Dustin

When it's halfway out........start to giggle

You can get massive injectors and it can run like stock. A friend of mine with a turbo 4ag had 4 1000cc ID injectors and was run on his megasquirt (ms2?) and it idled like stock

Yes, I had ID725's on my old car and it ran batch fire. It had good idle properties other than it wouldn't hold a steady stoich. Depending where you live, that's not good. We have sniffer emissions testing in Ontario and I would never have passed an e-test with it. The tune was really good but as you leaned it out towards 14.7:1 it wouldn't idle as well as flat 14:1. that was a 1.6L 4 cylinder.

^I have seen exactly that same issue with other batch fired injected cars.

If you plan on buying a stand alone, get one that allows you to do sequential injection and stop being such a cheap fucker.

Got the rest of the bushings out of the subframe. Now I need to order some 4" aluminum round bar. Gonna try to sand blast the subframe tomorrow. Then start the work for reinforcing it.

47_E2_F9_D1_D3_BC_430_D_8595_DD0_AF3537_

You can get massive injectors and it can run like stock. A friend of mine with a turbo 4ag had 4 1000cc ID injectors and was run on his megasquirt (ms2?) and it idled like stock

Especially the newer Bosch EV14.

Yes, I had ID725's on my old car and it ran batch fire. It had good idle properties other than it wouldn't hold a steady stoich. The tune was really good but as you leaned it out towards 14.7:1 it wouldn't idle as well as flat 14:1. that was a 1.6L 4 cylinder.

Slammie, like who the fuck tries to get steady stoich of 14-15:1 at idle ?

Have you ever put an A/F meter on a dead stock engine?

Every Toyota I've ever seen bounces around from 16 up to 20:1, but idle smooth as the tip of my dick.

14.7 is nice at a low throttle setting, cruising down the freeway, and that is about it.

You must have been doing something really wrong, or had cheap ass Chinese special injectors.

My car now has a wideband. it bounces around either side of 14.7 at idle once warm on stock ecu.

you have proven my point, while trying to be argumentetive. in batch fire the latest and greatest ev14 would not run lean on batch fire in low load zones. if I was able to lean it out more than 14:1 I would have.

Once up above 2krpm I could run the car in low load zones up to 16.5:1. The car drove well and had good fuel economy (better than stock fuel economy when I was able to drive like a normal) but it wasn't because of the idle cells.

Also proves you have no idea how to tune it.....

Actually batch fire injection poses problems of all sorts with large injectors.

Gordo, stop promoting cheap fuckery

I'll save you all the suspense, I don't give a shit about fuel economy and I'm not running large injectors. We've ran this standalone successfully on a 4 different motors with 2 of them being turbocharged inline 6 cylinder motors. There may be better ecu's, there may be better wheels, better tires, brakes, and a plethora of other items that I "could get" for my car. But I'm getting what I get. If you want different parts on it, go ahead and buy them and send them to me and I'll possibly consider it...........maybe..........but probably not. If you want to tell me you think what I'm doing is stupid, IDGAF, that's what you guys do here. I'm still going to build my shit the way I want regardless. If it becomes a problem, I'll address it then. Until then, feel free to fuck right off. Go build your two fuel tank, 12 injector, retarded as fuck set up and to the other, continue posting in everyone else's thread but don't build something yourself. Seriously, going 5 years back and you have nothing????? Why the fuck are you even around?

Stock starter was taking a shit since I first got it. No vehicle in the US running the same starter so couldn't get a replacement. Dropped it off and having it rebuilt instead. Ordered the 4" aluminum round bar and Rue is supposed to be getting me 2" stainless round bar. Also ordered 2" gussets. Gonna draw up the bushings this weekend on the puter. Hopefully have them done in a couple of weeks. Need to look through Gordo's build thread about how he reinforced his subframe. Gonna do pretty much the same shit.

Finished designing the bushings and sleeves. Now to try and knock them out this week.

Subframe to differential bushing and sleeve.

DB.png

DS.png

Subframe to chassis front bushing and sleeve

FB.png

FSB.png

Subframe to chassis rear bushing and sleeve.

RB.png

RBS.png

Not much progress. Money is always the limiting factor so Im trying to buy small shit here and there. Bought a V-band one week. ARP pressure plate bolts the next, bought an oil line last week. Probably gonna get a fitting I need this week. I have a bunch of small shit I need to keep getting so ever so slowly the list is getting smaller.

I want to see pictures of the Subaru engine carnage......

Picture of Subaru engine will be much later. That's gonna sit in the garage until JZ is done. Thought about fixing it first but don't want 2 projects at the same time.

trade you every cool x8 thing i have for the scion roller and rue's help wiring it for my engine.

I have a very large collection of hammers Chris, I'll pound out clearance in the hood for you.

if i could find a clean x8 hood i would teach myself composite layups to make good fg copies.

im pretty sure i still have a hood somewhere. I've thought about doing the same.

@ gordo i was thinking about cutting a hole and throwing a summit racing IROC camaro hood scoop on there.