shlammed

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

I made money on selling it being that I build manifolds...to sell.

To build, sell, then have to rebuild ?

Must be some Hella-Profit to justify having to rebuild it after you sold it.

I guess you missed the part where I mentioned it wont be exactly the same.

you quoted it, so I guess its more of an apprehension thing.

I guess you missed the part where I mentioned it wont be exactly the same..

I would hope so.

If you didn't build it right the first time, you would be really retarded to rebuild it the exact same way.

Both designs are similar, this one is for a different sized turbo and overall power goal and doesn't require the stepped runners and the extra volume and complexity of the 1.25" pipe to 1.5" pipe.

I do overcomplicate things. I should stop but I enjoy the process of building bespoke items. Needing to think about it as a concept, put it on paper, revise to make it something you can actually build and then building it. New skills form when experimenting, your ability to turn new ideas into a product increases every time you practice and aside from making your personal projects drag on the personal projects are the best place to experiment with new ideas.

I have aligned my sights on getting the car back up and functional though. Its been long enough playing I would like to drive some more. The parts hoard is getting large and I just need to put it all together now.

Will ever happen.

I know people in Canada are waiting for your part-out.

Maybe Bill said that he should be committed....

Drove it for a year as a daily. was a good time. definitely some memories. specifically my baby girl at the time riding in it with the wife to get burgers/icecream through the dog days even without a/c.

The car was fun, I will have another something some-day. will buy something that's already fast next time.

Well, that's better than nothing.

will buy something that's already fast next time.

Or you could take a much simpler approach instead of trying to reinvent the wheel?

Or you could take a much simpler approach instead of trying to reinvent the wheel?

If you cut the frame up, I'll come help. It needs to be exorcised in a holy fire. I swear this car wanted to die since I bought it. Not even mad. I hated the car a bit more than any feels I had for it.

But the Varrstoen wheels are still mine. That hasn't been settled yet. Matt's 10j square wheel goals meant that he didn't commit to a set and kept mine as rollers until ready to take back.

I swear this car wanted to die since I bought it.

I think all X-chassis did......

He has not even begun Hella-Fucking up that car.

Nice matching up those body lines Schlimei.

if you pull the stock trim (something like an S9 trim delete) these will fit perfectly. that said, the s13 trim line does exist and would need to be glassed. smooth.

That is a pretty wide setup. you can fit the 18x11 et15 wheel options with a real 295/30/18 tire on it. That picture is a 17x9 with 255/40/17 spaced to match that 18" wheel spec.

You can run less offset in the rear, but if you wanted that width front and rear without stagger that is the spec you will have to run.

It looks real good in person.