^ spare steering wheel clamshell!

is it early or late model?

Fuck I was there again today.  I didn't think to check this.  It's a 91.  I could go back tomorrow if you want.  Shoot me a message. Do you have my #?

On 3/24/2021 at 11:56 AM, ChriSOL said:

^ spare steering wheel clamshell!

is it early or late model?

So I finally made the decision on an axle,  picked up an explorer 8.8 with 3.73 gears and positrac.  Today we were working to cut off all the old mounts and clean it up to get  ready to put on the new spring perches.  Just incase anyone was interested in if I am still working on it or not.

RVLcN18.jpeg

bZ0hxwM.jpeg

11D81rx.jpeg

5BLKSeR.jpeg

v2HqcHM.jpeg

If you talking about this one in Lafayette, the clamshell is busted. I got there in March and took the spindles, knuckles, oil pan, diff, and a few other things that I sold to some people in the FB cressida groups.

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-2LBoKTjwhcNBu.jpg

On 5/17/2021 at 10:32 PM, N.O. Drifter said:

If you talking about this one in Lafayette, the clamshell is busted. I got there in March and took the spindles, knuckles, oil pan, diff, and a few other things that I sold to some people in the FB cressida groups.

Yea fucker I got there and everything was there and I was pumped.  Went like two days later and you robbed everything 😂

I was gonna pull the front suspension and start figuring how I was gonna make it fit so I could 5-lug swap my wagon.  I was actually on the phone with Chris when I walked up and realized everything was suddenly gone. HA!  
I did snag him a radiator shroud and switches for the sunroof though.

Same thing happened to me about a week earlier when I went.  There was a perfect explorer axle.  Was going back the next day and someone had already nabbed it. 🤦‍♀️
I've learned my lesson in this yard. Go with all the tools because if I find whatever I might want I need to pull it that day.

I didn't really need to front suspension from the X8 anyway.  It would probably have just collected dust here.

fuck i need interior bits off of that car if its still there lol

I was just in there like three days ago.  But I didn't notice if it was there or not.  I walked right by that spot and it didn't stick out so I'm leaning towards no.

Edit: @Gibbs I just checked the site.  It says it's still there.  I might have time to stop by later.  But life is crazy busy.  What are you looking for?

i need the black surround around the cluster and a radio control bezel

On 5/26/2021 at 9:37 PM, bigtoepfer said:

Yea fucker I got there and everything was there and I was pumped.  Went like two days later and you robbed everything 😂

I was gonna pull the front suspension and start figuring how I was gonna make it fit so I could 5-lug swap my wagon.  I was actually on the phone with Chris when I walked up and realized everything was suddenly gone. HA!  
I did snag him a radiator shroud and switches for the sunroof though.

Same thing happened to me about a week earlier when I went.  There was a perfect explorer axle.  Was going back the next day and someone had already nabbed it. 🤦‍♀️
I've learned my lesson in this yard. Go with all the tools because if I find whatever I might want I need to pull it that day.

I didn't really need to front suspension from the X8 anyway.  It would probably have just collected dust here.

I brought two friends to help pull everything I wanted. One said no one's going to come get stuff from a Cressida and I told him that there is a Cressida guy not too far a way. Ha.

Also I grabbed the lower radiator shroud piece for a guy in FL.

I only grabbed the spindle and hub to have as a spare for the one day I actually have money to buy coilovers. 

On 5/31/2021 at 8:50 PM, N.O. Drifter said:

Also I grabbed the lower radiator shroud piece for a guy in FL.

I thought it was a bit odd that it was missing.  But also the engine was sitting way low so I through it might have been broken out.  I think Chris was saying he had one. So it worked out.

you going to the yard again anytime soon?

On 6/2/2021 at 7:54 PM, bigtoepfer said:

I thought it was a bit odd that it was missing.  But also the engine was sitting way low so I through it might have been broken out.  I think Chris was saying he had one. So it worked out.

I grabbed the oil pan for my 7m. Pulled the front subframe to get it out. Engine fell on front swaybar.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:41 PM, Gibbs said:

you going to the yard again anytime soon?

I'm gonna shoot you a text.  Definitely better that way if you need something on the quick.

hey dude, i wanted to say thanks for grabbing that stuff for me. i keep forgetting to get it from kyle but it doesnt change the fact that i appreciate you ❤️