shlammed

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

So, did all those cars get bought as is, or only yours ?

Looks like your bunch of buddies spent a lot of time re-arranging cars for photo shots.

I see no freshly laid rubber marks anywhere......

Its the location for the car meet that the photos are going to use for promotion. so doing burnouts would have been in bad taste.

Building vs buying... Ive built a few cars for myself... its way more expensive that way than buying one that gets you 90% of the way there.

Promotion photo shoot in what appears to be a abandoned industrial site......and your worried about bad taste ?

LOL.jpg

the land owners were cool enough to give up their parking lot for a huge car show. don't bite the hand.

The building is used for distribution and office spaces now. the process gear is still in place from the previous tenants from what I understand.

What 'huge' car show ??

Wtf? You washed the car? That's not how Cressida ownership works.

Fwiw, the car started on winter days on stock ecu when stored before PFC, and also started great on the PFC in the winter. Unless something changed.

The uego is just a monitor.

I think ive washed it two or three times so far... but it gets parked outside since I drive it regularly :P

The car starts and runs perfectly, it had a high idle... a few taps to the iscv and adjusting both the idle screws and its back to 650rpm but occasionally goes down to 500 for some reason.... not electrical or mechanical load related... so I probably have to clean the idle valve.

Tried that stupid "bov" mod to the stock vvti bypass valve to make it work like a normal vac operated valve. it makes more boost in 1st but it still sucks for response vs just unplugging the vsv. probably because the spring in it is so weak compared to a standard type valve. going back to the way it was.

I like the car clean....

I deal with a certain raggedy that is the headliner that uses my head as a tripod and the front bumper fitment after my MIL backed into me.

I found some shit that looked like rhino skin in the fabric store I lived near for a foxbody I had as a kid. Then bought 3m super77 I think, and made the mistake of doing it in a not well ventilated area. Came out great though. Post pics of the mother inlaw

;) Gordon triple <3

I need to get a headliner shell still. The car right now has none of the waferback/pressboard. just a sound deadening type closed cell foam stuff that's spray adhesive straight to the metal of the roof with fabric stuck to that. its fine when its "cold" but when it gets hot the whole thing sags right onto my head... or if im driving much more than 30 with the windows down it starts flapping around LOL.

The wrecking yard dude said the headliner in their car has a sunroof... so I will grab that and wrap it with something

I think oem is fabric with rods on plastic pins that mount in holes. the rod mount holes are long gone, and the roof support bars too. Honestly would work out better if you just did a better job than I did. It was a 3m wide tape adhesive, not spray, but it wasn't aggressive enough to get the job done. Just scavenged it from work. Along with that foam.

You could polish the inside of the roof and mount a laser disco ball. Bonus points for car shows.

Shlammed

Read what I am about to write carefully and think it over before you reply.

These guys are not just razing you to haze you.

You genuinely are acting like a retard. Stop using the square peg and round hole logic. I applaud you for doing shit without asking for help, but reading this makes me think there should be a law from people selling you tools. We don't need you to do a write up on how to change suspension bushings, or how to change break pads.

Come on kid!

We might need a course on grammar though, pointing out the differences between breaks and brakes. lookin at you OkiJoki

+1 on the disco ball thing......

11093046_611993132269250_187338314_n.jpg

Put my bucket seat in. Power rails are great being so adjustable. on a more race inspired build, i wouldnt use power bases...the weigh a ton.

Now for some vanity plates to cover the cut seat back pivot.

29163812861_52b1bebcb5_h.jpgBuddyClub in Cressida by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

28619290024_2afdf0e6eb_h.jpgBuddyClub in Cressida by HellaFab Fabrication, on Flickr

Do your arms & legs change length from one day to the next?

No. It's the angles that you feel comfortable with each day. Mostly longer periods vs in town or lapping.

I think your butt is too sensitive.

Must come from taking it up the ass.....