TheDonBastard

wonderwoman buys an outfit she doesn't fit into

So Japan finally lit a fire under my girls ass to want start spending more on her is. We got it about a year an a half ago for 4K factory 5 speed 01 vertex rep kit, figs vip arm kit and Megan coils. I dailied it while she learned to drive it since then it's been her daily. How it sat when we got it 5785BDAA-E964-4980-A0C6-FB44D34DC3C0_zpsje36hfmj.jpg

How it sits now

A82C10D9-455F-4002-A43F-79A1018EF35C_zpsvej4hozd.jpg

Really not that different haha just cleaned up around the edges got a steering wheel and hub for it got a b&m short shifter and a rear lip and exhaust just drove it. Cut to afte Japan my girl Taylor finally said fuck it and ordered this which came yesterday. E09A0AD4-D9FF-472C-85E4-B9220298FBE4_zpsqtkcjb0v.jpg

Jzx110 1jzvvti got it for 1200 shipped with auto ecu harness and ecu. I know there's a couple guys with 1j is300s on here Austin I think you used a jzx100 though yea? As far as my knowledge on the swap goes I should be good to used my oem IS harness and oem IS ecu with a piggy back, I believe motor mounts will work fine as is on the 1j and also pan should be okay because same subframe as jzx110 yea?

Also this is completely funded by my girlfriend and everything bought is explained to her and she makes the decision on styles and what she wants I just do the leg work lol.

Also found these fenders she really likes so she's about order these and I'm in debt to her about 700 so I'm going to order our Bn kit. Just gonna do the mbn. Here's the fenders fronts are forsure there 45mm over, rears we're still up in the air I really like them reminds me of jzx100 overs

77BD67AD-2821-429E-AFD4-D5B47C8F7334_zpsnw1uh9uq.png

C44C36A8-D3D2-4260-B62D-9CD354B8F4B1_zpseboinijf.png

As far as wheels d1 really made me love mono blocks again so I'm thinking some t7rs or cr kiwami she really likes the cr 2 piece though which id never be against but I do want to stay away from dish wheels I feel like there becoming too much the fad nowadays.

Maybe mark can chime in with some wiring advice I'm sure you know the jzx110 into the is

Jesus christ dude. 5 fucking separate posts? MERGED. You know you can just edit the first one when you think of something else and no one has replied....

Where do i buy A set of those rear overs?

You're about to have issues. That stock ecu and piggy is THE DUMBEST SHIT EVER. You can't piggy those ecus properly: they are not dumb ecus, they'll act up over time. You done fucked up.

Tbone I guess the molds got fucked, says in October he's redoing the molds again so it will be a bit on rears. Go to noonefresher just google it its team minty freshs website they have the fenders ect for sale on the site. Kyle but get this, my buddy just did this exact swap on his 03 used jzx110 is harness and ecu with a safc NOW the weirdest part is his safc took a shit (it was barely touched in the get go so no real tune was changed) but now his car runs better then ever with a broken safc and the stock is ecu he seems to think it just "learned" how to run the 1j but I think there's no way that's possible

But Kyle long run is aem so it won't have to work for long but I also hear about repinning the body harness swapping immobilizers and running the 1j ecu

If you have a non-immobilizer gte ecu, then there's no problem. Wire it the way it's supposed to be wired, swap around body plugs and go.

your friend is an idiot. Seriously.

I believe it is an immobilizer ecu but I hear you can swap immobilizer chips from stock is ecu to the 1j ecu then at that point id just have to repin the body plug portion of the stock harness plug in and go using stock harness 1j ecu and all functions should work then yea?

im just really wanting to know why and how his is running so good on what seems like a broken safc and stock is300 ecu he literally daily drives it

everyone on JZXProject is an idiot. Seriously.

Wow. I usually research more before i spend money on an engine. I cant help you with this tbh.

What do you mean, I did research, it's a less favorable motor but it seems wiring is a lot simpler using is300 harness ect

Hey. So uobd2.net changed its domain name, but I'm sure you can figure out what it is now since I can't remember, then you should buy the techstream cable that's like 40 shipped with the mini cd loaded with the software. I bet it works to be able to program keys on that jobd2 ecu after you get the immobilizer figured out. If you can just desolder/solder that portion of the ecu, then fuck it, go for it, and get the shit going. I'd use the gte ecu. It should be easy fucking peasy to wire. You don't need the bs aem for your gf. Mark says he likes the 161 ecus. Guessing the 110/171 should be similar. Also betting you. An find a non immobilizer ecu cheap.

But if your friend wants to know what's going on, get that techstream. Read live data, can even log shit. I use mine like every week at work. Best $40 I ever spent

Word and you think I could program keys with it? That'd be cool. I gotta ask Mark if he's able to swap the chips I'd just send them out to him if so or if you see this Mark. Word il tell him to get it because I'm super curious as to why or what's going on haha

I've programmed keys with mine. Just not sure how it'll work on the jdm ecu, but it should since its Toyota. Iirc there's a global market setting in setup

Theres a dude in russia that bypasses toyota imobos. Only cost like 200 or something

I could go on Facebook and tell you all sorts of shit and then come back here and tell you the opposite shit here. If you're going by what others have said they've done, I'd tread lightly

From what I saw on forums researching this shit for the vvti uz car we have, I saw the stateside dude wanted ~700 dollars for the service. This dude in russia charges ~150 for any ECU that isn't 3uz + 50 to ship it back, it cost us roughly 60 dollars to ship it to him. The total process from time we dropped it off at fedex until the time I had it in my hand again was ~2-2.5 weeks and ~$260 dollars later. Dude does like a dozen a week, If you are interested I can link you his facebook group and you can get in contact with him.

I can show you what the inside of the ecu looks like, and it's a little more than just "swapping the chips" There is a new hardware board inside, as well as some software flash he does, I believe he has a new software only version(same price), but I just went with the tried and true version.

No I know I know. I take everything I read very opposing and play devils advocate constantly. I read something then will spend relentless hours making sure it is true or not or at lest pointing me in the right direction. But whoremouth yea if you don't mind that'd be awesome

So he's just bypassing it as if it was an ecu without an immob. Right? I don't send him both and he transfers.