Sign in to follow this  
nojuan_here

Money pit build

About as fun as keeping a 7M running.......

you want another "clean" shell? i havent sold anything off the extra shit in my driveway and i already ripped out the interior for the racecar guy who wants to make the BHG run under it.

Ill take the shell off your hands if you still got it.

Nice progress so far. I like that you started with handling mods before swapping it. The 7M is plenty fun if you know how to drive. I would've kept mine if I didn't throw a rod.

That non-vvti 1jz for $800 would be a terrible deal here in AZ. To source what is missing you're looking at $200-300 easy. There is an importer local to me selling VVTi 1JZs for $900. I don't know why non-vvti is still more expensive than vvti, but the quicker turbo response and simplified turbo design of the VVTi 1JZ is superior imo.

The 7M is plenty fun if you know how to drive. I would've kept mine if I didn't throw a rod.

They all throw rods.......

Bad sump & oil pick-up design.

Only way to make them fun is major surgery on the sump.

Lumberzack- the prices of JZ motors has gone up. At least here in the DFW. A 1J vvti goes for 1500-1800 and the non vvti is even more. Then the importers in the area cant give me a consistent price either. One place priced out a 2J vvti for 1900 (out of stock that time), called back a couple weeks later to see if they had any come in their shipment. They quoted me 2300.

The guy that sold me the motor found the Soarer ecu and gave it to me.

Also traded my rear sump for a front one.

Found an ignitor and tp sensor for a hundred.

W series to JZ bellhousing and flywheel for 150.

Started hacking up the wiring harness too. Needs a lot of TLC. I think just looking at it I broke 2 ignition coil connectors. Yay.

Lumberzack- the prices of JZ motors has gone up. At least here in the DFW. A 1J vvti goes for 1500-1800 and the non vvti is even more

W series to JZ bellhousing and flywheel for 150.

Yay.

Yooooo I need a w to jz bell ! Are these common in your neck for this price? Vvti 1jz for 1500 is awesome...then again I have no idea what they are locally/Canada anymore. Last time I bought a motor set was like 05/06 for 2300 CDN or something

ignition coil clips on ebay for like $10 its worth it trust me

Battleass- I found my setup on facebook from some kid in Oregon. Just luck really on that buy. Just keep on eye on on the marketpace on facespace. Some good finds from time to time. Only reason I have facebook besides keeping in touch with my old marine buddies.

I saw those on ebay, was concerned about quality of those connectors at that price, too cheap to be true. Is that 10 for all six? Gonna have to take a second look.

yeah i bought them haven't had any problems with them

im not on fb marketplace places because its literal garbage non stop..guess ill have to...wish they had alerts like my local used space online when keywords pop up they message you. so im not looking at 800 neons for 2000 bucks

OE quality ignition coil plugs are like $0.1 in bulk so $10 is a pretty hefty markup for someone selling on ebay. you will be fine.

A faggot Miata only costs $122 in materials to build schlammie.

People build things for profit, just like your fuckerd up 6 into 5 turbo manifolds.

What do you think spark plugs cost to make ?

How about your purple dildo ?

Isn't there a under age boy's forum looking for you ?

Like facebook....

Thanks for adding value to the consideration.

If you could identify the connector, most all connectors are available through TE. buy 100@ $0.1 and sell them on ebay for $8.

Slimey, you should pull the dick out of your mouth, and invest the $100, and make $799 of profit.

As usual, you are too busy taking it up your ass, to actually contribute too this forum.

Speaking of taking it up the ass I went to pull the rear calipers off my shell (which to my surprise is still sitting in the back lot of the old dealership I worked at). Got to taking them apart this evening to send out to powdercoat to match my fronts. I got the pistons out. Looked inside the bore after cleaning it and...

Yt1q5tS.jpg

It's fucked. Waste of time. Gonna have to just order a pair of remanned ones and send those out.

Just clean it up with some abrasive paper.

The seal seals against the piston, not against the bore like an engine cylinder & piston.

This is true. Then again remanned ones are 40 a pop. I'll try cleaning them up with emory cloth and see what happens. I've trusted my life with sketchier things.

x8 calipers are crap. my last set looked like this.

I took gordo's advice, cleaned them up as best I could and sent them to my powder coat guy. Should have them back by the weekend. Unfortunately whoever packaged my order at rockauto fucked up my order. I only got one caliper rebuild kit, the wrong hardware (P/N is H5778 not H5578) and wrong guide pins (which is my own fault, orders pins for the fronts instead of rear). At least they sent me a freezer magnet this time.

Rear calipers are on. Stops luckily. I really should replace the parking shoes on them though, a little too thin for my taste. Soon.

zYnHK1U.jpg

zBOYnMR.jpg