BoristheCat

Sleeper MX83 build

You will have to notch the left hood brace to clear the cap of an IS300 Koyo.

RadClear1.jpg

RadClear3.jpg

Just a little less than I did :)

Yep, Whoremouth already made me aware. I plan on just putting a little bit of peanut butter or something on the edge of the radiator cap, then lowering the hood onto it to make a mark on the hood, which I will then cut.

My stock MX83 radiator brackets didn't fit very well at all. They were too short and didn't fit the IS300 radiator.

Bought IS300 brackets which solved my predicament.

NpAPO04l.jpg

9UEt3i8l.jpg

In answer to Zach's question, the stock hose fits reasonably well, but not perfectly with the overflow reservoir. I'm still going to roll with it, but maybe trim the reservoir lip a tiny bit.

D8lc2xZl.jpg

Engine cranks and runs rough for a few seconds, then dies.

I'm positive it has to do with my ETCS-i crap. I reset my ATPS, which didn't help. I need to troubleshoot my TPS and ATPS

you probably didnt feed power to the maf... check voltage there... literately everyone fucks that up..

Will do. I'm pretty sure I did that, but I'll check it. Thanks man. I'm a little burnt out on the car, I might take a break for a week or two.

Front turbo is leaking oil something fierce, I'm not real thrilled about it. Hopefully the seals aren't toast. I don't have the energy or patience to put work into the stock turbos.

Just another reason to go big single I guess.

Yep. I'm sure I did it correctly then. +B terminal feeds the MAF, and then sensor ground goes to the ECU, not grounded out to chassis or negative battery terminal. I'll mess with it soon.

People I owe beer to:

Battleaxe

Demesio

Demesio was correct in assuming it was something with the MAF. I had crossed the pins. Pin 1 was where 5 was supposed to be and vice versa, pin 2 was where 4 was supposed to be, etc.

Uncrossed the pins and she fired right up.

The rattling in the vid is the tail section of the transmission not being bolted down, the exhaust guard is rattling on the muffler, and the mounts aren't bolted down all the way.

But shit, I have a running 2JZ in my car.

https://youtu.be/rLxBFKIo_ig

IS300 fan shroud looks like it fits decently. It seems routing the upper hose over the reservoir is the only option. How close is the reservoir to the timing cover? Basically touching? lol

Yeah, it's touching. Nothing is constricted though, it looks like it's going to fit just fine.

The stock lower Aristo hose is a little too large to fit snugly over the lower radiator bracket. Nonetheless, I'll just crank down on the clamp and hopefully that will do it.

They make rubber reducer bushings for adapting larger hoses to smaller barbs.

But they are expensive, like maybe $5....So maybe out of the range of the Broke-Ass Cressida Club :unsure:

i juts went to our local car parts store with some measurements and bought new hoses so it would fit nice. i had one hose i just cut the end down and it fit my rad and neck perfect. i dont remember what i did for a lower hose, but the top was new and fits oem

I found a hose at O'Reilly's that I used for my lower coolant hose that had the same bends and reduced from 1.5" at the pump to 1.25" at the radiator. I forgot what vehicle it was for, but it was definitely American and it fits spot on.

So, since you half assed it,

and didn't record the part number for future reference, or to post up here where others could use it,

your assignment, to become a member in good standing again, is to go back, and find it again.

Fuck you Gordo. I went through all the pictures on my phone and computer back to 2016 to see if I snagged a picture of the hose or receipt. Couldnt find it.

Went to OReillys to see if they had the info on my file...Nothing. Spent 45 minutes searching OReillys hose stock to find the one. Nothing.

Went to my parents house looking through plastic bags around my garage looking for a OReillys receipt. Nothing.

By chance, remembering there was a plastic bag in my old bedroom, I go to the closet, find a Home Depot bag...WITH THE FUCKING OREILLYS RECEIPT FROM 06/11/2016!

Once again, fuck you Gordo, but thank you.

Part number for lower coolant hose is GAT 21609.

Ha, wrote a long reply, and forgot to hit the post button.......

Basically, you went above & beyond the call of JZ duty!

Just because I'm so proud that I found the receipt, in mint condition mind you...

28409604127_be1c4cbd9e_b.jpg

Sorry for shitposting Casey. Your thread may resume.

Is there a taco list, or a bratwurst list ?

How does one get on such a list ?