LUMBERZACK

Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

Gordo, I agree to your point about throttle dependent vibration being due to poor rear end setup which is why I installed a different differential, but it maintained the same noise. Maybe they both have poor backlash?

i am running an XM one-piece, but it is an older unit from back when they subbed out the driveshafts to their local driveshaft shop. It has the other shop’s sticker on it. Haha

^^ Probably better, their current "balancer" is made from an old lathe.  I took my shaft from them to a local DS shop, and it was way outta balance, especially in the front (where there were no weights what so ever)

Hm, two diffs in a row making the same vibration unlikely.

Bad gears in the trans ?

I have a 4 year old XM driveshaft in mine and there is no vibration besides the occasional non-round wheel/tire. Easy starting point would be to have the driveshaft checked/balanced. What about the rear CV axles? Maybe they are excessively worn? I've never heard of one failing, but I suppose it's possible to get worn to the point of being out of balance.

Don't you have that stupid MA70 diff carrier conversion? Mine vibrated like a motherfucker with that and the XM trans mount until I ditched them for stock shit

Stock 3 bolt mount X8 diff here. I really don't get why people change them over. The guts from the Mk3 unit fit and they are plenty strong..

Oh that was meant for Zack. I thought I saw an MA70 diff earlier in this thread

My vibration isn't throttle dependent it's speed dependent.  And balancing didn't fix it, I assume I damaged something in the trans already.  And there isn't really a detectable amount under 100-110MPH but it gets wild quick.  And it happened with my old rear end setup before I changed diff, axles, hubs.  So I feel like at this point I'm just gonna assume either trans damaged or it's just normal as I'm running stiff mounts everywhere and solid in the rear (S9 not XM) 

I had similiar issue with weird vibrations & noises in the rear of my car and turns out my axle was toast. replaced it and bam problem fixed. 

i also have the vibrations I've come to live with it as everything is solid in the rear end. sub-frame, diff and all new arm bushings