Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

WTB X8 Heater valve assembly

you want a manual one? by that i mean one that is no longer actuated by the climate control but you can pop your hood and open/close it yourself depending on the conditions.

That might actually work. Then it just goes somewhere between the head and the heatercore right?

They are still available from the dealer. I just bought a new OEM one. It was around 90 bucks and a new one won't crack and fall apart a few months down the road.

There is a local guy who runs a garden hose valve on his Opel GT......

Looks really red-neck, but works.

I just used a garden hose valve to feed air to the post-maf intake on my chitty uplander so I could increase the long term fuel trim to put out the check engine light running on some new injectors that were too big lol. They can be useful. Redneck shit confirmed.

yeah... so you can easily do a manual valve or just actuate the one you have manually like im doing. even in texas where you see four seasons in a day sometimes you dont need to mess w it that often.

It's even more of a challenge when the ecu doesn't even like to stream data AND run the engine while driving. Gross.

This shit uplander van is teaching me new shit I don't even want to know. Today it was how to bypass the ultra gay ecu controlled A/C by forcing the compy clutch to kick on using an old 70's caprice low pressure thermostat switch wired to the clutch relay.

I mean is it really that big of a deal to not have one? Some cars always have heat running to the core, dont they?

I may have one around here because I had to go to one with different in/out configuration due to my ITB hopes/plans (aka wet dreams).

Pretty sure the x8 one gets insane hot on full open if running a jz motor. I remember just barely cracking the heat on chilly days and regretting it minutes later.

It's damn simple, there has to be other vehicles in a junkyard with something usable waiting to be harvested.

old camrys have the valve backwards... but you seem to be missing the bracket... the valve itself hast mounting holes on both sides...