On 7/22/2020 at 9:18 PM, Gordo said:

The rod from your peddle to master may be adjusted too long, not letting the lines to fully vent back to the master.

Interesting.  I'll have to check this out.

I took it to a mechanic who has done other work for me on the car and he suggested that the prop valve might gone.  So I've ordered and adjustable one from wilwood and we just delete it all together.  I'll talk to him tomorrow and check that out.  Thanks for this.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

i need burnout vids

I'm trying to get a good rear end at least lined up and ready to put in.  This is supposed to be my daily driver.   My rear end is already on its last legs and I don't want a burnout to be what totally puts it out of commission if I can finally start driving this POS after fixing the brakes.

So I either need a spacer for my master to keep it from constantly being slightly pressured up due to it being just that slightly out of spec from a factory master.  Or a new brake master.

I ordered a new brake master and it'll hopefully be fixed one way or the other by the first of September.  I need to be able to drive the car so I'm not having to leave my wife at home alone with a new baby and no car.

But just spent the last threeish days prepping for the hurricane double whammy.  Luckily the first one fizzled out.

I thought the car was small, but the roof swallows up and 8ft ladder.
bzb27gq.jpeg

Picked it up so I could clean the gutters and roof of the new house.  They clearly hadn't been done in 5+ years.
zxXJ50C.jpeg

Then yesterday they started offering sandbag pickup.  So went to go get sandbags for all the doors.
AHMRmg6.jpeg

I was actually surprised how well the suspension held up.   The rear shocks are only about 15 years old and only have about 20k miles on them.  But still have about an inch or so of travel.  Maybe more.  I've got 12 bags in it.

XPmC3bq.jpeg

Tucked in for the night expecting to have the first storm arrive last night.
Fm0kDE3.jpeg

Not much rain so far today. But according to the news its going to get wild Wednesday night with currently expecting a Strong Cat 3 and up to Cat 4 maybe by then.  There is a voluntary evacuation in effect for my area.  But talking to the neighbors this specific area hasn't flooded.  But the town itself floods.

If I wasn't having brake issues I'd load the family and the car up and we'd go visit Dallas or something.  But we gonna stay and chill instead. 

1st, are you out of adjustment on the master cylinder push rod ? Or maybe have the wrong push rod ?
Simple fix....
Never heard of anyone adding a master cylinder spacer to cure a push rod issue....

2nd, put the damn rear seat down and load the weight farther forward.
I can see the front is sitting higher due to all the weight being behind the rear axle.
Carried more weight than that in my '76 Corona wagon.

1. Only changed the master.  Didn't mess with the booster.  I did try adjusting the rod at the pedal last week a bit and see if it helped.  It might have helped a small abit.   I could try adjusting it out some more but I figured its just adding more slack to the brake pedal and not pulling the rod out.  I slightly loosened the master after a drive and I could hear it let the pressure off.  I've heard of other people making a small spacer/gasket for it.  Its obviously not the ideal solution though.

2. I traveled about 1.5 miles with the sand bags in.  Was much easier to just throw in the back.

God I love brick/stone houses. Wish there were more up here but probably not great for winters.

I was in Houston last year and went to the bayou area where my gramps lived, there were a ton of houses being jacked up 5 feet on concrete pylons as a result of Harvey. You surviving down there?

I too love a good brick house. There are a ton of brick houses in Toronto, and it gets a solid winter? I always thought it was more due to availability of building materials in the region (at least back in the day). 

On 8/27/2020 at 11:00 AM, Urrik said:

You surviving down there?

Yes sir.  No power for almost two days.  But a buddy let me borrow a small generator to power the fridge.  So we saved all the stuff in it.  Power is back now though. 

No real damage on the house to speak of.  The worst of the storm was about 50 miles west of here.  Lots of tornadoes around me.  We are definitely blessed though because the storm surge wasn't what they said it would be.  So that was good for everyone here, and over there.  All the rivers and bayous around here are still high though.   They called for three days of rain after the storm but we've only had one so that's good too.

I've always found housing materials interesting in various locations.  Especially finishing materials.

Thats good tho, nothing crazy like the motor boats in the street.  Last one that made it up here a couple weeks back I was able to save my fridge and run one of the ACs with the generator. By the time the storm makes it up here its pussy shit compared to the gulf coast, but people still lose their minds when a tornado actually touches down.

I had always thought the thermal properties of stone/masonry would be bad for winter, but the materials based on region does make more sense. Up here its nothing but trees so it's all wood houses, boring colonial style shit, faux log cabins etc.  They say part of the "rustic charm" of New England is the endless trees lining the sides of, and often times overhanging, the roads.  But that also means the fucking power lines, so if a hurricane makes its way up here like it did a couple weeks ago you're losing power

Lot's of ancient oak trees here have been uprooted in this storm.  Which is crazy because they've made it through some big storms.  But everyone was saying this was the worst storm to hit Louisiana maybe ever.  Some of the damage I've seen is spectacular.  Mind blowing stuff.  We are blessed.  Honestly if I'd known it would be this bad I would never have stayed here with my wife and kid.

On the bright side the brake issue was sorted on wednesday.  1/8" steel plate now between the brake master and the booster and no more brake issues.  Still dialing in the pedal because it was super sloppy at first of course.  But it's so nice to be able to drive it finally.  Drove it to work Thursday and Friday.  Feels good man.  Although I really wonder how long my rear end has for this world.  Because I can feel the passenger side axle wobbling and pretty sure it's getting worse.  I really need to source what I'm gonna use to replace it before I grenade it.  

I don't really want to go with a ford explorer rear end. I'd prefer a toyota pickup rear, or MK1 Supra, maybe even S-10.  But I need to figure something out quick like.  

I'd like to be able to take it and the family for a road trip for thanks giving.

glad to hear yall survived and its driving.

you could be even cooler/dumber and find a way to stuff an irs under it.

rue has something going on with his x7 and i have a spare x8 rear that i found to be workable under the x3.

i think the biggest prob would be locating the upper perches for the rear shock/springs but using coilovers gives you an additional couple inches of room to play with.   probably have to cut your wheel arches out to accommodate the additional ~4” of track plus cool wheels in the rear though. with irs you can just dial in hella neg camber and you cant do that w a solid axle. 

well not really: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/cambered-rear-ends/5680/page1/

lloyds x3 used that x6 rear end i think.

kTuYBmj.jpg

@ChriSOL Here is an interior shot of an MX36 with X6 rear end installed.  Justin recently raffled off the car I'm not sure who has it now.  But it was the relatively famous one recently with the gold focus racing wheels on it.  I was sad to see him sell it, but on to bigger and better things I suppose.  And yea, Lloyd is using X6 rear end as well.

So another hurricane on the way and this one is actually pointed directly at me.  Looks like the eye could possibly pass 10 or so miles from my house.  It's scheduled to be Cat3 or worse.  This time we are evacuating.  The wagon seems to be running well enough so we are headed out to Houston.

10 hours later we were in Houston.  A drive that normally takes 3 hours.  2J was solid the whole way.

K36yjmQ.jpg

its because his trip played out like the scene from national lampoons vacation and they stopped in the wrong neighborhood in houston w the family truckster and got their shit robbed