TheDonBastard

wonderwoman buys an outfit she doesn't fit into

Chris,

You just burned some images into my tired brain, that I really didn't want.......

Found more info on the immob chip. It really is a simple procedure I guess just needs skillful hands

473D6AAC-8B7B-4FBC-B14C-67000AA10E53_zps

9FCBF2DA-DDD9-49E0-A775-8261BB657959_zps

So thus far I believe this is my plan. Flame at will because I'm sure I'm wrong and stupid and a disgrace to all things jz.... Now then, using 1j motor harness drop motor in, 1j harness to 1j ecu. Then I need 01 body plugs that plug into the ecu, and then I need to take the body plugs off the 2j harness put them on the 1j harness so I can plug that into those connectors next to the ecu. as long as all goes according to plan on the immob shit then this should work? I'm thinking.

Found more info on the immob chip. It really is a simple procedure I guess just needs skillful hands

How much is it worth to you to have it done ?

That looks like it's pretty simple to do. Any computer repair/cell phone repair place should be able to hook you up.

Man it'd be really cool to try to get a manual ecu for one of those things. I live in obd2 regulated county. Shit wouldn't let me have that and I'm not a fan of illegal stickers. If I didn't, I'd have had a jzx100 powered one a long time ago

A manual 171/110 ecu? To do what not show any codes? And yea that's what iv been told but I have to make sure I can verify the right chip and placement to tell them. And I also Got my thinking wrong before. I was thinking I need the 01 plugs that go from body to ecu but if the 2j harness plugs in okay then those should too? So I have everything I need just need to swap immobs and verify/ repin

What do they regulate in "an obd2 regulated county"? My jzx100 is not OBD2...

Has to pass obd2 emissions, which would be plug and scan for obd2 monitor ready status bs

And not for the no codes thing, but for the more aggressive tune. Or get that Russians auto sim box, bet it'd work

Ahh okay I see yea that would be cool, did they ever make factory manual 110s? So even with everything plug and play and what not the obd2 won't ever read normal? I can get around emissions easy enough we have a few county's 50 miles south that are free and I just use buddies address out there. Would be cool if it could pas though

nah no way without running stock ecu, which is gonna run like shit compared to stock gte ecu

There are a few stand alones out on the market that offer obd2 can buss features. Not sure if that would solve the problem kyle, but it's a possible option.

Do those standalones run monitor systems for each federally mandated system up to a certain number of said systems? Either way they're not fed approved so I'm sure it's illegal if getting caught. Really the biggest issue is it'd always have an ocv code that I can think of off the top of my head

No clue. I have never looked to see what exact information is gathered at an emissions test facility.

Up here, at our DEQ stations, if your car doesn't have a CEL, you will pass the tests. I have literally cleared a code in the parking lot before running a car through to pass.

In ny, the cars ecu needs to check up on "set monitors", that include things like.

Catalytic, 02 sensor. 02 sensor heater, evap and a few other things. The newer the car, the more monitors it has avaliable. You can no just clear the cel.

new cars suck. you can fit a ton of processing power into a computer the size of a credit card now though. if someone had the basic skill and patience to translate that shit and create a total sim program that allows you to run the engine however you want and still have full function from your accessories, gauges etc... and be able to pass a sniffer you would probably get killed by the government and have your shit totally disappeared like the dude that invented the 100+mpg carburetor.

This got me interested in my laws here in Denver I knew they changed, but look I'm still good in the 02 luckily and anything older. 404A643A-2581-49F7-8E41-92AF1D2A19AB_zps

If Colorado can just fucking chill and leave the rules alone for awhile. I doubt il own a car newer then 05 and if so I doubt I'd mod it enough for it to matter. There making it harder to flip cars and shit too which is my bread and butter.

if someone had the basic skill and patience to translate that shit and create a total sim program that allows you to run the engine however you want and still have full function from your accessories, gauges etc... and be able to pass a sniffer you would probably get killed by the government and have your shit totally disappeared like the dude that invented the 100+mpg carburetor.

If you buy a GM car, they don't sell you the ECU, it stays in their ownership, and if you dick with it, you get what ?

Sued?

Have it confiscated ?

A wet team sent out to cap your ass ?

And Chris, stop believing in urban myths, or I'll sent chupacabra up your way.

chupacabra.jpg

Our shit is like disco's. You clear the code, the monitor won't be ready, it won't pass. Monitors must be set. You get a pass for like 1 on newer cars, and 2 on early obd2 cars.

That's fucked up. I hate obd2 emissions bull shit regs.

Guy was able to get his 2j in his x7 to pass but putting on a fresh cat and dialed his safc to run the car a little lean. He said the inspector said the car passed the sniffer better than if the car was new.

I don't believe he told them it was a swapped engine......