LUMBERZACK

Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

I have Brian's old custom 25mm rear bar that I am contemplating throwing on, but I'd want to get a 26-27mm front bar first. Thick rear with thin front is so off balance.

Jordan, try westlakes. They are the cheapest tire on Amazon, but they last foreverrr. They don't chunk unless you're heavy on the hand brake. I guess the only downside is they "dOn'T GEt Sm0AkiE". But if you're looking for best bang for your buck and more seat time, they're awesome. 

I drive to keep my mind off work and to enjoy what's left of my depreciating 20's, not to make smoke for instagram clout.

The rest of my fuel setup came in the mail. I'll be contacting my tuner to schedule an appointment for tuning. Probably install and tune in a couple weeks when my schedule allows.

32376197847_e16f4fec31_c.jpg

I've been an achillies boy since day one lol. 47-53 dollars a tire, grip, smoaki, rarely chunki.  I was just commenting to gordon that the tires he ran 20 years ago really aren't for fagboy drifting. But who are we joking his cressids ain't ever gonna move on its own power again.  

My favorite tire meme is the zestino pyramid scheme.  Everyone claims they grip 1 or 2 sizzes higher bit it's just a marketing ploy. To make it all worse the head of zestino America seemed to fake his own kidnapping or something.

Tires and if they chunk or not is a really hard thing to gauge due to weight of car, psi, track condition... bumpy and shitty or fresh paved, how long u hot lap for, pre burn out and sit, go from cold... So many variables.

Love how zestino fell off the map with lumppumps disappearance. Over night everyone who was using them stopped...probably same owners who have the valinos (SP?) Lol. Achilles are good, floppy at start and as they wear they get better and more predictable. I ran some atr sport tread with a c hair left on the Supra and they lasted 5 laps. Most tires I run are junk yard tyres and last me 3-5 laps if I'm lucky and nearly all my tires chunk and tread rips off. I dont run to wires as when they blow up they do a lot of unnessesary damage. 

People don't run good tires because as you increase grip you need more power and they cost a ton to keep driving. The balance will always be the same for grip to power. As you increase both together they make you go faster and everything costs more. More tires, tires cost more, keeping that now powerful motor happy requires more money and u have a set amount of time. 

The cost of low power, good grip and smiles per Event will always lie in the sub 300hp with 17s and low to mid tier tires.

I prefer to drive a lot and not spend all my money for a fun activity. Our low comp system allows for this as being the best gets you nowhere. Fuck fd and their programs. Honestly stupidest thing for new drivers to try and do due to how they judge and the level the car has to be at to compete let alone personal skills 

It's been a while since my last update, but I finally got everything installed, running, and tuned on the new Link ECU.

Here is the Panic Wire 2JZ -> Link ECU jumper harness. Also MAF sensor connector to IAT sub-harness.

47457736962_8b1be5618c_c.jpg

Deatschwerks 300 Fuel pump installed on stock hanger. I believe this pump flows 340LPH and is very comparable in size to the Aristo Denso pump I was using. 

47457736862_40e7748cd7_c.jpg

Deatschwerks Bosch 1050cc EV14 Injectors installed with Radium fuel rail and injector boss kit. Great fitment.

47457736352_a59dcac488_c.jpg

pinning for new injector connectors

46595089785_2d7f382378_c.jpg

Injectors installed and connectors pinned.

40544563923_a77f1f429b_c.jpg

I love this thing.

33633818788_bed78cf151_b.jpg

Admin Reveal

46595201235_de377c78bb_c.jpg

It doesn't look much different.

47457737042_4d7d69ea8b_c.jpg

It's definitely not a show car and I still want to clean up some stuff around the bay. I was on a time crunch to get this operating so I could make my appointment with the tuner. Luckily I made it and I'll focus on tidying up the engine bay later. I just want to drive it.

First start up. Not tuned. Tach wasn't working. Just needed to be repinned.

Untitled

To the tuner!

46595201165_2cd064ffcc_c.jpg

Running not even 14 PSI (Wastegate spring pressure)

46786675074_20cb001f29_c.jpg

~400whp/ftlbs on 14psi, 91 octane w/ 52% IDC's. I could run 18psi and make over 500, but there really is no point at my driving level. 400 rips and is super safe/conservative/reliable. I love the responsiveness of this turbo. It's exactly what I wanted. It's very comparable to the stock twins what is exactly what I wanted. I'm super excited to have a solid power plant to progress my driving with. I'm very happy with the outcome of this. I also love knowing that this setup has more on the table for when or if I decide to get more power.

33633943888_ac08b4dec0_c.jpg

Damn I thought this thing was making 550 for sure =(

nice, but...

That air intake temp sensor is an eye sore, and you could rotate the top of that fuelab regualtor so the vacuum hose doesnt have to loop around.

I was going to rotate the FPR top, but figured it was orientation specific since the instructions specified which side faces forward. 

i put my ait in the same spot your fine

1 hour ago, Gibbs said:

i put my ait in the same spot your fine

I didnt say it was wrong, just saying its ugly

5 hours ago, LUMBERZACK said:

figured it was orientation specific

It's not.....