Sign in to follow this  
nojuan_here

Money pit build

X8?

They are all thin.....

You want to use them for drift hand brakes, take the brake material off, and re-shoo them with bronze sheet.

PS, stock rear calipers are lame.........

good luck finding a rear shoe kit

both the supras and cressidas shoes are real thin. does lockies like mad so why bother caring unless it doesnt hold the car anymore?

its fine.

also, currently the z32/stock is stopping the car good...but the rears are very ugly

Nah just using it as a parking brake. No drifting here. Agreed stock calipers are lame. But I thought about z32 tears but I wanted to keep my parking brake.

I have Z32 rear calipers, and the stock parking brake.

So I have no idea what you are talking about.

Wait, being a Cressida owner, it must mean you can't afford to put the Z32 calipers on.

I get it :)

isnt putting rear z32s on and losing the e brake a 240 thing? because i dont understand how losing the e brake with new calipers is even possible on a cressida.

The original Z32 caliper conversion brackets out of Japan, require rear disks from the JZX100 Tourer-V,

which don't match anything here.

One of the Lexus (IS300?) rotors match the disk diameter, but the parking brake drum is a little larger.

All one has to do to get around this problem, is to take your stock shoes to a place that relines brake shoes, and have thicker material put on, so it matches the Lexus drum diameter.

Damn kids these days, never ever had a set shoes relined,

not to mention buying the relining kits from someone like JC Whitney, and drilling out all the rivets in their old shoes, and peening over a shit load of new rivets.

What?

They used to rivet lining on brake shoes?

Yes Junior, just like clutches....

Damn kids.

Brian, you posted just to get my blood pressure up, right ?

My s13 with z32 rear setup still uses the stock z32 drum ebrake. It's mainly why I upgraded. I just made a bracket for the z32 ebrake lines. It is a mashup of parts and you both full assemblies to make one good one. S13 knuckle with z32 full drum setup with I think 2seater z32 lines..maybe 2+2? Calipers and rotors and lines..conversion lines as the z32 has a hard-line off the caliper to flex to hard-line again. I couldn't find the adapter bits to go from female invert flare to male opposite. Now that I think about it I may have another go and get new lines. Not sure if I glossed over it or actually didn't exist. I had the stock hard-line stuff so I made that work..Cressida uses the shortest hard-line ever in the front to use some z32 SS lines I had kicking about...I think this is why I did this instead of it not existing...fuck. getting old and forgetful

Yeah I saw something about the rotors and not having a US equivalent. Not that I can't afford it, I didn't want to go through the trouble of finding the right rotors and what not. Although I might just look into it in the future.

I didn't even know you could get shoes relined...

I've maybe replaced 4 sets of shoes in my life so far haha

Brian - I didn't do much research on the rear z32 caliper conversion. I needed to replace pads and rotors for quite some time so I didn't bother with z32 calipers for the time being.

Well I am officially unemployed at the moment. Quit my job at Acura. Going to Central America for a couple weeks and start my new job when I get back.

In the last few weeks I've gotten another daily for my new commute for my new job. A 2004 Honda Civic Si. Came with a total rice package when I got it. eBay build, coilovers, broken and leaking catback, knock off wheels, and billet rear lower control arms. Since I've gotten it I've replaced the catback with an HKS Hi-Power catback, Tein street basis coilovers, 17"Honda Factory Performance wheels. So much for just a "daily driver".

C1FtvAJ.jpg

Not that anyone cares.

As far as the JZ swap. It's going, slowly.

Got all new Toyota seals top to bottom. Had the head sent out to get cleaned up, new valve stem seals, etc.

New 2JZ water pump swap and modified LS400 fan clutch setup were ordered and still not on yet.

ARP head studs were installed when I got the head back.

Front sump swapped.

Also had the valve covers powder coated.

Mxqyghu.jpg

AdYSbvl.jpg

hsQydc2.jpg

wlkQdoT.jpg

When I took off the turbos I realized that it sucked taking them off and would hate to have to do it all over again. And as it stands I will go with a single turbo setup. Might as well. What's a couple more thousand dollars at this point?

Need to decide on which turbo to go with so I can order a manifold and whatnot. Might go with a Borg Warner. IDK what size yet, would like something that doesn't take an eternity to spool up and make boost. Something streetable. Borg Warner probably, seems like the rage nowadays.

You post Honda pictures here ??

Hope you die.......

But good mindset for owning a Cressida:

"I will go with a single turbo setup. Might as well. What's a couple more thousand dollars at this point?"

Guess you aren't so bad after all.........

I know. I know. But then how are you gonna get with my mom if I'm dead?

Gonna be a while before the 1J goes in. Gotta have some sort of backup vehicle for when the 7M blows again.

fuck, i love little honda civics. its my favourite car to drive because it always works and doesnt have problems.

i do however laugh at the unemployed, bought a new daily, then modded said daily now, yolo

Stay twins until you have it running. And by running I do mean with a proper LSD (torsen or pricey clutch pack) and all the rest of the car sorted aesthetically and such.

The cressida is a money pit no matter what you do, but keeping on the road, being enjoyed will keep you from spiraling into forever build status and self loathing. It's been done stupid many times and done well a few. Most people choose to have the best parts laying around and always driving something else.

ha, a lollerskate! there was a gay dad on my block that drove one. everyone in the neighborhood hated him.

I've already got a Torsen diff and 4.1 gears swapped in thanks to Gordo last summer.

Aesthetics over performance? Different strokes for different folks.

Self loathing? I've got plenty of that, the Cressida is just the cherry on top.

Gay dad? Must've been a diddler.

I did the pretty car shit on my first car...

performance is the way to go...

too bad you don't have a 2j... i have a full turbo kit to bolt on to the cressida hahaha

Welp... I'm still alive sadly.

I got a new job in March of 08. Left Acura and decided to make some real money. Fuck flag rate. Even as a master tech for Honda and Acura dealerships still don't want to pay shit, and they wonder why they can't find good techs to stick around. 

Anywho. Cressida is still 7M sadly. I had saved up a bunch of money from new job. Could've had the swap done by now but I got a double cab Tacoma and sold the Civic Si. And I purchased a house. 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage (all to myself no kids or gf and/or wife). 

rAEL2f0.jpg

EJ3AkBM.jpg

ICT43mF.jpg

Things done to the Cressida as of late... replaced rear portion of driveshaft, u-joint fucked up, also wore out the original diff mounts and the car squeeks when I let off the clutch due to rubber mounts being worn out. Have some replacement ones coming from XM. Sold the Work mesh wheels and got some cobra reps. Sprayed peppermint oil in engine compartment since I saw rat footprints in the engine bay last week. Replacing the steering rack soon as well, inner tie rods are worn out and the rack is leaking. 1J still sitting in my garage. Buying the house drained my account along with moving and initial home repairs. Now that I'm settled in my house I can start saving up and continue with my swap.

Congrats on the new home.

Need more shit in that garage, like spare 7Ms, and extra transmissions.

congrats!  house looks awesome.  i know those repairs all to well, my standalone purchase turned into a new water heater this weekend.