LUMBERZACK

Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

That Ganador adaptation is some of the most boss shit I've ever seen on here, goddamn! 

The fitment of my wheels is identical to yours in regards to being alarmingly close to the coilover lol. 

You could probably get your car featured in some sort of magazine or major YouTube channel if you so chose.

Good to see all the developments. Glad you're still keeping your cress on the road/track and taking care of her. I know a few car people that kind of let their cars go neglected after finishing a build. Nice to see that you're not one of them 

Cool shit !

Waiting for the crumpled rear fender, because 'DRIFT'.

Lol his car has survived so far...

That sim rig he set up is pretty cool. I'm interested in doing something similar, but I gotta finish flushing money into my car

Lol, used your Subaru brain and took a page out of the EJ book with the oil filter orientation. Much less mess than the perpendicular to block shit. To be honest, after working on the newer FA engines, I dont entirely mind their top mount filter. At least theres a small ridge around it to catch any mess. 

Thanks dudes!

Yeah these cars really suck for wheel fitment on stock body. Not much room for barrel or lip lol.

I’m super pumped on the outcome of the Ganador adaptation. It took quite a bit of time to shape them, but essentially now having a set of Ganadors for 1/3 the going rate. 

Yes definitely build a sim. I’d say I’m in $1,100 into my setup including the computer and the results and use I get out of it is worth every penny.

I’ve gotten some media exposure offers and I’m still self conflicted. I want to exploit my car and my work to prove Cressidas CAN be cool, but also, I know that 90% of the audience is a bunch of mouth breathers ready to tax any affordable drift chassis. It sucks what the internet has done to JZX100’s because not long ago you could get a decent Tourer V for $7k, but now by the time I’ll be able to afford one, I’ll be paying more than what most new cars cost. Sickening.

Gordo, thanks dude! Also I wouldn’t wait too long, I know you’re already one foot in the grave, ya fucking boomer.

Urrik, HAHA yeah I kinda did like how easy oil changes were on my EJ with the filter facing down. My sister has the new Forester with the filter up top and I agree, the oil changes are pretty swift. But also, it’s kind of useless to have it up top because you have to jack up the car to drain the oil anyway. Lol

jesus christ cressidas are so gd smol

is that s9 aero?

50101929887_c99da4ced3_c.jpg

On 7/13/2020 at 6:43 AM, LUMBERZACK said:

I’ve gotten some media exposure offers and I’m still self conflicted. I want to exploit my car and my work to prove Cressidas CAN be cool, but also, I know that 90% of the audience is a bunch of mouth breathers ready to tax any affordable drift chassis.

i mean, welcome to a decade ago. X8s were all over the scene and they've died because too many were destroyed via drifting. they're definitely still considered a very cool chassis, they're just pretty rare these days with 1J's getting slapped hard with drift tax and the lack of available straight chassis. there's a reason everything's getting K-swapped these days.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

jesus christ cressidas are so gd smol

that's just everything old vs. new. new cars are so gigantic the boats of yesteryear look like sub compacts. my e30 makes my old x8 look like a yacht, but that same yacht looks like a pinto next to a brand new corolla. 

15 hours ago, Stephen said:

i mean, welcome to a decade ago. X8s were all over the scene and they've died because too many were destroyed via drifting. they're definitely still considered a very cool chassis, they're just pretty rare these days with 1J's getting slapped hard with drift tax and the lack of available straight chassis. there's a reason everything's getting K-swapped these days.

I think you're confused.  X8s never made it into drifting, that would require the car gets driven/finished to even attempt to LEARN to drift.  There is only a handful that got finished and then used.  Most would get parted and sold/scrapped.  Then ppl tried to "drift tax" the chassis resulting in many being between 3-5k for a free to $500 car which requires several 1000's to make it a usable vehicle, or roll the dice with a M motor, w box and a welded diff.

Now we have none for sale as they get dropped at the wreckers, and the wreckers dont hold them because they're a worthless car, now they're all but gone.

Probably for the best because its either S9 v1 kit on 18s with 45 series tires, or stock body with 350z rims and 45 series tires.  Absolutely zero creativity, style what so ever for the chassis.

^I feel like all the creative ones came from here. Everywhere else I look now I just see the same giant aero on melanin enriched chrome wheels. 

@LUMBERZACK parked up on the front yard like a true Mexican 

@Jason and thats WITH aero. Without it they look small pulled up alongside a late 90s Accord.  Makes you wonder where they managed to cram 3400 lb of dead weight. 

I always thought the newer JZX cars were a bit bigger because they seemed larger than life online. But an x90 in person is about the size of my Cressida. It's definitely longer, but it almost feels smaller because of the roofline and it isnt shaped like a bar of Irish Spring

@Jason the Avalon is a BIG car, but side by side in the garage, they’re damn near the same length. The Subaru is the shortest. I think the width and height of the cars do most of the talking in this picture.

It is a BIGWIN kit. So in a sense, yes it’s what the S9 series 1 kit looks like.

@battleaxe agreed. I wanna see cool Cressidas come up, but damn do 90% of them suck. I feel like a pretentious hater, but there’s just not much to like. Cut corners, bad taste/style, no vision/imagination, cookie cutter. I mean I guess the same could be said about my car, I have the most overused bodykit albeit the authentic one, two tone and dummy chrome wheels, but I never built the car to change the Cressida game or do something that’s never been done. I just want a clean reliable drift car that stands out.

@Urrik my fiancée is Mexican so we definitely partake in front yard fiestas lol

the formula still exists, no matter the parts. id love to see F&F original cars redone with fitted wheels and stuff, sort of what Angry Earl did for the FD.  Would have been cool if it had the same kit, but his car looks better.

its weird how such a simple thing, that anyone can do, gets done so wrong.  This is based strictly off ppl posting fitted, low, styled cars, and then they make their own, and its not remotely the same, but they are like ya, its the same..same car...ok dude.

Hah, my wife is also a Mexico. Also trying to get her out of her Impreza and into the car of her people

LOL I completely forgot while posting that your new wheels were chrome. I was thinking more of cookie cutter Weds/VSKF/other gross shit. I might be gay, but if you had the Gram Lights color matched to the lower half of the two tone, that would look cool

At the end of the day, the the ratio of "car looks good", vs "car actually gets driven hard", this one is one of the best!

There are plenty of drift Cressidas out there struggling to look presentable, and there are plenty of show worthy cars that rarely get driven. This one is an excellent balance of both.

@battleaxe I totally agree. I’ve seen cars go from a complete miss to an absolute hit, just by adjusting the ride height and literally that’s all 90% of F&F cars needed.

@Urrik definitely big gay because these are Work XT7’s,  not gramlights lol. I’m done with colored wheels. It hasn’t really worked on this car to be honest. I know what you mean by cookie cutter VSKFs though. They are so popular yet so disgusting. Also, I’d like to know your take on the car of her people, because if it ain’t a 4’-11” latina behind the wheel of a long ass 1998 chevy suburban with a sticker on the entire back window that says “Durango” and a smaller sticker that says, in memory of Gloria Lopez Lopez - 1974-2008, then idk what you mean.

@tuner4life Thank you so much dude! I definitely think cars should be driven and driven hard is the best way to enjoy them. In the same breath it’s not enough to drive hard. You have to look cool doing it otherwise it’s boring. Like many have said, “drifting is a rolling car show.” I’ve seen kids throw down some aggressive lines consistently, but it’s not anything worth filming imo because the car looks like shit. There was a big event down here last year and there was one kid with a stockish frs with angle mods I remember commenting, “damn he’s driving hard and consistently running the wall.” Since the event, I’ve probably only seen one photo or clip of the kid’s car the entire two day event. I guess being a good driver is not enough to get spot light, people just don’t want to photograph ugly cars.

14 hours ago, LUMBERZACK said:

Since the event, I’ve probably only seen one photo or clip of the kid’s car the entire two day event. I guess being a good driver is not enough to get spot light, people just don’t want to photograph ugly cars.

I have heard exactly this from multiple photographers. One literally said "IDGAF if Diago Saito is out there, if he's in a flat black 240 we won't even bother taking pictures because they all look the same, and it's impossible to accurately tag the drivers after the event."

No shit those are XT7s, I obviously meant the fucking gramlights that were on the car before. Normally that bronze would've went great with either of the two tone colors.  But I get it's hard to match painted wheels to the combination of them

The car of the people. Beige 1998 Corolla with 250k miles, first gen Mazda3 with tirerack.com winter tire and wheel package in the middle of the summer, Mitsubishi Montero with exactly one side step and two fender flares missing, all mud flaps still attached, etc

On 8/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, LUMBERZACK said:

@tuner4life Thank you so much dude! I definitely think cars should be driven and driven hard is the best way to enjoy them. In the same breath it’s not enough to drive hard. You have to look cool doing it otherwise it’s boring. Like many have said, “drifting is a rolling car show.” I’ve seen kids throw down some aggressive lines consistently, but it’s not anything worth filming imo because the car looks like shit. There was a big event down here last year and there was one kid with a stockish frs with angle mods I remember commenting, “damn he’s driving hard and consistently running the wall.” Since the event, I’ve probably only seen one photo or clip of the kid’s car the entire two day event. I guess being a good driver is not enough to get spot light, people just don’t want to photograph ugly cars.

This is an ongoing issue with the drift scene in general and will always be contentious.  Our scene here on the island is nothing but great to competent drivers.  Nearly anyone who drives at our events can compete anywhere.  That being said, there's like a handful of cars that don't look like dog shit/multi coloured/no car style.  Our drivers consistently go to BC/WA/OR tracks and take home the hardware.  once again, there's next to no media of the cars.  Vice versa, you go to american events, and the big ones of super D and final bout, lots and lots of good looking cars but the amount of good to competent drivers is very lacking.  its my opinion as to why the media that comes out of those events are "high light reels." also look at the animal style cars and they're usually in 40 pcs by the end of the event, much like the former burst drivers.  There's also the distinction of a car held together loosely that falls apart v crash and cool damage. i hate fixing my car so close calls and running walls are less and less now a days

I will be the first to admit id also rather look at something cool doing something shitty than a garbage car doing something sick. i get it.  ppl want to see cool things and not dumpsters.  The problem with this will always be, much like ppl, you just got to look good and ppl will follow or treat you good.  False egos. 

What I do love, is the cool cars doing cool things, and really that's a rare being.  If ppl actually knew how many garbage cars are in japan doing events, all the nostalgia perfect drift cars would be even brighter because there's junk at all drift events always, they also just don't get film time because they look bad and drive bad.

complex i know lol. begs the question, why does anyone do anything they're doing? seat time is important, but also taking care of your car is too.  a stock body with fitted wheels and decent spares i could look at all day long, even if it is a e36 bmw.  its so weird how ppl "just dont get it"

So to kick off this next update, lets talk about wheels. Running the R33's was cool as a beginner drifter, since I got them for a steal and they are good spec and look okay for an OEM wheel. With that said, my car did not look aggressive and I was never truly happy with the look. I bought the Rays Gramlights 57CR as a possible step up from the R33's. Even though I think they looked better, it still didn't hit right with me. I then came to realize, a lot of it had to do with my ride height, tire size, wheel diameter, and wheel color. I was then on the hunt for some 18's. That's when my friend and I were eating sushi when he said he had the WMB XT7's I ended up buying and installing. I fell in love with the way my car looks with these wheels. It is a great alternative to pricey 3pc wheels that never quite look aggressive enough on stock body imo.

I always hated seeing pictures of my car at drift events with mismatched wheels, so I definitely wanted to find another set of XT7's in WMB. I assumed it wouldn't be too difficult since they were in production for ~10 years before being disco'd. I was oblivious to the gaining rarity, popularity and price of these wheels when I bought them. Now that I have them and searching for another set I realized what I'm in for. COVID has really dried up the market on all levels. People are just not selling as much stuff as they were. This paints the false picture of "these parts don't exist anymore, therefore the prices must rise." I think the stuff still exists, but Japanese people just aren't selling right now. Either way, prices are through the roof and finding these wheels in my spec was starting to seem like an impossible feat. I started considering buying the XT7's in any color and getting them chromed once I had them. I also considered buying Advan Model 5's, Advan T6's, Work XC8's, or any monoblock in chrome, but that really didn't help my search at all. This shit just wasn't on the market.

Thankfully one of my IG followers hit me up about a set of WMB XT7's being sold by a wheel page based out of Russia in THE SAME SPEC. I instantly moved on them. I was nervous about shipping due to COVID since I know dudes that have had packages from Russia held up since COVID started back in March-April. Thankfully these wheels got to my house in 8 days! Packaged beautifully. Kind of a weird name, but I totally recommend "SlamBangWheels" on Instagram.

50330453807_5b59df458b_c.jpg

50329602358_da6b9320e6_c.jpg

50329602278_a82da49736_c.jpg

Great packaging, fast shipping, great condition. My expectations were succeeded and now my car will always have matching wheels. I sold all of my 17's, so now it's just 18" XT7's for me.

Since I've never really had a wheel with cool center caps, I splurged and bought these.

50330454457_a057279264_c.jpg

My assumption was that the gold caps would kinda compliment the gold logos on my car, but the color ended up being a bit more yellow than expected.

50329606543_cfdd4fd2cc_c.jpg

50330453927_d1e7c0a776_c.jpg

So then to compliment the center caps, I decided to change the body molding trim to gold as well. Gold trim is a vanishing option, so getting my hands on some was a little bit of a hunt. Many of these companies are only producing chrome and black trim, so I bought a lot extra.

50329602078_db4f03876e_c.jpg

50330454422_61d59f8dcd_c.jpg

All this gold got my creative juices flowing. My car has become pretty flashy with all the chrome and gold accents. It reminded me of the lowriders I would see with my father in-law. He was always into the lowrider scene and we would go to lowrider shows and I would see champagne Impalas with gold bumpers and accents and it really sparked an idea. So I got to work. I dug up my OEM painted door handles and started stripping the paint. 

50330278671_4eb18f2ffe_c.jpg

50330274771_bd96e22d8e_c.jpg

50330450017_1556176b27_c.jpg

50329601668_98262c3503_c.jpg

50329606488_ec061d66c2_c.jpg

So I got them to a pretty decent mirror polish using sandpaper, a dremel with scotchbrite wheels, and polishing wheels with jeweler's rouge.

Next I hit up a homie that has been modifying lowriders since the 80's to work his magic.

50330273706_fb68279491_c.jpg

50330449122_e26e33f292_c.jpg

50330273721_d2b1a211c5_c.jpg

To further accentuate the roses, he then engraved diamond cut around the edges of the handles and roughed up the surface surrounding the roses.

50330273811_7cf6ab2447_c.jpg

50330449462_4c787a451d_c.jpg

Seeing them in person in this condition made me want to stop right here as they looked so killer, but these door handles are made of pot metal which would rust, tarnish, etc. Also they would require regular polishing which would wear away at the finish over time, so plating was the necessary next step.

I fought myself back and forth deciding whether to chrome plate my handles of gold plate them. Chrome would've been a safe decision since I already knew it would flow with the rest of my car and the chrome accents, but I was reluctant since having chrome would just mean I'd be right back where I was prior and they would easily be overlooked. However with gold, it is not something you commonly see and the vibrancy would automatically pull the attention of someone walking by ultimately capturing them into discovering the engraving. Also what cartel wouldn't gold plate their custom engraved desert eagle? I said fuck it.

Copper plating first.

50330449817_3633df524c_c.jpg

50330278926_a8dcc4c895_c.jpg

50330449862_275a226153_c.jpg50330274546_305a46eb29_c.jpg

50330449977_73c6097866_c.jpg

50329602473_a6a48af986_c.jpg

50329601903_1dc1ec1f76_c.jpg

50330274381_6ee764a3ca_c.jpg

50330449347_a049a78e5a_c.jpg

I'm aware this type is not everyone's cup of tea, but the artwork and detail is hard not to appreciate. I was very nervous going with gold since it could really break the look of the car, but honestly, I'm very surprised with how well it works. Obviously a little more gold accent would help, but gold can get gaudy and tacky fast. I'll leave it as is for a while. 

I hope you guys like it. Criticism is always welcome and expected, but come correct. lol

gonna end up making this to nice to drift! but i know you dont care and will drift it anyway

Thanks guys!

@Urrik most people associate with El Chapo or some Mexican drug cartel, but I’ll accept your creativity lol.