LUMBERZACK

Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

Yep, this was a big racket for me too.  Bought the reader, it would connect with my ECU and recognize the available parameters like fuel, knock, 02 etc but it would never provide any data.

not as annoying as you guys bitching about everything.

get a fucking standalone if you really want to see shit you dont understand.

I heard the Link ECU is great for retards.

Demesio is calling people retards, but clearly he's the one that has problems reading. hahaha

Oh, and Link is very easy to use.

My coworker said he used Audi B7 A4 2.0 4 banger Bosch knock sensors. They have a kit from ECU master that will allow you to read knock more accurately when you have a higher horsepower engine.  They use these sensors on a bunch of stuff.

Buy two of these:

https://ecumasterusa.com/collections/engine-management-sensors/products/whp-wideband-knock-sensor-kit?variant=8318137991229

Demesio feel free to bounce. Nobody is bitching except you and I don't see where anybody asked for your advice.

Thanks for the info Casey. I'll keep that in mind when I go standalone, but the car runs mint as is with the factory shit, so I'm satisfied.

Finally got around to driving a track that I've been itching to drive. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from me. The good thing about this track and its location is most kids aren't willing to make the drive, so the seat time is tremendous. It's basically as many laps as you can for 7 hours, which is much better than 10 laps in 5 hours at the other track closer to my house.

45847185764_3572af875c_c.jpg

I took my kit off for trailer loading and decided to keep them off in fear of damage during driving. Still looks okay.

46571038181_9effd3e6ff_c.jpg

46519061482_0a1f11fb80_c.jpg

44753229310_f6f1cfd5e9_c.jpg

46519061312_92cf150b32_c.jpg

I even connected a few corners.. I definitely see a lot of areas I want to improve and I think with another event or two at this track, I can see myself linking the entire course. I guess I didn't do to terribly for my first time on this circuit.

In-car videos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123773347@N08/45657006175/in/datetaken-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123773347@N08/46571043401/in/datetaken-public/

I saw a few media photographers on track this event, but haven't seen anything shared on social media. If any shots surface and they're any good, I'll post them.

I found one of the guys that was taking pictures. He got some rad shots of me. It really made me wish I had my body kit on, but just more motivation to get to another event. Still stoked I have some proof I slid this thing lol.

44776078410_d8d5f7b03d_c.jpg

32719671958_fa5b01b1d5_c.jpg

46593981841_93efe17d39_c.jpg

46593982161_1d583d6b9e_c.jpg

32719672678_189242b03b_c.jpg

32719672958_d96dc67a35_c.jpg

32719673668_54c1776497_c.jpg

Not much of a spectacular update, but I finally pulled the trigger on the authentic Works Bell quick release I've been drooling over for 3+ years. I could've cheap'd out like most and bought a NRG QR for instant satisfaction, but I'm way more into authenticity and quality. It was worth the wait, because this piece is an absolute unit. Just the difference between the quality of my previous no name hub and the Works Bell hub was next level.

45959643105_cdc8fb4fb6_c.jpg

45959643115_34a5c42f6d_c.jpg

46149194524_530bf9b5ae_c.jpg

46873877361_d12ae9edc8_c.jpg

46873877191_1162e041a0_c.jpg

31932721437_9ff03788ec_c.jpg

46873877341_8156cec13f_c.jpg

Even with the telescoping column all the way in and the Works Bell Short hub, the steering wheel is much closer to me. It's not uncomfortable, but definitely closer than I'm used to. I'm glad my wheel is a flat face, because a deep dish wheel would be in my chest. I'm loving it so far and the extra little bit of security is nice too.

I didn't. I rationally reasoned it to being quite unnecessary. What I would like to try is if the NRG and Works Bell QR can be used interchangeably or if the ball detents have a different pattern.

30 minutes ago, LUMBERZACK said:

I didn't. I rationally reasoned it to being quite unnecessary.

I bet the people who have had them come apart at speed thought the same thing.....

Never mind, I see you bought a quality unit.

Gordo, lol, the hub lock is a cover that goes on the QR hub when the steering wheel is off the car so someone can't put their steering wheel on the hub and drive off. hypothetically. I think it's more of a novelty than an actual theft deterrent lol

image_keylock_soucha.jpg

WB da best.  Ran a china hub once, stripped out my intermediate shaft =( never again.  
My dream QR is the sparco unit but just can't justify the price.  If someone is stealing my car (not gonna happen cause it's trash booty) it would most likely not be under it's own power anyways. 

I have a 'MARS' quick detach hub that I found in Japan 10-12 years ago, but never used it because of my Momo wheel needing 3 electrical contacts, not just 1.

i have a works bell QR and 2 china ones. theyre all the same, minus the china ones having both patterns and the works bell only having a nardi one. 300+ for WB vs 100 or less for china. still no play in them. peets sake

I guess you can sit at the same lunch table as the guy that told me Swift springs aren't worth the extra money because at the end of the day it's just coiled metal.

Metallurgy appears to be an overlooked concept in 2019. lol

I believe the alloy used, and the tolerances held is the issue with the chinesy ones.
One might take a beating, and another from the same slave labor camp may pop loose by hitting a hole in the pavement at the wrong angle.

Sitting at that table is nessesarily true...I buy a lot of really expensive bullshit. It's why I have 5 recaro buckets and 4 recaro reclinables...I'm blinded by quality items...but some stuff you can take a short cut with. I have no troubles telling ppl to be mindful of China stuff...it is safety after all. I just think the WB is over priced for what it is. As I said, I own an of one bought brand new.  Swift's are better than most springs, however I have heard of them breaking from fatigue with track use. I do not have sources for that comment but it is something I had thought about. I hate the china springs that cone on 90% of the coilovers out there. My tanabesl dds though have been my favourite coils so far. Kyb shocks with tanabe springs