Dustin

When it's halfway out........start to giggle

I was told I should run a 1J. I wanted a 2J. I'm a big boy and can make up my own mind so no one runs this orchestra but me. With as much money as I'm gonna spend on this car in the long run, and with as much money as I have already spent in just over a week, who fucking cares if I spend another $700 on a bigger motor. Again, if you wanted the car built how you wanted it, you shouldn't have sold it to me. Here's an idea though, how about you guys wait until I actually do something to the car before saying what I'm doing is retarded, because right now, I haven't really done shit. If you were to bust my balls for the lack of shit that has been done, I'd half ass understand, but to just say randomly, "Well it had a promising start, but....." or "If you run it on a base tune....." when I haven't done a fucking thing except fix the AC is just you guys wanting to run your cocksuckers so you feel like you know better. This isn't my first rodeo. Again, any time anyone wants to put their shit up against either of mine, I'm not scared.

It just drive me nuts that this is like the one place that logic escapes your brother.

Tell me more about how bad ass a Beams swap in the Mark II is going to be... make sure you keep stock management and the DBW throttle body... gonne make 180 WHP in a 3000 pound car...

You know how you make that setup fast??? Take it up in an airplane and push it out... it'll be sooooooo fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come talk to me about logic...

Keep hanging onto shit you built 8 years ago because that's all you have... seriously... when was the last time you actually built anything?

Last time I built anything it had 2 wheels and took ~2 months. Glad I'm not doing any of this nonsense y'alls are. Next up, performance unicycle builds.

Jason, what is the best stroke to run on a unicycle?

Do you plan on running a single speed, 5-speed, or 10-speed, and if the later two, what adaptor are you going to use?

Does XM make unicycle parts, or are you going to use cheap Chinese shit from eBay?

Best stroke is a one-stroke

ba1ldEYSQXaBiHLRjb4N_Weather%20Stroke.gi

only took a few days. OP comes in strong, hate starts because hes actually making moves.

I like how you're mad. What exactly is it you're mad about though? Last time I built something was like two years ago, and it ran really well actually for what it was. The downside was the aristo ecu limiting me at 6800 instead of 7200 which is what the 1j needed, but considering the only thing I spent money on was the turbo, can't complain about something I put together out of spares and then traded for two running cars. There's also the Supra, and the 2rz pickup inbuilt in the same time frame. Both ran like a champ. BEAMS swap in a MarkII would be exactly what I wanted. Cheap and reliable. Did I say it would be fast? Definitely not. I said it'd be fun and balanced. If I wanted fast I'd slap together a 1j. It's simple.

My whole point was, you're spending way more than it actually takes to meet your goals.

And yes Jordan, running around on a base tune can kill bearings. Ignition events can put strain on the bottom end if not spot on. Nobody in the fuckin world has killed two 1uz, and I'm pretty sure the only reason any regular person kills one is because they run it out of oil. So chances of two going without oil leaks is pretty fucking slim.

Let's talk about why you need a standalone for stock turbo power 1j vvti? What has that gotten you that the stock ecu doesn't? Where's the benefit in spending $2k to do the same thing as a 100 ecu does?

I like how you think I'm mad... I could give 2 shits. As usual... I'll ignore your opinions on what I'm building and I foresee Dustin doing the same.

I'm also not the puppet master here pulling Dustin's strings... I gave him recommendations... some he's listened to... some he hasn't... it's his shit to build and I'm just going to help with whatever he goes with.

The Supra... not yours... the 2RZ pickup... not yours.

The great advantage for me running a standalone is ditching all of the unnecessary bullshit... it runs my fans for me... tach adapter... shit you typically have to buy more components for that are built into one unit on my shitbox.

Ignition bullshit causing bearing failure is bullshit... more probable that the previous owner of the 1UZ I ended up with was like you in that they never changed their oil and beat the shit out of what they had thinking it was cool.

Realistically... I just have bad luck with motors. I've accepted it and didn't bother coming up with a bullshit reason like ignition blah blah blah... fucking retarded

i skipped the content and read all the sick burns.

did not leave disappointed.

i cant wait to fuck up my engine. at least those of you who have blown one had the balls to try instead of pushing your dick up inside of your body and taping it down like ive done since i paid someone to fuck up my car to where it would start and idle.

Bunch of parts delivered today so knocked some shit out.

Got my RHD clutch pedal, battery and battery box, and some plugs for shit I won't be using.

E7_FB213_E_AF6_F_40_FA_A7_A9_176_A438_A2

4061_F4_D2_DDE6_449_D_AC63_2603828_E3305

5_F67_BC09_3_F2_A_4_CFC_9_E6_D_712610_BB

Took off the extra portion of the throttle cable bracket for cruise control that I wont be using. Cleaned up the bracket and resprayed it black.

6_F53_E6_ED_ED2_E_442_A_8294_BC0300_FB50

D32_AF2_B7_00_B9_42_E2_BFE0_965_D7839_A0

B8_E8022_B_8_CE4_4143_AB7_A_388_EE0_F304

A4_C46168_8_A5_B_49_D9_AF09_02_ED884_F13

5_E0_D9104_5_C8_A_4500_9_C3_B_2_EE2_D2_E

Got all the parts for the power steering pump cleaned up and finished sanded the surfaces.

EA2_E4137_0_EDA_43_DF_9358_E5_E98_C36651

And the Koni inserts for my coilovers showed up as well but they weren't a simple bolt on affair. The diameter of the shaft on the Koni shock was larger than what the original JIC insert was so I had to do a little machine work to make shit work. Also the piece that locates the top hat onto the shock shaft and that the camber plate bearing pivots on were not the correct size so I made new ones. And finally the spacers for the front inserts that go between the top of the shock and the bottom of the strut insert retaining "gland nut" were too thin so I made new ones of them as well. Granted I probably could have just throw the shit together and it probably would have worked okay but having access to the machines I do, I wanted to make it nice so i did. Got home and put on the HKS springs that Gordo sent. Also got Xcessive RCA's today as well and put them on. I have to rebuild my rear calipers and get brake pads. Still haven't bought tires so as soon as I get them, gonna throw everything on my car so I'll have legit wheels, brakes and suspension on my car.

2_FB7497_F_6947_4_B11_8134_E34544264_F33

87_B63795_419_A_4729_8_B90_C822531_A2_F4

4732_D565_0557_4_D9_F_9_D64_BFEE6_E1579_

411_C60_A4_16_B6_40_D6_B80_F_0_BA0_A620_

833_AF3_C5_17_B1_4_E51_8_B2_C_7_D33_E558

8_AEC71_ED_1_A83_4_EB8_A053_EBAB9_EBC01_

83_B87_A82_598_A_4093_8_B63_36_FA8965205

Is this a replacement clutch pedal a company made or? Im asking because I have a shit mkII pedal in mine and an off the shelf replacement vs finding a MKIII in a junk yard (don't exist here) would be a better option

Hm, something from XM that I'm impressed with.....

weird it says RHD in title and at the bottom says for LHD..

"Toyota Cressida MX83 Clutch Pedal Mount with Pedal for RHD"

"Please note this pedal is made for LHD USDM cars."

so..which is it? or why not just say its for both?

I find that sometimes their product descriptions get lost in copy paste land. Best bet is to just give them a call to order, and cross your fingers they don't screw it up 3 times in a row ;)

tell me about it, i'll be placing an order soon.. about a month in advance just in case they jerk me around again.

im just going to look at the shit I have and make it "better" or worse several times until it gets better than what I thought and then forget entirely

Installed the coil overs last night. It was late and I wasn't paying attention and the height adjustment nuts are on incorrectly on the rears. Gotta take shit back apart and fix them. Front sits just a bit too low. Gonna raise it up another 1/2" and see how I like that. But it feels a million times better than the blown bull shit that was on there before.

181_FE14_E_9787_49_E6_B50_B_2_C07_C9_D6_

BFD0_E4_FB_3_B94_4847_B447_88_C883_CBA10

And got another delivery this morning from drift motion. Clutch and flywheel setup, 200 amp alternator, clutch line and clutch cylinder.

AF9799_F4_1351_40_F1_A68_C_18_B2_C4_F013

And my dumb ass ordered the wrong turbo so I had to send it back. The one I want is on backorder for at least a month. Waiting on it my turbo manifold and stand alone. I am out of money. So now I'll just be ordering all the other shit as I can. Selling off a couple things so I can order tires because I'm tired of looking at the ugly ass steelies.