Sign in to follow this  
Lame Sauce

X7 door lock issues

So I have been trying to trouble shoot a door lock issue I have. The door locks will unlock when you shut the door. Let me clarify, if I take my key out of the ignition and hit the door lock button. The doors lock. However. When I go to shut the door, if I am not holding up on the handle that (the one being shut) door will unlock. The passenger door has the same issue but the rear doors do not. I know it's not the anti lock you keys in the car safety thing. Because if I leave my keys in the ignition lock the doors and try and shut it. The electronic locks pop up. It has to be something in the latch mechanism but I don't know exactly what to look for. any advise? Other than kms

Let us know when you figure it out on your own.

You're fucking retarded.

I appreciate whore mouth correctly using the conjunction of you are. However shlammed, I can barely put together your sentence. So your comment is invalid.

Funny, I understood what he said perfectly.

Oh, and lame suck, don't even think about being an internet grammar expert here.

Things will go worse for you than they already are.

But really that's by design. You can arm your alarm if it still works by locking with the button and closing the door while holding the handle. All the x7s I've owned are like this and most Toyotas in general of the era

In other words, the op is a dumb ass.

I'm pretty sure this is standard op on every fucking Toyota up to 93.

Wrong. You're just stupid.

I'm pretty sure I know my car I owned and worked on for 5 years. I never not once had to old the handle up after pressing the door lock button.

In regard to Kyle's comment on standard up to 93, that's how it is on my x100 too (97). I don't get how this could even be worth making a post about...

Funny, the Lexus they don't do that. But I've never owned a Toyota newer than 92 that wasn't a Lexus. But yeah, either way..:

Dude seriously. My 88 x73 I didn't have to hold the handle when shutting the door. This 86 x72 I have to hold the handle. Now if it is just a difference in the year/model that is my mistake. I just didn't think two years would be that difference. It wasn't something I had to do on my last x7 so it caught me off guard. I thought something was wrong with the lock mechanism.

Just the first of many to come 'hold my hand' requests from lame suck....

So you're saying 88 is special? I think you'll find it's you that's "special"...