Lame Sauce

X72 powered BEAMS

I missed you guys not at all! You may remember me as 4drspra or faggot. Whatever works for me. So I just skipped the pleasantries of the newbie introduction since I been here before. This mx72 is my new cool whip and I will be doing some very un-cool things to it. Before I bore you to death or make you hate yourself for even knowing I existed or am executing such a full potato swap. Mark knows what's going on. He worked on my harness.

I will upload some pics and more info when I can convert some files. Or you can check it out on my instagrams @kennedytroubles

I too like to power aircraft carriers with speed boat engines

Wow, a swap to make a car slower...........

Are you doing anything to increase the Beems power, like maybe 2 BAR boost ?

photo-4130.jpg

Gordo remembers me, or he just likes my Ron Swanson meme.

No boost. Cams reground. ITBs. Bigger injectors. Stand alone. Header. Lightened clutch. Basic bitch stuff

So you will have about 20 hp more than a 5M, but about 50 less lb/ft of torque, in a 3500 lb car.

I see another mis-built X-chassis that I can out run with my '73 Datsun work truck.......

Good job !

Well I figure pulling the boat anchor 5m and auto box and replacing them with the other motor trans combo should free up a few hundred lbs. also the sxe10 is a heavy fucking car and the engine seems to do well in that. I'm not trying to build any sort of race car. I just wanted a unique daily.

Try a Briggs & Stratton engine.

shrinerferrarismall.jpg.560x0_q80_crop-s

Wait,

That may be too fast for you.........

People always use that "beams came in altezza" argument. Its a shitty argument. Altezza were slow as fuck. Beams are gutless. Have you driven a beams car?

Drove a beams altezza. It's not crazy fast but still fun car. Isn't there a 3sge in a chaser anyways. Advan gt300 car I believe

That's a bit of a reach. Chevy makes NASCAR motors but it's not the same as a cobalt is basically what point you are trying to make.

The point is, you have too big of a vehicle, and not enough pubes.

And cams are going to make it worse, by narrowing the power band.

How large are your itbs ??

Most likely they are too small.

And what rear end gear are you going to run with that small displacement, NA, with cams ?

Better be in the 4.56 to 4.88 range, or a smart car will out run you in an 1/8 mile, possibly a full quarter.

Add to that, you are trying to push the HMS Titanic (aerodynamically speaking) with an outboard, so you will have a top speed of what, 100mph ?

You will have something unique alright, a giant turd.

While you were away, did you attend University Dumb-shit ?

I fell on my head. Thank you very much.

The ITBs are 50mm off the blacktop 20v so they are larger than the silver top ones everyone usually runs. Also I am not caring what 1/8th mile or too speed will be. It's going to just be a daily driver to cruise around in. The rear end will probably be the last thing I do. I would like to track down an mk1 rear assembly but those are about as hard to find as kind words on this forum.

Black top itbs are NOT 50mm !

Will someone ban this guy !

ban-hammer.jpg

I mean... he can stay and learn the hard way. Question is. does he sell everything off before it runs or after?

I suppose you are actually referring to the throttle plate and not the opening where the stacks would bolt on. If that is the case the. Yeah you are right.

I could use the opening in the grill, since all air going into the engine enter the car first through that opening.....

'I have a single 600mm throttle body'

Sounds impressive to some dumb ass on facebook.

Of course I was talking about the throttle plates........

Lmao! You know it's gone out of hand when shlammed is talking down to someone mechanically!

I actually hope this build gets complete. It'll be slow as hell, but that beams engine will sound amazing being under that much load all the time.