BoristheCat

Sleeper MX83 build

Yep, found a good pair that fit after measuring the pitch on both the metal feed line and the caliper inlet.

Not that hard to figure out. Couldn't tell you for sure, I think they were goodridge for an MKIII supra, but I dont remember.

I'm curious about the CTS-V brakes. I'm thinking of ordering the adapters and getting the 4-piston CTS-V calipers, but one thing I was wondering is if the brake bias and piston area compliment correctly for the Cressida's factory brake setup.

See this article:

https://blog.racetechnologies.com/2015/04/28/can-i-used-calipers-off-of-xxx-and-place-it-on-my-xxx/

Zach, I'm almost positive the brake bias will be totally dicked. I'm sure I'll have to get a portioning valve to dial in my brakes if I go with the six piston fronts.

You might be OK with the four piston fronts though

I have the 300zx 4-piston currently and they seem to be okay. If I go CTS-V 4-piston, it would be purely for cosmetic preference. I'll have to look more into the brake bias and piston area of the brakes and see if it's dickered much.

I have the 300zx 4-piston currently and they seem to be okay. If I go CTS-V 4-piston, it would be purely for cosmetic preference. I'll have to look more into the brake bias and piston area of the brakes and see if it's dickered much.

I've got some Cadillac ATS brembo calipers, there the ones the FRS guys are running with STi rotors, I can measure dimensions for whatever you need from them. From looking at a bunch of rotor specs I think the rotors that will possibly fit the best on a mx83 are from 2009-14 Hyundai Genesis 3.8, 330mm x 30mm same bolt pattern bigger hub hole so a centering ring can be fitted. Only thing I need to figure out is if the ID of the rotor hat will fit over our hubs, it looks like it might be close.

Uhhh... why would anyone do that when a kit already exists that uses a Nissan 350z rotor with the CTS-V front calipers? All the work is already done bud.

Do more lurking/googling

Do more lurking/googling

Or just do more, less worrying about it what if.

Get the parts, figure it out.

I never went asking questions on any forum when I started playing larger, then larger, then larger brakes.

Just did it.

Why are we having all these hand holding posts lately ?

It's almost like being over on SupraForums......

Ok, big progress everybody.

For the first time since I was six years old, I have my own garage. It's a little over 450 square feet.

I also picked up this thing for 2500.

p7fdGALl.jpg

It's already sitting on BC's front and rear, and has JDM front and rear bumpers. Also came with SSR's all the way around. I still need to wash it though. One of the SSR's has a pretty messed up lip, so hopefully I can get a new barrel for it. I like the look of the SSR's.

Bodywise it's pretty straight, aside from a somewhat pushed in left front fender. Just needs a new fuel pump and battery to run. I'll take more pics if anyone actually gives a shit about this car.

It sure turns heads though. Saw a bunch of people whip their heads around to stare at it from the short distance I had it towed to the new place.

Resisting the urge to blacktop swap it before I finish the cress. I'm planning on towing the cress to my new place within the next couple weeks hopefully.

Congratulations on the corolla find! That is a good deal considering the wheels,coilovers,and overall seemingly decent condition.Not to mention the rarity.

Those thing fetch 5k cad here in Vancouver BC.

Congrats on the garage space to man!

that car would be listed for 9k here Tore, who you kidding. 5k would be a clapped out sr5 with zero mods, maybe rewinds

Yea these things are in demand. I've seen dudes drive up from Cali for 86s that are super janky.

Judging by the responses in this thread, people are interested. I'll take more pics after I wash and vacuum it, hopefully today. I'm still in the middle of moving, so hopefully I'll find a few hours to clean it up a little.

I'm thinking progress on my x8 will go pretty fast now that I'm not driving all over hell and back to work on it every time.

Oh, and most people who I tell about my Cressida end up shitting on it. Thought it would be different when it came to the 86, but no. Oh well. Don't know why I was surprised.

All that matters is that I enjoy my cars, right?

fuuuck corollas! hahaha hence why i am selling it.

who wants an old janky ass car that is constantly falling apart and gets shaky in a breeze.

The Cressida is so good that's why I have two!

I'm going to see how much I like this car. If I'm not too into it, I'll flip it. I really want a car that I can drop a 20v into.

I could get an aw11 and blacktop swap it without too much difficulty, but if I was going to go the MR2 route I would prefer an SW20.

I'll see how attached I get to this car and then make a decision.

Lofty, if you are serious about your interest in this car, your second on the list. A coworker wants it and he is already willing to pay more than 3. If he bails, you're next in line

This just in... I'm pretty attached to this car.

Easy as fuk to work on compared to the cress. Now I understand the following behind these cars.

I'm realizing I got the deal of the century with this 86. It should be drivable within the next week. The only thing that needs work is the electrical and the normal rotted out rubber pieces.

To recap, I have:

BC coilovers

JDM front and rear bumpers

4 Longchamp wheels

Two wantanabes

Functioning LED tail lights

Front and rear strut bars

And a pretty clean chassis.

I made out like a bandit heehee :)

Pics are soon to follow

Only want to see pictures after a 2JZ is stuffed into it......

If I wanted to see 4-poppers, I'd be on one of those forums.

Kinda what I figured Gordo.

Finally finished moving all my car/garage/motorcycle stuff to the new place.  Having a garage is so damn nice.  It's great to not be laying in a puddle in 40 degree weather to build a car.

A coworker was nice enough to tow my car to my new place.  Getting the china wheels back on it and seeing it sitting on the ground gave me more motivation.

KbZ9yvNl.jpg

Cut the large lump out of the firewall to fit the rear turbo pipe.  Before everyone gets upset about how janky this plate looks, be patient.  I'll finish welding it all the way around once my engine is back out.  The overlapping stuff will eventually be ground flush to a butt weld and will be blended in.  I had to trim my condenser box that sits in between my blower motor and heater core, but I'll cover the cut back up with a plastic sheet or something.

6DxAi3yl.jpg

cS3YquLl.jpg

I bought what will hopefully be the last bit of my wiring for this car.  Bought two Milspec connectors for my firewall, which I will install before I remove my engine.  That should all be here before this weekend.

Finally more progress on this build, but I see you're going deeper into it. Don't fall into the pigeon hole of, "well, while I'm here....I might as well..." Then you have a three year Creesida build you never drove. lol Either way nice work, I hate that fucking bump when I had the stock twins. No issue with single lol.

Lol Zack I live my life in that pidgeon hole.

My engine bay is stripped, might as well fill every damn hole and smooth the firewall down.

My entire dash is removed, might as well remove all the extra wiring in my harness while I'm here.

The list goes on...

I have more welding to do on the trans tunnel, so I might as well weld any other crap I need at the same time

one thing I wish I did was reshape the bellhousing opening for the trans tunnel. It would be nice to have more clearance around that area so that it is easier to get a socket and wrench up above the trans to access the bellhousing bolts.

Yeah I hear you there.  Kinda sucks dealing with it, but oh well.  If I wasn't keeping my heater core, I would ditch it and chop the tunnel a little more to make more room. 

I think it's been a little over two years since I bought the car.  I would rather take an extra six months to a year to get it exactly the way I want it as opposed to getting it done sooner, but still having stuff bother me that I wish I had addressed previously. 

If it ends up being a three year build that I can't drive, so be it.