LUMBERZACK

Mediocre at Cresst - now with nsfw autophilia

one day the sky will open up and none of it will matter. thats the thought that gets me through the day.

a friend of mine was in my s13 with me when we were waiting for his mum get out of the bank. some old fuck put his door into mine. i was like...the fuck....he didnt even register he did anything. my friend, one who takes no shit said, chris, hold up, i got this. proceeded to kick the absolute shit out of his door. his mum came out. we left. i was like....yo....that was sick. hes malaysian and his mum was typical old who cares. was a great day. i will do this if i am ever in my car and i see/hear this happen. i have zero tolerance for anyone fucking with my automobiles. dont care how shitty they are.

Holy shit that's great Chris. I feel fucking triggered on my own thread, these stories get my blood boiling. Encountering people like this makes being an asshole off the internet just as easy as it is being one on the internet.

I have yet to be in my car and witness a door ding happen, but I always make my presence known by initiating eye contact with the person as if they already dinged my door before they have a chance to open their door.

tumblr_inline_mxh5jn30mx1rxhymf.gif

I was fishing with a family friend when I was a little kid. The dude had just bought a Ferrari F430. Super humble guy, worked his way up from nothing and finally arrived where he wanted to be in life.

We went into the store for a few minutes to grab some tackle. When we got out, someone had keyed all four panels down the side of the car.

He didn't even get angry, he was just super sad. Looked like someone had kicked a puppy.

It was the first time he had brought the car out of the garage in a year and it had been vandalized within 20 minutes.

Yea, someone backed into the front of my 100 a month or two ago while it was parked...the damn thing wasn't even finished being built yet. Its pretty heartbreaking for sure.

Times like these I wish I didn't think of cars as more than just a piece of metal. takemyfeels.jpg

After seeing Casey's (BoristheCat) success with the SW20 MR2 sway bar, I decided to give it a go. I couldn't find one on eBay under $100, so I decided to join a local MR2 Facebook page and post a WTB ad. Local guy responded and I picked up this stock unit for $20.

27613748888_cae699a1d2_b.jpg

It's a 19mm which isn't necessarily thick on the spectrum of performance stabilizers, but anything is better than the repurposed brake line Toyota put on the Cressida..

40772101574_43bfca726b_b.jpg

Mocked up you can see how well it fits prior to modification. The sway bar falls directly over the endlink tab on the RCA. I marked where I wanted to make my cuts with painter's tape and went to town.
For the time being, I bored out the OEM Cressida bushings to the diameter of the MR2 stabilizer, but I will most likely buy some MR2 poly bushings later.

41485113351_b55b7771d2_b.jpg

41485112481_0cb271e0b4_b.jpg

41485113001_bee1762242_b.jpg

Having daily driven this car so often, I can notice the difference in the performance of the stiffer bar. It drives how I like. It eliminated a lot of the Cressida's prior tendency to understeer. It is still too early to give a full break down review, but for a budget stabilizer, would recommend.

Good shit! I haven't driven my cress since the 7m died a week after I bought the car. I'm excited to see how my car will handle after I've done all the suspension stuff to it.

Glad to hear that the sway bar makes a noticeable difference.

Still jealous of your paint job, those night shots look dope

damn i should of did my dash in red it looks rad

Thanks Casey! Yeah I'm hyped about the sway bar and glad I was able to get one locally so cheap. It's definitely a viable option. Thanks for figuring it out for the community. Too bad none of the new Cressida owners read these forums in fear of being roasted to hell.

Thanks Gibbs. I always liked the red cluster in my STi, so I felt partial to have the same in my Cressida.

Zack

The reason new cressida owners don't stick around is cause they are entitled whiney children.

Brian was talking about eliminating the intro requirement.

Says he has met really cool guys who are afraid to try to join here.

Seems like Bill said the same thing about schlimey, and we all know how that turned out...

I joined with the expectation that this group would be the devil's armpit based off many people's reviews. To be honest, as long as you're not a shlammie clone (typical 240sx owner), this forum is mild. Mostly because there isn't 10k active members ready to end your life and thread.

I can't take all the credit for the sway bar. Gordo posted a thread about the dimensions of the FD3 and SW20 bars several years ago.

I just took a gamble on a $40 sway bar and it ended up working out.

Just my opinion, but I would keep the intro requirement.

And I was just posting what I had read somewhere else...Probably on the old TC.net site.

Although I had one, or both of those, don't remember, they were not as large as the 280Z bar I found locally, so I went with that, and sold off the others.

SOUNDCLOUD

Car looking good my dude. Don't forget to apply your BN BODY sticker on slightly crooked. Did you always live in AZ I could have sworn you were in oregon or something?

Huh. Glad I glossed over the fact that you hadn't fit it, otherwise I might not have attempted it.

Never considered it would be an issue.

But then again, I own more hammers than anyone here, so I think a little differently than most members.