Sign in to follow this  
shlammed

WTB: X8 *DRIVER* RUCA.

Rear Upper Control Arm is loosey goosey on my car.

anyone have a clean, tight *driver* side Ruca?

Thanks,

M

Stop being a bitch and make some

That's an option actually.

but stock is what im looking for.

Good link Gordo.... im thinking that getting it from Japan is kind of silly? shipping rates would be nuts, no? could send inquiry to streeter I guess... I haven't used them before, so im not sure what to expect.

mike, thanks... I was on something when I made the thread. I actually need the driver side arm.

Yeah, your the kind of dummy that would buy something through streeter......

I've used other services before. but I don't think they are doing many small parts anymore.

I just noticed one of the boxes I was given with the car had streeter tags on it and checked out their site. are they awful?

I think he's a con-artist.

He tries to sell fucking chinese headers on Yahoo-JP for like 6 times what they sell for on eBay.

I've seen him under bid on items, that buyers gave him a set amount to bid, just so he could increase his profit margin, then lie to them about why he didn't win the item for them.

Had to go look that streeter buy up in email. That was the torsen output shafts. Didn't even remember buying those through Streeter.

Most of these guys get bad reps eventually. Like that Luke Huxham guy who would sell parts he SAW in japan junkyards, then go try to find the part and give the runaround when the shit wasn't there.

Meanwhile I've ACTUALLY spent at least 3-5k through jesse and never had a single problem. He's even bid out of hours and on weekends for me.

But then again you can go around and spread miss information like you have been recently. Like how r154s "shift like shit" when you haven't run on in this millennium (if ever?). When would you go to yaj to buy chinese parts that you can buy on ebay. I'm pretty sure his target market isn't stateside for those.

Meanwhile rue has also used him to buy a whole intake manifold just so he could have him grab the (correct) throttle bracket off of it and dispose of the rest. But keep holding that grudge cause he wouldn't ship that hood for you because his storage was full of parts that people haven't payed for.

I have always had good experiences with him...I'm always shocked how cheap his fees are...I wouldn't get out of bed to haul around and package parts for what he charges, that is for sure.

No problems, I can believe that, but at what cost ?

Not holding a grudge, a lot of people that I still use refused to ship it.

Just what I've observed......

Personally, I think anyone selling chinese shit is a scam artist, and those making huge profits doing it doubly so.

But that's just me.

Make up your own mind Matt, see what Buyee wants for commission, and then see if Mr. Streeter will give you a firm answer on what it will cost.

I've also used Buyee, and you have no idea how much the final price is going to be until your item gets to their warehouse and they invoice you for final fee. Jesse as always chaged me a flat rate for 1000 jpy (~8-10 dollars) for commission. Buyee is great for smaller items like emblems and shit, but I've had friends burned with larger items as their "shipping" fees are brutal.

Have you r1 nay-sayers tried using the poly cup and shifter seat? shit is night and day.

don't know what I have in my r154, but I was told new shifter bushings (probably oem) and I could write instructions on how to get it into reverse... its unlike any other manual rwd transmission I have used. Start car, clutch out to spin up the guts, clutch in, 4th gear, neutral, reverse gate, pull at reverse and slowly let out clutch and then it will slip in.

anyways, the RUCA is not really pressing which is why I asked here before I went to other extents of the world to find a part. it has a tiny tiny amount of play, and I want to get one in there sometime to tighten it up.

alright, im jumping on the wagon,... how did you make it this far in life? why are you here? stop wasting our internet!

you dumbass.

going to bump this up.

The parts dude said that the dorman reman'd unit is in 0 stock across the Canada warehouses. OEM is an option but is 2x the cost (in Canada)