Sign in to follow this  
battleaxe

X8 differential bearings

Currently doing my diff change to a kaaz to replace the stock LSD.

our systems here cant find the side bearings at all. got a kit for a toyota 4x4 with 8 inch diff and the bearing are all undersized oddly. any car i can cross reference it over? we have numbers but nothing is cross referencing.

its a factory 8inch, MKIII bearing work? or anyone have the SKF numbers?

the cressida parts just show pinion stuff

http://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=528245&ukey_make=1060&ukey_model=15433&modelYear=1990&ukey_category=21645

find what you need in the diagram in specific and click on the link for that part below. will tell you cross reference parts to other cars.

Sounds like you need 41301A in the diagram and it oddly says "front differential case". That fits a 98-07 land cruiser, 86-92 supra or an FRS.

i have a kit for a 8inch pick up from a 4x4 / 1 ton and it doesnt work. the issue currently is that they dont exist. MKIII turbo nes are "same" but also offer no availability. checked rock auto as well. going to call a diff shop here shortly. just trying to source locally as we are in the midst of the diff rebuild. looks like ill have to wait a few weeks to even get parts...

Mk3 takes the same, as does the IS300, as does the FRS,BRZ,FT86, or what ever they call that fucking half breed.

we couldnt find the part number that crossed over in any of the places we called. i think toyota may have a patent on it. called my local toyota dealer and they were 100 bucks ea. just over 200 for the pair after tax with my tiny discount. they will be here tomorrow morning.

the issue was after we tried the multiple chassis that use the same bearings, they didnt cross over to any bearing supply place.

so we looked up the dimensions of the bearings and tried to cross reference those, and came up with nothing.

i dont know why this was so difficult. still cant understand why the bearings for the truck were 5mm smaller for the same 8inch diff.

i should have clarified i had contacted toyota in the midst of things but they wanted 117cdn a bearing and it was in vancouver. that why i was trying to find it at one of our parts stores. pretty chapped that american toyota site lists them for 45 a piece and even with the hilarious 40 bucks shipping, its still cheaper...but then you convert our dollar, and pay duty at the border, its about the same and is a few days to a week away, especially with this time of year.

Rob bearings from an open diff.

Unfortunately some car manufactures have bearings made to their special size for no other reason than to be able to sell replacements for 10 times the cost.

and thats what we think. its used in soo many applications and just like elevators, is the "13th floor"

we also didnt have a small 2 jaw to pop my old ones off, the races had sligth pitting from sitting, might of had water in it, or maybe that was from the other day when cleaning..not sure. but extra parts for this chassis arent readily available here, and are probably in same or worse shape as mine. i hope to never touch this diff again..