LUMBERZACK

Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

LoL  !

Went drifting again. This time they opened a different track that they haven't ran in years. Unfortunately got about 3 laps in before I heard a pop coming from my footwell. When I was no longer able to shift into gear, I knew something was borked. I came to a stop and started the car in first to get back to pits. Inspected some shit and found that my clutch pedal bracket gave up on life.

48624931071_ca9e9b0fe6_c.jpg

Not wanting to miss out on the event, my buddy drove me to his house where we quickly braced it and welded it back together.

48624932266_b8f97601b9_c.jpg

After that the pedal worked great! I think bracing it took out a bit of flex that the bracket had before because I have a bit more clutch travel now. 

I probably got another 8-10 laps out of the night. I kinda missed out on the peak time of the night, but hey, I'm glad I was able to continue driving and drive home.

Some kid asked for a ridealong at the end of the night and he got a video of my last run. Not too bad, a little more handbrake use than I would've liked, but I've never driven this track before and the first corner was very blind; I could never gauge when to initiate..

Video:

Untitled

A few months ago I picked up a 25mm swaybar that I was told was a front sway bar for an MX83. Come to find out, it is a rear sway bar and it was something @brian probably ordered during an alcohol-driven online shopping spree many moons ago. Being a rear bar that is thicker than the OEM front bar, I knew I wasn't going to install it without beefing up the front bar first. (big bar rear + small bar front =  no grip in the rear) 

I set out to find a company willing to make a custom sway bar for the Cressida and came across Mako in Australia. They'll make any size and color bar you want for a price. I ordered a 27mm front bar for my car and patiently waited. Tony at Mako periodically followed up with me giving me updates and was helpful and responsive. 10/10 customer service.

After it took 10 weeks to make, I finally received my custom sway bar from Australia. It arrived with brackets, bushings and grease. After install, I think the wait was worth it considering this was one of the very few direct bolt on parts that did not require me taking out a grinder, cutting wheel, or welder. I am pleased with the fitment and quality so far.

48706521042_16ecae190a_c.jpg

48706020948_168f718908_c.jpg

48706519927_3ebbd94546_c.jpg

48706352766_b275cbee7d_c.jpg

I don't really have a good install picture, so take this.

48706521097_ec9a563692_c.jpg

I still have to have custom brackets made for the rear bar to be mounted to. First impressions of the front bar are positive. Much less body roll already. I'm excited to report my findings after running both bars and taking it to a track event. Stay tuned.

Oooohh, I'm interested in that front bar. Since you did all the legwork, maybe they still have a jig laying around that they made your bar with, or at least hopefully they kept their measurements and stuff.

I want one!

Dang.. I hope that custom project wasn't too expensive! I've been using a FC RX7 front bar on some home-brew brackets in the back of the Cressida for years and it's been great. 

Jason, I've been using a $20 turbo SW20 18mm front bar in the rear for a while. I came up on this custom 25mm rear bar for free lol.

For the front bar, after converting Australia's worthless currency to our clearly more superior dollar, it was ~$325 iirc. Not the cheapest sway bar, but for a custom direct fit piece, I'm not disappointed.

Casey, yeah man Mako readily offers Cressida front and rear bar custom options. Shouldn't be much trouble aside from the production time wait.

Looks like the down under members have been holding out on us,
or just couldn't see what was under their own noses.

Good find.

Jesus, that old rear sway bar is still around that Brian had made. damn.

Good going with finding a way to get a front to match.

how big is the oem front sway to this new one?

if you want a laugh, type in 500cdn dollars and see how worthless our money is to the US dollar. i wanna have a good cry after that

Without actually measuring, the front bar seems to be a 21-22mm bar since it is still thinner than my 25mm rear bar.

Yeah idk what Canada is doing with their dollar, but hey at least you have affordable healthcare, amirite?

no idea how our dollar gets affected by anything, never took economics lol

blanket healthcare. no family doctors out in bc, all walk in clinics, typical wait time is 1-3hrs to get basic walk in stuff done, but that is covered by our medical service plan we all pay into, albeit a flawed plan.  surgery can be months and months away on the regular, private options have started to pop up as an alternative but arent covered by our health services and would be out of pocket. definitely better than still having to wait and then re mortgage your house.  our houses out here are 400k+ (condo/townhouse) some houses, typically in the 700+ range though pending area. but thats all besides the point because in manitoba houses are in the 1-200k range too oh well

Back when O-bubba came up with his bull shit health care plan (which doubled my health care costs), one of the arguments to it was the fact that people come to the US from Canada, just to get around the crappy system up there.

Yea, that's an unlikely scenario Gordon. Mostly Canadians flying to India or heading to Mexico if unsatisfied (not common at all). I'm just glad I'm going to have full coverage from my employers when I move down to the States. Your system seems sketchy AF.