Sign in to follow this  
wesleyx62

cutting down and welding a w58 shift linkage to match mk3 housing.

has anyone here cut down and welded a mk4 shift linkage to match the mk3 housing location? or does anyone on here want to sell a mk3 shift linkage?14947694_1286865821353031_8166584508376315037311_1286866018019678_84345397568998

What are you willing to pay for the Mk3 set ?

Want a C's shifter side with that order ?

Had anyone here ever had to use a measuring device, cutting tools, and a welder?!

Looks the same as knuckles but with more measuring and less eyeballing. Faggot.

isnt this cast? hmm ive been told that it shouldnt be welded. if its weldable i can fab that up no problem. was told its bad to weld on cast stuff like this. heard you have to oven heat the pieces prior to welding and you shouldnt weld it with a mig set up.

Make sure you post pictures.

We all get a kick out of butt fucked shifters.

Can fab and have to ask about this shit? Sure bud. Fuck sake, every cunt with a welder sells extended 154 linkages. Shit I'm off my ass drunk and I could do that and I don't fab for shit. Ask your boyfriend to pose in pics of your dicked shifter, then have him do it over for you.

I've been daily driving my 5 minute knuckles for probably 8 months now? And it was the literal second time I'd used a mig. Nothin a Miller mig welding machine and a decent beer can't fix. Sounds like you repeatedly keep falling into the same hole (you being here in JZXP) it's like watching Helen Keller walk across a gopher farm with no blind person stick.

Hahaha. 8 versions and i finally bought a rad one. But i have extended the r154 shifters too. Nothing to it really.

forgot to post pics/ update but all i did was cut it down and line it up. added a small tack weld and then heated both pieces until they were glowing. braised it all back together and then welded two flat pieces of steel to top and bottom. work perfectly and shifts flawlessly i replaced both bushings at the same time and the lower plastic bushing cracked when trying to slip it over the ball (even with lube). anyone know why?

Original shifter, or some out of spec. chinese pos ?

Or did you try doing it in the cold......?

isnt this cast?was told its bad to weld on cast stuff like this.

All metal is cast, think about it. Cast IRON however, is a name for high carbon iron, which is hard to weld but not impossible. Cast aluminum can be harder to weld due to small impurities and bubbles. Preheat is only needed for thick metal. Im glad you figured it out, otherwise I'd have to tell you to fuck off.

Actually..

Fuck off.