shlammed

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

Deleted the TRAC from the throttle body.

Cut/weld/extend IC pipe.

29091016804_74ebe80cfe_b.jpgTrac delete by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

Checked the VVTI oil filter and it was ultra ultra clean. Coincidentally the engine vibration was gone this morning. Maybe the VVTI plug was loose... not complaining anyways. Checking the filter was the main reason i had the TB off.

29426399380_1c38b20b28_b.jpgVvti oil filter. Ultra clean. by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

Wheels and tires rubbed, a lot. Stock fenders would have been easy to work to make them fit but I didnt have stock fenders anymore. :)

Redoing the flares to include inner fender work. more hammer work before i clean up the edges and start working the door.

30022562870_919ac47b6f_z.jpgStep 1of 800. Getting rid of tire rub by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

trimmed a bit more to clean it up and make it a smoother radius. need to set the ride height and roll the car out to take some measurements before i commit to any kind of new wheel and tire combo.

29945428613_f1150ce3b9_z.jpgTrimmed by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

30462474942_c0082b70c2_z.jpgTrimmed by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

the car has gained roughly 4.5-5" of bump travel. huge deal.

FWIW, with the wheel jacked up like that, the tire is about ~1.5" into the door with a 245/40/17

LoL, I run the same fucking size rear tire on uncut sheet metal, with a minor massage of the inner lip with a fender roller....

Here's, an idea,

why don't you start from scratch, and just build a whole new aluminum chassis & suspension ?

Then re-skin the whole car with aluminum sheet.

With your frame building expertise, it should go hella-fast.

Guess I put the gay butt-fuck picture in the wrong thread...

Any requests?

hkp ?

Rue ?

LoL.......

Just copy the link, and bring it over.

fender and door hacking on both sides are done.

31506584735_344aee6a7d_z.jpgCressida fender work by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

31360162252_a3600957e7_z.jpgCressida fender work by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

Its taken me forever, spending time with family and building shit for other people in my "spare time".

You can see how much bump clearance there is from the height the suspension was set at this summer. Currently waiting on a pair of wheel spacers to build fenders off the current wheels, with intentions of fitting 18x11et15 enkei rs05rr wheels with 285/30 sized tires (front wheels will also get fit for a square wheel setup with full bump clearancing once the rear is done)

Debating if i want to build them in fiberglass for a more complex shape or take extra time to do metal.

Sick dude. super dope. street style for sure.

'Cressida fender work by HellaHack'

Pretty Glad I didn't post up any pics of my beater jzx100 fender cutting now...

Sick dude. super dope. street style for sure.

This is a prime example of letting in one millennial hipster, and others will follow.

We need a wall !

And maybe we can get FaceBook to pay for it.

what would you guys have used to cut it?

The shape and layers don't stack up well for a nibbler or powered shears.

will use power shears for the new pieces.

Jesus Christ what were you cutting that car up with, metal shears? You can do a better job with a 6" angle grinder.

Don't pretend like you are going to heed our advice, you are the one that works at the fab shop ;)

Gordo I was being sarcastic. I hate this build, fuck traction. What the fuck is up with this use of the term "street style". It makes my skin crawl.

I've literally radius cut fenders with a 4" zip disc in a big ass angle grinder with a finish quality that resembled something between I can't believe it's not butter and maximum effort.

Did I mention I was mostly drunk.

The lack of fucks people give is alarming - Whether they make up a story in their heads that the car they have is a beater, or incompetence has them by the neck. It really isn't that hard to actually expel enough effort to have good build quality. But something just isn't getting through to these mind controlled idiots that they can indeed think and act for themselves, in the best way possible. This is where this world is heading, and they have the reigns. Isn't that nice?

I mistook you for a different Don and automatically assumed it was sarcastic ahah

17x9 et8. a little more width to go so i can fit an 11j square setup and rebuild the fender. 11j setup is going to have minimal clearances to the strut up front and im going to have to build steering angle limiters since i have some XM knuckles and like the ratio it gives but have no use for the angle.

30901128874_c5424392bd_c.jpgLow Cressida in snow. by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr