shlammed

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

That could be. A new turbo in a spec I wanted wasn't really in the budget. My buddies 5858 is fully online by 3700 with a journal bearing chra. I'm optimistic vvti and ball bearing will help get this big turbo going.

This one was only 500 bones so it's good for now.

It's dimensionally correct for anything from a large t28 to this at a 35r. So the manifold, inlet, intercooler and such will all work if it's not exactly what I want.

The quote for 1j vvti flange is in. Manifold should be done in a month or two depending when it comes in.

Anyone have a 44mm wastegate on a shelf?

lets not forget how many of these cars, including the owners of them in this thread, have running cars...

100% lag becuase not running/moving/"projects"

^ Hahahaha I'll own that.

That's the complete opposite of what you were going for, but what you were going for was stupid anyway. I'd wager it should be pretty damn decent since an a12 car makes that at probably 35psi. I do think a 30 in a smaller frame may be what you're looking for though.

I almost want one or two sizes smaller than my EFR seeing as I'm not shooting for the unrealistic HP sauce stars. With a good manifold that's not a log it should rock well enough

Yeah the new grn2 gtx 2867 would be in full tilt making 450. I would be ok with that. It's a reasonable power goal. But I I tune for this turbo and end up making more and find I need it after driving on lower boost I will have the headroom for now just a laggier turbo than I wanted originally.

This deal will get me going anyways and I shouldn't have a problem selling it for the same price I paid for it.

I need to keep on moving with the car now. If I only had fenders to do I could lag. But now I have a whole hot side, exhaust, intercooler and fenders to do before I want to drive it again. Plus that really tightens the budget.

You're a fucking moron. All in means hi-boost means not streetcar fuel (i.e. Shit Canadian 91 octane)

Maybe I should move to Canada, they obviously give mouthbreathing retards successful jobs

Lol. You're lucky to make 500 wheel on most pump gas up here.

Most I've seen 'reliably' is 591 wheel in a poopra no water meth, and I tell you what it's fucking scary. One bad tank and fucking game over. Every second tank I've had in my GTArgh has been shit, were it not for the meth it would've lost its lunch long ago. And it's getting worse, so bad it's affecting my truck - especially winter gas. If I don't run premium it predets like crazy. Might as well start cutting it with pee.

lets not forget how many of these cars, including the owners of them in this thread, have running cars...

100% lag becuase not running/moving/"projects"

Your right we should have all bought finished cars and then ruined them <3

not sure if implying me or the albertans.

if implying me, i bought a giant turd (mostly knowingly) and spent 3yrs fixing it. and i myself fall into the catagory as the car hasnt seen public road in said 3 yrs. it runs and drives but ive been fixing the millions of problems my car has

100% certain it was directed at OP. anyway, starting from nothing and letting that bad decision snowball over the years is part of the JZX experience and a prerequisite to fit in here.

Holyshit

A 2867r is a tiny turbo. My gt3576 is maxed out at 480hp @18psi

Why so small? It's going to fall on its face at 6800rpm

This car is clean.

OE turbo out of the way.

6oZ3FCQ.jpg

I made a -10an oil return fitting that is angled. The fittings i was looking at that are ready made use a straight fitting. For a low mounted turbo I will need to have the block fitting angled.

G1auolF.jpg

BpsrJ1r.jpg

I have a good idea of whats needed to get the oil return built now and will order that with the turbo and wastegate flanges. Im placing the turbo in the chassis with the oil return connected to make sure there is a proper oil drain and im not compromising because of a pre-fab exhaust manifold.

Has anyone used the powerhouse racing water neck rotator?

A 2867r is a tiny turbo. My gt3576 is maxed out at 480hp @18psi

Why so small? It's going to fall on its face at 6800rpm

2867 is small. if you read anything i posted then you would see that I posted that it would fall off then.

not really sure what turbo you really have to compare, or you have a hybrid turbo.

The original GT3076R is a ~52lb turbo and a GEn2 GTX2867 is a ~49lb turbo. So a Gen2 GTX2867 would be a perfect 450hp turbo. The original GT3582 is a 65lb turbo, it shouldnt be maxed at 480hp.

I've seen the 3076 shit out about 550 in a cammed 1j, Betty Crocker up there must've forgot how to use the easy bake oven.

That said, how much different are the port sizes in the 2j/2j VVTI/ non VVTI 1j?

Once I was able to get the stock manifold off I was surprised at how small the exhaust ports were. For a lower power build it probably doesn't matter, but they are about as big in diameter as a "D" sized battery. Tiny.

I understand that, but at what point does it become a restriction? 2jz heads don't appear to be much bigger.