shlammed

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

Does hellafab do bike exhausts?

Seen these, and you came to mind:

972c9124700cbe4da5c66e04b901c2eb--motorc

97d48df1999fc80bb3a476eadb7b5bc4--spaghe

6cd8cf07d9eb7d9719d15c236154cab9--motorc

I don't discriminate. If someone asked for it I would do it. I just wouldn't put a tag on it.

If I were to describe an aesthetic it's asymmetrical and minimalistic. I like to have a little flare to the design (asymmetrical) and as tight of packaging as possible with as few bends as possible (minimalistic).

I don't shoot for perfectly equal length unless requested. That would mean searching for the last 0.1% and very few people actually would notice what 1-3hp feels like from a near equal length to true equal length designs.

Here is my latest manifold I threw together for u homos

ktZn7qR.jpg

Quote " That would mean searching for the last 0.1% and very few people actually would notice what 1-3hp feels like from a near equal length to true equal length designs."

Then just buy a log manifold and stop wasting time and money building God damned tube manifolds that won't make more power than a log.....

These aren't NA cars where equal length bla bla bla fucking matters.

Damn you are dumb as hell and don't even see it.

Shlammie, you should try some of this for runners:

stainless-steel-exhaust-flue.jpg

Slammie, found your manifold design on the internet:

cross-section-human-intestines-3d-model-

you say that, but if you break down each runner they all have roughly the same profile and roughly the same total angle. there is 3x90 degree elbows on each runner. ive seen much worse- especially when people try to add length to a runner to make it equal length like those scooter exhausts you posted which does absolutely nothing for your performance even though its now equal length.

Here is what im working on now to give your A.D.D something to attach to.

CZAfUNh.jpg

1NloWsK.jpg

JE00JuS.jpg

Why don't you just buy an ebay manifold and be done with it? Seems to work for everyone else.. Why would you want a bottom mount setup? I thought the whole point of having a jzx was to have a top mount so you can show off your turbo? AN lines for your brake booster vac hoses... seriously?

Why ...Why ... seriously?

Welcome to Hella-World....

Yeah Matt, AN fittings on brake booster, jesus, wtf man.

I did that when I lost the oem banjo when I owned the car.

I also tell Matt to just put it together and stop pushing it deeper into the back of the garage like I did when I owned it.

Yup, you just come here to sell Miata manifolds, and mounts for pos coils.....

I could post progress, but its not substantial enough to warrant a real update.

Working on all of this at once:

-intercooler mount/end-tanks

-A/C condenser mount

-rad mount/end tank mods

-swirl pot finishing

-turbo manifold

-intake manifold

-non-standard flanges for my exhaust build to come (haters gonna love it)

Ordered a bunch of electronics stuff to get rolling on the engine loom

All the while, I am doing intercooler piping on a Subaru, building manifolds for Miata, building a hotside setup for a VW Golf MK4 that's been converted AWD. There is a lot I don't share here.

Oh right, I have a day job and a family too....

Why would we even care about VWs, Subarats, or faggot miatas?

We don't......

And the only time you post any 'progress', is when your trying to sell your shit.

I really think that it's Ban Hammer time......

banhammer-shirt_large.png

mnyBOkMl.jpg

Picked up an mr2 brake booster.

Had stainless -6an weld fitting made for brake booster. Machinist likes hanging out, so we made this up sunday night. (not pictured)

Welded stainless fitting to brake booster. (not pictured)

lGVyCu4l.jpg?1

need to install and then i can finish the intake manifold.

Wasn't happy with aesthetics of thin wall tube for manifold, put it in storage.

Concentric fitting in 1" to 1.25" pipe bought for weird pipe size of 1jz vvti ports for turbo manifold.

Concentric fitting shortened to fit 30mm port diameter and cut the flat transition off the large end.

Collector cut.

Need to rebuild the manifold I just sold but in entirely 1.25 because no 800hp goals on this small turbo.

Q3fdj8jl.jpg?1

Self imposed deadline for both manifolds to be finished is December 25, with all of the other work I am doing (a Miata manifold and downpipe plus a VW manifold, downpipe, intercooler piping)

w1qC5WJl.jpg

Wiring connectors have arrived from Mark @ Panic, a few sensors and connectors came in from Ballenger motorsports, almost fully equipped to get the wiring layout confirmed and order the wire itself. Where do you guys mount your ECU's? When I took the stock one out it was tucked up on the dash support bar but not mounted to anything.

I am going to be using the LINK Thunder which has a 3 axis accelerometer so I am thinking if I could get it close to the center of the car that would be preferable but its a pretty big ECU and to get anything meaningful out of the accelerometer i will need to solid mount it.

Wasn't happy with aesthetics of thin wall tube for manifold, put it in storage.

Need to rebuild the manifold I just sold but in entirely 1.25 because no 800hp goals on this small turbo.

"storage" AKA "junk pile".

"Need to rebuild the manifold I just sold"

This just keeps getting better...

Nick-Offerman-%E2%80%93-Lol.gif

Hey Shlammed, I think you overcomplicate the fuck out of things.

That manifold looks pretty good though. I'll consider it if my china one fails.

I'd like to know who bought it though, as it'd be nice to know if it fails. I dont see why it would. It's not like little ling ling tests their manifolds before they ship em out.