Sign in to follow this  
Tbone

After market seats and seatbelts

So i'm putting in some new seats and Im just wondering what you guys who aren't running harness bars and belts are using.

The x8 factory seat belt receiver is connected to the factory seat rail.This is providing a challenge to switch over to my new seats rails.

Any suggestions or examples of what you guys have done would be appreciated

Flame on..... :hammer:

My solution for now is to find some toyota seat belt receiver ends that are longer than the stubby factory ones from the wrecker and use those.

No issue when I put seats in mine, my Bride rails had the required belt tab already welded to them.

Harness bar ?

Don't do it !

Look at the reasons why in XM's thread from when they come out with their multi-joint 'killer' bar, that they wisely took off the market.

And here is a one piece Sparco 'killer' bar - literally !

Yes, the drive of this car died, like dead !

SparcoBarfailure.jpg

And XM's bas idea...

CrapBar1.jpg

AT least do a proper 4-point cage out of 1/3/4" DOM.

Pretty cheap to have done. You can find dimensions in my build thread.

Thanks for the advice Gordon

No way in hell would I ever go with a harness bar

I think you should be able to unbolt the seatbelt receiver thing, at least that wast he case with my x7 stock seats. I just unbolted it and bolted it onto my bride sliders and I was good to go

I had one from a ae92 corolla or whatever was a similar year corolla. It had a 10" long stub with bolt hole that worked with the canadian seatbelt.

If you get seats with steel bar internal construction (with foam and fabric over) make sure to look at the welds. This is only if it's that type, like lots of sparco and bride seats like brix.

get a welder and put a longer tab on it and weld a nut to it, or, keep your factory stuff and make it bolted. i did that with the recaros in my x8...and all the other cars i put seats into. i also dont remember if the stock latch was on the chassis or on the seat rails i made. :/

welders fix everything

Sign in to follow this