AcidTrip

Kyle Anson's Cresshita Build Thread

On 10/26/2018 at 12:33 PM, AcidTrip said:

Got drunk one night and decided to pull my drive train and start my chassis swap. #nomorecrumpledroofboiz1740391899_pulledthemotor.jpg.9c661e6a48f3f4dc0aaf586eb88546c7.jpg

Chassis strip of all parts including any and all parts as began officially.

1387107110_teardownbegan..jpg.856fa7b05f396dafe23cf252379a0573.jpg

Finished stripping the dumb bitch and sent it off to scrap to make ~$60 in scrap money.

1098504043_scrapyard.jpg.07154522bae0c860a1251c59326ddbdd.jpg

While the 1j was out I wanted to fix my shitty oil drain issue I had since the first time I did my swap.

Back story: When i swapped out my blown turbo the first time the brittle rubber oil drain hose cracked and would piss oil everywhere. So i found a local specialty hose company that sold me a ~4" section of hose to use. it was very rigid and would not bend like it should to drain properly and would cause oil to piss everywhere whenever i drove it. Turbo blew up again so I swapped in another turbo and forced the hose and ripped the drain flange off the oil pan and ruined my upper oil pan. so i swapped oil pans & called driftmotion and they told me a front sump soft line kit was impossible and they only sell rear sump kits. I said fuck you and made my own front sump soft line kit. Bought a billet turbo oil feed/drain flange turbo flange off ebay (only one i could find that was short enough to clear my Xcessive engine mounts) and an AN drain flange from some random AZ Performance company or something like that.  The picture shows a 90 degree fitting off the turbo. It's now a 45 degree one and to everyone that said 90 degree is bad, yes i know but the factory drain is a 90 degree; So suck my taint. I've driven a couple thousand miles on it with no issues. 

399286080_oildrainandfeed1.jpg.e40531fea2be33da977581a59dac32c7.jpg

410738213_oildrainandfeed2.jpg.74e6dea5a48c14ebdb95d4edb69b0e3c.jpg

Finished buying the rest of anything and everything Xcessive sells for X8's that I didn't already have.

(not shown rack bushings, tie rod ends they sell and other misc shit i cant remember)

Had the rear arms shortened by Xcessive more than their standard shortening, so I could achieve 0 camber or close to it and maintain a low ride height.

Also shout out to Matt Panic for helping me and pressing in my rear knuckle & RUCA bushings for me.

1058269507_stockpile.jpg.4d1bbf9ed65aba8b2f173645f0dcceb9.jpg

Shaved most of the bay & Painted my bay this super flakey deep purple and mounted in my drive train and buttoned up almost everything from the tranny back. 

1467502808_paintedbay.jpg.33739c20439d14d5e336b45a7174dff4.jpg

Then dropped it off to my boy to fab me up a j pipe delete (aka shitty intake heater) with flanges i make and sell, make a full 3" stainless exhaust, recirculated dump into my downpipe, intercooler piping a few other misc small ends and odds. I bought a Joes Aero BN rep kit. It is trash. 10/10 don't recommend and sold it a few weeks later. Also bought an old massive ETS intercooler that was meant for a 3G DSM and repurposed it for my X8.

1399350382_fabcity.jpg.410042cc64279a5d116c501b03eb7b3a.jpg

Requesting new high res shot of engine bay. It's my lock screen pic, but it is grainy for some reason. 

Want to see how bad, I mean how good the 45 degree fitting system is....

@Macintosh Classic here is an updated bay pic before the exterior of the car was painted & before my ps was hooked up.

48050333757_f11f9357b0_z.jpg

@Gordo  couple thousand miles and couple track weekends and no issues with it yet.

i dont think i will and if i do ill just go topmount and avoid all the aids fitment issues with bottom mount setups.

Thanks for the try but flickr won't let one download photos. Just text me a couple. That's the best transfer that I can think of unless your service makes photos lame during transfer. 

Currently in the middle of swapping over to an X7 rack.

Everyone says its the best shit since sliced bread, so i will find out for myself.

48062183948_f3b2c23e64_z.jpg

@LUMBERZACK i used an engine hoist to hold the engine up while i removed the subframe and swapped racks.

idk how else to do it? im not gunna pull the whole motor to do it. but good news i have power steering again and its nice. ive missed it.

With an engine support bar from someone like Jegs, Summit, or Eastwood.

https://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Engine-Support-Bar/5852744/10002/-1

Damn cell phone kids, you all walk around with those things stuck to your noses, and don't have a clue what exists in the real world.

It's impossible, never been done
KbQn3Vg.jpg

Bottom line, never, ever get under anything heavy that is supported by a hydraulic device.
A lot of people have died that way.

Don't care about you particularly, but the poor first responders that have to pull you out,
and family members that have to clean up the mess, after you have been scraped off the floor.

Meh, i like my way better. Was free and i didn't die. maybe i like flirting with death.

Not saying it's wrong, should have a few Jack stands under it or some wood. I still use a jack to jack a car up and then out stands under it with the jack still holding so if or when the jack gives way, I don't get crushed. It's an extra 5min of time to find stands and out them under. I have a ton of OEM Jack's I put under everything when I pull stuff or make stuff