BoristheCat

Sleeper MX83 build

I'll probably just craigslist a Toyota seat with the same bracket spacing. 

Oh yeah, and I need a quick release... and a driveshaft... and I'm gonna go with those ctsv brakes... 

At least my tax return is coming though. I'll do seats last I guess

Ive always loved those seats. From the front the look subtle and classy and the backs are super flashy and wild. They're the mullets of seats.

Haha yeah, that's exactly why I like them. At first I was going to get a pair of yellow kevlar gias with the gradient fabric on the cushions, but it was too much going on at once.

Like you said, this is more subtle. The black will go well with a lot more than the gradient fabric. 

I also think the stradias are a more appropriate choice for a street car since the seat bolsters aren't as ridiculously tall compared to the gias

You bet they are. Zach referred me to the guy. There's ways to tell and after doing a bunch of research, I felt confident buying these things

slick as. ive wanted to try the gias as i like the idea of a reclineable (sp?) bucket

I sit with a really aggressive Detroit lean. I got rid of my Camry a few years ago and I miss being able to slouch low. A fixed seat for a street car like mine doesn't make much sense. 

Plus more adjustability is always nice

Ahhh yes, those are rad! The guy seems really legit and he always posts his customer's reviews and they are all solid. Nice score man, I love the fabric on my Bride Japan.

Thanks Zach.

Yeah, he's really communicative.  I'm really impressed with how professional he is. 

Glad to hear you like them.  Mine just shipped this morning, and I can't wait to get them.  I'm super antsy to fit them in my car.

I bought some RO rails for the seats along with a works bell hub, hub release, flipper and steering wheel lock, all of which should show up within the next week or so.

Decided to get all my stuff from RHDJapan in one big order, since shipping was pretty steep at $200.

Was that the UsedRacingParts guy on IG?  If so I bought my seat from him sold purchase/dude.  Prices are on the higher side but he seems to get rarer stuff that I can't seem to find online. (litterally been looking for a matching seat since, and nothing)

God Damn Casey, balling out I see! First matching Brides, then full WB setup?! Tax season must've been good to you. lol ;)

Yeah Jordan that guy

Lol yeah.  Life is short, and I'm antsy to get this car done.  I should be doing big boy stuff like saving for a house, but I'm being irresponsible and just dumping money into toys.

I've just eclipsed the 27k mark on this car so far.  Still have at least another 6k to go :(

If I was smart, I would stop counting, but no one believes me when I say building a car will be expensive.

I'll just bust out my excel spreadsheet of all that I've spent and cry over it with whoever I'm showing it to

I remember a IG seat seller who was buying up everything and charging quad the prices of many. The shipping to Canada on seats is pretty steep as it is...then battle over who's got the bigger dick for the actual seat. Lost some blue srd recaros over some dickhead went for like 1200 😕 before any shipping or conversions. Such is life. I really wouldn't want to count what I have just in stuff. Depends if u pay full pop too and if paying shops to do any work. Can't imagine 26k...us...to be where you're at currently

Ha, I have half that in just my engine.........a 7M....
Don't let anyone tell you that drug use when your young doesn't fuck your brain up!

Lol in your case Gordo, I absolutely believe that. You better get that car done before you croak of natural causes

I have probably pretty close to that into mine and I definitely don't hate the car. I have way too much fun driving it.

That is reassuring.

Some smaller details that I forgot to elaborate on...

I had to chop up the core support a little bit to move the radiator forward. This made sure that the stupid transmission choice of mine would line up in the stock location.

I have about an inch of clearance between the water pump pulley gear and the radiator overflow tank.

uWOub4Nl.jpg

I also fitted some seatbelts from a 90 corolla. They bolt into the stock location of the bullshit auto seatbelts. I know someone who can sew the stock seatbelts to the clip that plugs into the seatbelt receiver.

UiPMesCl.jpg

I unplugged my autobelts in the B pillar position, but the thing that sucks about them is on low seats, the shoulder belt is basically under your chin lol.

Can you guys just switch to the Canadian spec seatbelts? Or would that require switching a ton of trim, etc?

As Nigel said, there's no provisions in the USDM B-Pillar to mount any of the Canadian spec seat belt system. Sad truths. 

I'm sure a mounting point could be welded into the pillar, but it would have nowhere near the structural integrity of what it should.