammar Gaddafi's pistol I was thinking of that had the engraving

gun.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=642

Would only change too things, 

Go full gold on wheels, and gold tinted mirrors.

Nice attention to little shit.

not gonna lie, i follow #mx83 on ig and saw this weeks ago. didn't know it was yours. As soon as I saw yours I saw someone else post their buddy's scroll work on a harley and started following him too.

This absolutely fucking rules and I wanna do something like that BAD.

Did you find an easy way to R&R the rear handles? They were SUCH a bitch last time around. 

Love it.  Never commented but meant to.  The handles are so bad ass.  And the gold trim is awesome.

Woooowww.  Killer car guy. Stealing that door handle idea for sure. 

Thanks dudes! There's so many ideas in my head of things like this I want to do, but I just got to get over the money hurdle. Haha. I've got time though, so this stuff will continue.

On 9/22/2020 at 3:38 PM, Jason said:

Did you find an easy way to R&R the rear handles? They were SUCH a bitch last time around. 

Honestly, they're always quite a bitch, but my best advice is removing the bolt and screws that hold the lock actuator and get it out of the way and use a 1/4" ratchet with a 6" extension and a swivel head for the socket is the best bet at getting to the bolt for the handle. The little plastic retainer clips for the rods are always a pain too. lol. small but strong fingers is the recipe.

On 10/6/2020 at 12:48 PM, jzxseven said:

Woooowww.  Killer car guy. Stealing that door handle idea for sure. 

Thanks dude! If you're in Cali, let me know what they are charging for this work, because in AZ, it's $$$$

Not much to update this time around, but I'm bored and have some free time to post here. 

Windshield glass doesn't last long in Arizona before it becomes littered with rock chips and has more crack than a Circle K parking lot. So I had my buddy install a freshy for me. Windshield coverage and next day install is a huge benefit over owning and driving a JDM import. 

50630050452_52ae827d39_c.jpg

I began noticing that my rear wheels had a bit of play in them when I grabbed onto them. I immediately thought it was the wheel bearings or ball joints, but given that I replaced those 1.5 year ago. I checked other culprits and found that my Xcessive poly joints had a fair amount of play in them. Mind you I have over 4 years and 40k miles, with a couple dozen drift events on these. I think they served me well. So I ordered new joints.

50630052677_820631a061_c.jpg

One thing I noticed in the picture below, was the old ones (top) have zerk fittings, whereas the new ones (bottom) do not. They're clearly from a different manufacturer, but hopefully these last as long.

50629213838_ddc03e5559_c.jpg

It's finally time to show my rear bumper some love since it is on its last leg. My buddy who is doing the repair is taking the opportunity to address many of the fitment issues the bumper has had its whole life. Hopefully it will fit much cleaner than previous. We're hoping to raise it up some as well to minimize how much it drags and gets caught on shit.

50630052667_bfd14bb173_c.jpg

50629208813_24aa478d31_c.jpg

50629209008_feaa6ea24e_c.jpg

I had a local guy come work his magic on my alignment. He is mobile and comes to your house to do your alignment, granted you have a garage he can work it. He brings a digital camber gauge and toe plates and spends as much time as he needs to to set it up perfectly. I think he was at my house for the better part of 6 hours painstakingly making sure everything was perfect. My final specs are:

Front: -5.7 Camber, 1/8 Toe out

Rear: -0.5 Camber, 1/8 Toe in

The car drives fantastic. The steering wheel is level and it drives as straight as an arrow. Well worth the money. I don't have a picture of him doing the alignment, but here's a picture of my post-alignment fitment.

50629208283_935b6178be_c.jpg

Also, I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss out on the limited run gold work emotion center caps, so I bought a second set for my drift spares. Now my wheels will always match. I also got new valve stems because the seal on all of mine are starting to dry rot. 

50630052712_6e82b013fb_c.jpg

50630051572_c86f079f5c_c.jpg

That's it for now. My bumper is not finished yet. I have a few other things I'm working on as well, but I don't have any pictures, so we'll wait until the next post.

toe out in the front on a daily, u a wild man.

looks fabulous as always.  i appreciate the rear bumper repair and fitment, very nice.

as much as i love all the same wheels, and how they will all fit perfect and run one tire size, i cant get over variety.  you chose a very nice set of wheels for daily and spares man.

The windshield problem is why I hated my time living in Colorado.  Although I guess you could just limit your driving to May-July and MAYBE not have that issue.  Here in Louisiana you can drive a car for 30 years and not get a windshield crack.  Or get super unlucky and get three in two years, I've had that experience too.

But since I typically exist in the unlucky camp my stress is always high driving my X3 because I know finding a windshield will be a pain in the ass.  Still drive it every day though, and sometimes end up following closer to vehicles than I should HA.

Still love seeing the car.

@battleaxe Maybe I haven't announced it officially, but the Cressida is no longer my daily. I now have a company truck that I drive. The Cressida just gets driven on the weekends to friend's houses and shit, just ready for a drift event. Yeah, I'd never run front toe on a daily, especially 1/8" lol. Thanks homie! We're definitely taking our time on the bumper so I'm hoping for great results! I like a lot of wheels and I kept my eyes open for Chrome Work XC8's, Model 5's, Advan T6,  AVS Model 6, GramLight 57Pros...well pretty much any early 00's wheel in chrome and the market right now for '90's-'00's japanese car parts is fucking ridiculous. Parts aren't littered over yaj like they once were and the parts that are listed are 3x the usual price. Same with the local marketplace even. It was actually pure fate that I got a second set of WMB XT7's for a great price.

@bigtoepfer Totally man. I'm glad I have a company truck now, because I've gone through 2 windshields in 7 months. The company has full-coverage and since it's a common-ass F-150, I just call the mobile guy and he replaces the window same day at my house. Super convenient. What's crazy to me is, I've imported multiple sets of glass headlights from Japan and the glass is pristine on them, even being 30 years old. After 3 months in Arizona, they'll be pitted and cracked. Such a disappointment, which is why I use Lamin-X film on my headlights and they look perfect. Thank you for the compliments!

My X8 is also on its third windshield. I was surprised at how readily available they still were and how cheap they were even without any coverage. Fuckin $200 installed.

I inherited my X9 with a cracked windshield and still haven't bothered with it lol.  I know theres guys out there that can bring them over but I just need to break down and do it sometime next season.  The guy I bought the car from showed me the windshield he had shipped to him and UPS trashed it; no wonder seeing as it was just stuffed in a cardboard box with minimal padding.