BoristheCat

Sleeper MX83 build

Can't help it lol. The wheels were bought after my Russian frp fiasco. 

In other news, I got the Lexus running today after the full teardown and rebuild. Now I can focus on the cressida again

ye @LUMBERZACK is right. i have s9 front fenders. i like them. they look cool. but i can fit the same wheel and tire as i could before with stock rolled n pulled metal.

i think the ideal way to go for more width upfront would be stock metal with like those nice custom ls400 metal flares you weld on and mold to look real nice.

something similiar to these ulterior motives flares: https://www.umshop-store.com/product/ls400-rear

Hm, first steel flares I've seen that actually have a 3D formed outer lip & mount surface.
Everything I've seen lately has just been flat steel sheet cut in a crescent, that the installer would have to do all the forming.

Will take someone experienced with welding sheet metal, as it will want to pull as the weld cools.

Alright, things have happened.

Imported GX81 Mark II fenders.  Put them on to look at the differences between the X83 fenders.

I remember looking at a thread Brian posted in a long time ago explaining how he molded the front of his fenders to fit his chaser corner lights.  I plan on doing something similar. I'm gonna chop the front of the Mark II fenders and weld the corner light section onto the back two thirds of my USDM cressida fenders.

As you can tell in the pics below, the rear portion of the Mark II fenders don't fit at all. The corner is way off, the body line is way off, and the door hits the edge of the fender.

CVtc762l.jpg

PQ6CI90l.jpg

yfAkV7Wl.jpg

Another thing I didn't anticipate is the Mark II fenders and hood are taller than the X83 hood and fenders. If I use the rear portion of the USDM fenders and the Mark II hood that I'm eventually going to get, from either the russian con-man or the one I'll import, the hood will be taller where it meets the windshield. The body lines aren't gonna work period I don't think.

You can't tell very easily in this pic, but there is a height difference in the rear of the hood.

uJgfvpVl.jpg

I'm thinking my chopping will go something like this:

1sDO2NQl.jpg

However I do it, it's a pain in the ass. I'm scared to chop shit up after spending too much money importing these damn things.  Such is life.

I smashed mine with a hammer near the door and clearanced it for the door.  But I put the whole front clip on.  I planned to do the 1/4 cut of the fenders and never got around to it.  I just drove it instead.  In hindsight I'd never do it again.  But then that was 10 years ago and JDMTyte was the thing.  Now I'd just buy a JZX81.  All I ever really wanted was the fender indicators and the projector foglights from the Mark II hard top.  Now a days I like the other front ends more.

i have his old front end JzxGibbs