BoristheCat

Sleeper MX83 build

Gordo, I buy everything through Milspecwiring.com.

They are a division of MoTeC USA.  I have nothing but good things to say about them.  All their products are really high quality and U.S made. Great tech support.

They are pricey and shipping is usually ground and is kind of expensive. 

If you need OEM contacts/terminals, I buy all of them through cycleterminal.com

Hell yeah Casey, that's where I get all my wiring and OEM connectors from too. I hear ya on spending $4k on wiring, all that shit adds up quick, but it looks so much better when done right.

Recently I've been using eastern beaver to get some Japanese OEM (Yazaki, Sumitomo) connectors and terminals that Joe at CycleTerminal doesn't carry.
Might I add they come quickly directly from Japan. Ran by some old American that married a Japanese woman and slangs connectors on the webs. Definitely worth a look.

Corsa-technic has affordable connectors/terminals too.

4K on wiring?! what milspec bullshit are you two into?

I need to open my own online wiring store and sell to retards like you🤦‍♂️

Doesn't sound like the shop you'd open would carry any of the good shit us retards are into if you're surprised how someone could spend $4k on wiring lol.

^^this.  Yeah, I bought a like $500 worth of crimp tools from Eastern Beaver.

I have been really happy with them too, I've ordered from them several times and their EMS shipping has been super fast and cheap.

And yall are gonna be mad, but I can't stand most of your guys electrical routing and hose routing.  Don't be butthurt.  It does work, yes.  But damn, it could be done so much cleaner in a lot of instances.

Take what Demesio says with a grain of salt, he barely knows how to operate a pair of crimpers ;)

3 hours ago, BoristheCat said:

And yall are gonna be mad, but I can't stand most of your guys electrical routing and hose routing.  Don't be butthurt.

47 minutes ago, WhoreMouth_Jr said:

Take what Demesio says with a grain of salt, he barely knows how to operate a pair of crimpers ;)

giphy.gif       giphy.gif

giphy.gif       giphy.gif

that was just to sabotage your build... we only fixed it because we knew your axles were going to shit the bed anyways...😉

if only i had feelings you could hurt😁

😘😘 

And Gordo he talking about my wiring haha, it still needs a lot of work.  It's on the winter list this year 

Wasn't shitting on WhoreMouth's wiring, his is halfway decent and actually has quality parts. Maybe just needs a little more of a tuck, but it looks pretty good

If talking about my shitty wiring, I'm right there with you.

What hoses are you talking about?

I'm not even crapping on anyone in particular, it's just that I see people routing vacuum lines all sloppylike over the valve cover, or power steering lines all over the place, etc. 

Just tuck shit and fiberglass sleeve it for god sakes. 

Finished pinning the connectors.

Everything aside from the fat starter wire goes through these things. Happy with how they turned out.

UCW5DU8l.jpg

yam3Ittl.jpg

Crappily sitting against the firewall after being plugged in

P0DZCgOl.jpg

Going hunting for the rest of the weekend.  I'll finish the socket side in the next few days hopefully.

Hope you are going to put the strain reliefs on those connectors.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:40 PM, BoristheCat said:

vacuum lines all sloppylike over the valve cover

Fuck you that’s just temporary! Lol

On 11/23/2018 at 10:25 PM, Gordo said:

Hope you are going to put the strain reliefs on those connectors.

Funny you mention it, I bought two backshells that match, but they only thread on one turn or so before they start to pull at the rubber grommet. Milspecwiring.com doesn't sell the connector backshell with the 90 degree strain relief, so I'm stuck without. 

However, I have enough slack in my wires, so I should be able to form the wires in a way to avoid any stress.

Haha Zack, it's not just you, or just people on this forum. I see vacuum lines, oil lines etc. strewn all over the engine bay from fuccboi YouTubers, in car build articles, you name it. Don't feel bad lol