LUMBERZACK

Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

Yes, china springs are junk and Fortune Auto even say's on their website that Swifts are way better and that you should purchase the swifts as opposed to using their own defaults. Maybe a little bit of sales pitching on their part but I have ran both springs from fortune on my Subaru and my Cressida and I will choose swift springs over the defaults any day of the week. The $300 up charge is worth it. Agreed, always buy quality springs.

I can see what you mean that ~$400 for a QR is almost disgustingly overpriced, but if that's what it takes to ensure that my steering wheel isn't going to pop off when i'm initiating towards a jersey barrier, that's the price I'm happy paying. lol

3 hours ago, battleaxe said:

I buy a lot of really expensive bullshit. It's why I have 5 recaro buckets

So tell me about these 5 Recaros......

Any type-2 wildcat seats ?

3 black spg, 2 red spg, 2 type r red srd, 2 confetti srd. nothign special or cool or mint. i have one mint spg that was in the s13 for like a decade.

I've got 2 new SR5s, that I kind of wish I hadn't bought.

I know I'll miss how my Momo T-frames held my but in place, even if they were a little uncomfortable on long trips.
Seen the SPG T2s in Japan, but as luck would have it, they are out of production, and rarely pop up for sale.

whats a T2 version? i just know tomcats as tomcats. those things are stupid expensive

the days of cool car parts for a steal are mostly over.

i wanted a set of recaro classic c's for my crapcan and came real close to picking a pair up, when i mentioned to the seller he had 2 driver sides he got offended and stopped responding to me.

now im stuck w my stock cracking leather jobbies plus kyle's old cloth mark ii seats as backup.

i really want the tosco style fg buckets for my hairdresser car. 

^ I think upgarage still can have deals from time to time.  The ultra rare hella tyte JDM stuff you guys are talking about maybe not.  But I was able to swoop the older bride I'm now using for my PC rig for 39 bucks (Not including shipping obviously) no rips but was not super clean.

That being said I've been looking for a matching Purple SR-2 (checking all the usual sites using the kanji and katana for murasaki) for my car since I got the one I did, and theres been nothing but ones that looked like torched by a cigarette started a small fire or something.

With the boom of the USA guys jumping on the yj train, I've seen the majority of items go from 30 to 50% more expensive for the same shit. Used to be able to get a nardi for 30-70 bucks all day everyday that's not a dumpster fire, now those ones are same price as buying them new.

Thanks America

start making shitty US MAGA style jegs and shit products the new jdm-tyte. start a new trend and pull the johnny-come-latelies away from bidding on shit they dont need.

The prices these superficial kids are willing to spend on rough ass parts on YAJ is asinine. Gotta do it for the IG clout I guess. Ganadors are cool and all, but nearing ~$1000 for a set of mirrors that are barely functional is fatuous.

Pretty much any aftermarket mirror is useless to boot. Lol 1k for dumpy mirrors. Just buy the gk tech reps

Another awesome time at the track in the book. This time I ran my body kit. This was a two day drift festival at the circuit in Tucson, Arizona. 

Cool drift event tech pass sticker:

46254686765_78dd0ae560_c.jpg

47168723751_400c8276ff_c.jpg

Camp

46445273574_53819c5797_c.jpg

I was going to bring a tent to camp in, but I decided to sleep in the backseat instead. Outside temps got down to about 30 degrees at night, but I stayed relatively warm. I'm 5'11" and sleeping in the back wasn't the worst place I've ever slept. 

47168723671_57b9fe598f_c.jpg

I got a lot of seat time and got to drive with my friends which is super rad.

46254686725_9b15e454d8_c.jpg

40203880933_378caa2979_c.jpg

47168714161_1edf84e1c0_c.jpg

46254687475_02f6d17ce1_c.jpg

47116775832_f272372558_c.jpg

47168713431_e5670b7f28_c.jpg

47168713771_712a5175c7_c.jpg

47168712141_6f5ed1584e_c.jpg40203880793_0b1b54eb1e_c.jpg

47116775162_47735aa6a5_c.jpg

That's all the photos I've seen so far. I hope more photographers end up posting their photos, but until then this is what I have. Pretty stoked to even have a couple photos.

Thanks fellas! I definitely enjoy driving it more than parking it.

So I got new wheels. Totally open to opinions. I don't hate it. I don't love it, but I am leaning more towards liking it and think it'll grow on me. Choosing wheel color is difficult on two-tone so I've found. I know 18's "look" better, but I don't like drifting with them on these cars. I did choose 17's to keep it more 90's and with the intent of lowering the car a little more. Idk. One day I'll get this right.

33312033458_82f36db3af_c.jpg

33312033568_b74eaafb3b_c.jpg

image.png.af9206fa4feacf6357ee29a103ca0eae.png

47135443022_69b87aca2e_c.jpg

33312034718_2fbaa38232_c.jpg

47135443072_c7c5e5fe68_c.jpg

Damn, looking very hot! Those are some great moving shots from your track day.

What were your tire measurements with the 18's on there, and what are they now?

As discussed previously in your thread, I would just be paranoid about my kit scraping if I dropped it lower on 17's.

Curious to see how it works for you

Those wheels look awesome on an X chassis and even better with your color combo 

i prefer the 18s, but thats me. 2 tone usually only allows silver/chrome/black otherwise it becomes too much. these gold look alright to me

with wheels and tires, i feel its always about extremes, good stretch or a short height has to be coupled with low low. with your modest height and kit, its always been my opinion kitted cars should have 18s to keep the height up and the clearance high. 17s i feel are a stock body or stock aero look due to usually having more ground clearance, so you can go lower with the 17s. i like 235/40 on 9inch 17s for stretch and width.  18s are tricky for tire size due to how odd a lot of the sizes end up fitting wheels. a 225/40/18 by 90% of manufacturers is way too tall imo. but its an available and affordable size. 215/35 is too rubber band, but for my car it sort of works? i still prefer more tire, maybe a 235/35 if those exist. chubby tires on 18s are also a weird look unless they tuck under the guards and dont go for a flush look...all very different. im also not super keen on 83 chassis and kits as they look so odd.

Thanks for the compliments Casey! Actually I’ve never had 18’s on my car. They’ve all been 17’s.

Right now I’m on a 215/45/17 which I have been running for a while. I want to use a 235/40/17, but I can’t seem to find cheap drift tires in that size.

Thanks Yosh! I was surprised because normally I don’t care for new wheel styles on old cars.

Battleaxe, I totally agree that 18’s help keep the ride height up and normally look better on kitted cars. I do plan to drop the front and extend the LCAs for some more camber and drop the rear slightly. Hopefully that will give me the look and fitment I need to pull off 17’s. If I can pull off 17’s I prefer them over 18’s. I know there are quite a few drift cars in Japan that are kitted and pull off 17’s well. Even A-Bo-Moon and drivers rock 17’s on BN Sport kits and you’d think they were 18’s. I want that. Lol

Thanks Nigel! I’m glad it’s not too much from one color palette.

Thanks for the advice guys!

So my M00NEYES dash mat came in. It's gray velour and it matches the gray velour interior very well. The color photographs pretty weird, but in person it's super cool. Fitment is spot on.

46354601005_23197ef0f2_c.jpg

47269109571_b10f77906b_c.jpg

46354601135_5a5ef0659c_c.jpg

47269109541_f8434e477e_c.jpg

47269109501_ef3ec41ddb_c.jpg

Oh, the cat is out the bag. I'm going Link G4+ Extreme. I have also ordered DW1000cc EV14 injectors, DW300+ 340LPH fuel pump, Radium fuel rail, FPR, Fuel Damper and some other supporting mods. I'm not chasing more power, I just want a safer setup that isn't maxing out my IDCs and the ability to be tuned I guess. I'm sure I can easily get 500+, I just want to keep the power I'm at (400-450whp). It's plenty fast as is.

46354600905_4782c2d585_c.jpg

I've heard really good things about the Link ECU's.  Apparently they're very user-friendly and not too difficult to tune with.

However, because they're not as big as AEM or others, I've heard it's quite a bit harder to find a tuner, especially one who is familiar with tuning VVT-i motors.

You are showing way more restraint than I ever would knowing that you could draw way more power out of your setup than you've chosen to.

I forgot to ask you a few pages back, are you running the Works 63mm short hub, or the standard hub? I bought the short hub because I wanted the steering wheel closer to the turn signals and wiper controls.

I asked the tuner I am going with (Tony @ UMS) which ECU he preferred I go with. I recall he used to SWEAR by AEM, but as of late, he has been pushing Link. He has mentioned that AEM has some bugs they have been trying to fix, but Link is very solid in the options they offer. So I'm going with what he recommends and it just so happens that Xcessive/Link/Panic came up with a basically PnP setup for the 2JZ that fits in the factory ECU box with factory plugs and retains all use of DBW, VVT-i and other things. All while eliminating MAF. Pretty sweet setup. I told my tuner this and he's all on board, so it's cool.

I'm running Works Bell hub 522. It's a 45mm boss.

awesome to see you made the right choice.

now...about that dash mat...tell me more