AcidTrip

Kyle Anson's Cresshita Build Thread

drum brake doesn't work and sucks ass. hydro feels more natural and ergonomic, looks better and easier to use/service and works great everytime.

drum brakes are trash aids.

inb4stockhandbrakecuckssayhydrosarenotcool

disk brakes are master race.

Got drunk one night and decided to pull my drive train and start my chassis swap. #nomorecrumpledroofboiz1740391899_pulledthemotor.jpg.9c661e6a48f3f4dc0aaf586eb88546c7.jpg

Chassis strip of all parts including any and all parts as began officially.

1387107110_teardownbegan..jpg.856fa7b05f396dafe23cf252379a0573.jpg

Finished stripping the dumb bitch and sent it off to scrap to make ~$60 in scrap money.

1098504043_scrapyard.jpg.07154522bae0c860a1251c59326ddbdd.jpg

While the 1j was out I wanted to fix my shitty oil drain issue I had since the first time I did my swap.

Back story: When i swapped out my blown turbo the first time the brittle rubber oil drain hose cracked and would piss oil everywhere. So i found a local specialty hose company that sold me a ~4" section of hose to use. it was very rigid and would not bend like it should to drain properly and would cause oil to piss everywhere whenever i drove it. Turbo blew up again so I swapped in another turbo and forced the hose and ripped the drain flange off the oil pan and ruined my upper oil pan. so i swapped oil pans & called driftmotion and they told me a front sump soft line kit was impossible and they only sell rear sump kits. I said fuck you and made my own front sump soft line kit. Bought a billet turbo oil feed/drain flange turbo flange off ebay (only one i could find that was short enough to clear my Xcessive engine mounts) and an AN drain flange from some random AZ Performance company or something like that.  The picture shows a 90 degree fitting off the turbo. It's now a 45 degree one and to everyone that said 90 degree is bad, yes i know but the factory drain is a 90 degree; So suck my taint. I've driven a couple thousand miles on it with no issues. 

399286080_oildrainandfeed1.jpg.e40531fea2be33da977581a59dac32c7.jpg

410738213_oildrainandfeed2.jpg.74e6dea5a48c14ebdb95d4edb69b0e3c.jpg

Finished buying the rest of anything and everything Xcessive sells for X8's that I didn't already have.

(not shown rack bushings, tie rod ends they sell and other misc shit i cant remember)

Had the rear arms shortened by Xcessive more than their standard shortening, so I could achieve 0 camber or close to it and maintain a low ride height.

Also shout out to Matt Panic for helping me and pressing in my rear knuckle & RUCA bushings for me.

1058269507_stockpile.jpg.4d1bbf9ed65aba8b2f173645f0dcceb9.jpg

Shaved most of the bay & Painted my bay this super flakey deep purple and mounted in my drive train and buttoned up almost everything from the tranny back. 

1467502808_paintedbay.jpg.33739c20439d14d5e336b45a7174dff4.jpg

Then dropped it off to my boy to fab me up a j pipe delete (aka shitty intake heater) with flanges i make and sell, make a full 3" stainless exhaust, recirculated dump into my downpipe, intercooler piping a few other misc small ends and odds. I bought a Joes Aero BN rep kit. It is trash. 10/10 don't recommend and sold it a few weeks later. Also bought an old massive ETS intercooler that was meant for a 3G DSM and repurposed it for my X8.

1399350382_fabcity.jpg.410042cc64279a5d116c501b03eb7b3a.jpg

Picture of the fab work:

1446858690_customwork.jpg.dbe21950650c15ee5e7c27f6b577b2d6.jpg

Installed/test fitted all the goodies.

And it wont let me upload anymore pictures wtf do i do?

LoL ! Who did you sell the south of the boarder crap to ?
Are they going to sign up here now  ?

Pipes look good.

Sold it to a guy who rocks it now. Fitment was shit but looks decent from 10 ft away. Which is all i think he cares about. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and TY.

11 hours ago, LUMBERZACK said:

Drum ebrake doesn't make you look like a drifter. Every lazy drifter "needs" a hydro.

Does donut's once in parking lot, knows everything about drifting.

Although I have to disagree with Kyle in the fact that because your drums don't work the only solution is to hydro (the edrums are easy enough to adjust/re-pad, x8s even get projectMu pads.)

His point about ergonmics actually makes sense to me.  When your a man child and short as fuck like me you have sit close to reach the pedals.  Reaching off the wheel back at the OEM ebrake is is rather difficult and getting a good pull on it I basically have to lift my self out of the seat. 

I've never met a person who's installed a hydro and was like, wow oem where so much better! I'm gonna go back.  I think the most complaints I hear is that you don't have as much control to fluctuate the ebrakes with a hyrdo.  Just like changing the shoes/adjusting will solve loose as oem ones, all you have to do is change the master size and you will have more control over the pressure.  It's cool that moving it as close to your comfort zone as possible makes you lazy though. 

Don't knock it till you try it.   

But we'll be sure to hit you up for tips on best row to park at when attending cars n coffee ❤️

i hated using stock ebrake hydro just simplifies things makes driving more fun/easy for me

On 10/26/2018 at 5:02 PM, WhoreMouth_Jr said:

Don't knock it till you try it.   

But we'll be sure to hit you up for tips on best row to park at when attending cars n coffee ❤️

My thing about hydro is it's effortless to use, so you tend to use it more. That's what I mean by lazy. When I ride along with people that use hydro, they tend to rip the hydro 500 ft from the corner and just hold it, like iight.

stock ebrake is fucking awkward to pull so I generally try not to use it. That's my style tho. 

LOL only if you give me tips on how to take pictures of myself drifting while I'm driving so I can shitpost them everywhere.

Ya I can get with you there.  I'm not the biggest fan of ebrake entries anyway, mostly cause I don't really know how to do it haha.

Also I didn't notice how massive that IC was the first time I scrolled by it!

Cute corgi pic / part mock up

2mi2w5k.jpg

So my biggest problems I've experienced at the track was trying to keep cool and killing PS pumps. So in an attempt to help i installed a koyorad rad and fan shroud with 2, 14" electric fans and a 19 row koyorad PS cooler w/ 25% larger oversized PS pulley. Which feels like no power steering at all unless i'm high rpms. So far it works great if my janky wired up fans are working properly. i need to find someone to help me wire up my fans professionally. Also the JZX100 Koyo rad didnt line up with x8 holes on the bottom so i welded 2 new tabs on the bottom to suit an x8 and after that it fit like a glove.

2mgvy3a.jpg

tah1u8.jpg

Here's a pretty much finished up bay pic minus PS AN lines and cooler. I'm happy with it. Goal was to have a super flashy bay and not as flashy exterior color to contrast. Kind of like a freak in the sheets but business casual during the day to not attract alot of unwanted attention. Which doesn't really work because its loud and still flashy.

2yxm0p1.jpg

Finally found another pair of Koenigs off a instagram wheel page. Bought em and i wanted to rebuild em to something wide and stock body couldnt fit what i was wanting.  My goal was to try and achieve S chassis fitment on an X chassis.. 

2l7u42.jpg

So i bought S9 front and rear fenders.Funny story when the fenders arrived i set them on the lawn and drove over them with my truck on accident and that began my introductory to fiberglass work 101 class. LOL. I'm a fucking idiot. So i glassed them back together but they will look like ass till i sand the outside and fill the cracks. which i will be doing later.

2jcdp36.jpg

So i had all the suspension shit put in and eyeballed an alignment as good as i could. This was a pre-alignment picture. 

i wanted fender to lip fitment and 0 rear camber. Little did i know 0 camber combined with the s9 fenders which radius up ~1.5" higher gave me undesired fitment.

Maxed out the BC extreme lows and wasn't good enough. So i called up BC and ordered 1.5" shorter inserts from a 2006 sentra coilover kit.

(1.5" shorter would be p/n: 190-105-AR2-12.5-M12)

2crqeyw.jpg

Upgraded to Z32 fronts. Got everything brand new off rock auto for less than these Nissan part taxing drift guy cunts wanted for their old shitty Z32 parts.

f3fksi.jpg

Drove it for while with my spare wheels while i waited for my lips and barrels arrived from VR & Threepiece.us. P.s. Threepiece.us sucks cock and balls. fuck them.

1z5u0ph.jpg

I got tired of the ugly riveted on hood vent and wanted to take a stab at molding it in, So i jumped right in by cutting out a huge hole.

24pf02g.jpg

Then used fiber all to use like a glue between the fiberglass and hood then used self taper screws to keep the vent level and not wavey.

25ezlhd.jpg

Then used bondo to make it look like it belonged in the hood.

35mh7c5.jpg

It’s still dirty and covered in guide coat overspray & It’s just rattle can primered and a lil uncentered but im happy with my first attempt at doing something ive never done before.

nx98he.jpg

35izwvn.jpg

207qfkg.jpg

Lips and barrels came in after threepiece.us fucked up and my shit arrived a month late then when the arrived order was wrong then took them another 45 days to get me my correct order and then never drilled a hole for my valve stem. So they can suck my taint. My VR wheel shit came on time and right the first time. Assembled them and my holes didnt line up perfectly and had to rubber mallet and hammer some of the hardware in. #Thanksthreepieceyoudumbcucks

2hheqnr.jpg

Front: 18x9.5 (idk offset after rebuild) w/ 12mm spacer to clear Z32 calipers w/ 215/35/18 (~7 camber)

Rear is 18x11.5 (idk offset after rebuild) w/ 255/35/18 and i could fit a bigger tire, which i will do next time i need new ones. (.5 camber)

15gsciq.jpg

o0bd6w.jpg

2aj4cy0.jpg

Here's some cool action shots with a roller (roller was driving home from a drift event where i popped a tire and the tire did some fucky shit and shaved the lip on the fender so i gotta fix that now.

k529hg.jpg

ioko09.jpg

20l14kg.jpg

Shake down was successful and now it's back in my garage on jack stands, while i replace the rear wheel bearings that died and to prep for body work.

So i can paint it when i source a real BN kit.

And one last cool group X chassis pic from the event. There was one missing cuz his clutch  blew up. RIP

2ef6dtw.jpg

I NEED CENTER CAPS EVERYTIME I PLACE A BID ON YAHOO.JP I GET OUT BID. SO IF ANYONE CAN MACHINE ME CENTER CAPS I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER.

ILL EVEN PAY YOU. i had a friend make me a pair. i lost one and i only have one atm.

black with purple pearl.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:30 AM, WhoreMouth_Jr said:

Ya I can get with you there.  I'm not the biggest fan of ebrake entries anyway, mostly cause I don't really know how to do it haha.

Also I didn't notice how massive that IC was the first time I scrolled by it!

let me show you how i do.

yal a bunch of quitters with stock ebrake. location is stupid, but you can change that too, way less work than a stupid hydro. hydros do have their place for cars that do not have a working ebrake like miatas because they are actually the stupidest design, or cars that no longer have available parts.

that drain is pretty stupid by the pictures. i grabbed a stock RB drain iirc and then welded a -10 end on it and made a stumpy drain to the stock bit. im retarded, if i can do it, so can you.

🙃 doesnt matter. at least youre doing...something

car does look real good. like... real good

u right. lets source project mu  pads for like 250-300$ then install them then jam my hand into the shit ebrake location and then drop my driveline and tighten my cable every event.

Sounds like straight aids.

I have around the same amount invested in a hydro setup that works all the time and requires zero maintenance besides swapping pads which i probably will never do.

i have not touched my shoes in either the supra or the cressida and both have zero material left and both do flatties all the time. oem brakes from the 80s, including rotors.

i got oem shoes from toyota for around or under 100 bucks, cdn no less, so 20 bucks america.

you adjust the shoes by taking the caliper and rotor off, the hell you doing?

SmFh,

Millennials. I feel like a skitso reading this stuff. Some of it makes me screen Fuck yea, and other stuff I think "Jesus Christ why".

KA, I hope you don't stop, never quit on this car. I also want to punch you in the fukin face. 

Dunno if u addressed this, but watch for all the rain to accumulate below the vent and keep an eye on those coilpacks/plugs as they fill with water from these vents. You can make a tray inside so it flow forward to keep those plugs nice and dry

You are not dedicated enough to win center caps in Japan.

Stop bidding early, wait until 10 seconds before auction end, bid way higher than you have been, and keep bidding (most listing have an auto 5 minute auction extension) until you win.

Chris,

Just out of pure curiosity. What do you like and don't like?

I know you already don't like my "Ni**er pimp purple".

But i'm open to constructive criticism.

And i don't want to punch anyone in the face. ❤️