shlammed

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality

How to JZXP.

Stop posting in here, finish what you started with the intake, get the octomom manifold on that turbo, get it fueled simply, do some bondo, come back with progress report.

Even if you run out of money or cares like I did, at least get it back to a simple driving state eventually. Don't worry about the provisions for 900hp,chances are the car will fold in two and kill you anyway.

chances are the car will fold in two and kill you anyway.

We can only hope...........

We can only hope...........

Lighting a Jesus candle for this event, as well as another for a meeting of the tandem bike and garbage truck, so I don't have to see this garbage anymore.

And don't say don't click on it faggot. Everybody is curious to see how much more autistic you can be. Most people progress, your progression is only in the area of becoming more retarded as time goes by.

You're on point, Bill.

I am doing as you describe, finish it with what I have. Im just trying to plan it out so I don't have to buy or make shit twice to get where I want to go.

Last two stacks came in for the intake manifold. I can finish that off now.

The turbo manifold is broken apart and collector finish welded with just the individual runners left.

I had hoped to get a few minutes on our trip to Ottawa last weekend to visit and to grab some thin walled 4" tube for the exhaust. The sanitary shit they use in 4" steps in wall up to 0.083" for the process tube and buttweld fittings that's available here. would be a 60lb exhaust LOL.

Yeah, but then you are going to start channelling the frame so it doesn't hang so low under there, just make a nice cheap 3" normal system and sell it later. It's like two bends to the tank, two bends to the muffler.

Give up Bill, it's a lost cause.....

instead of 4in you should dual stacked 3in oval about the same thickness as 4in and 8times the flow

I just don't get the over building thing and going for more than 500 which is standard on these motors. After 5 yrs of hate myself, I finally got this car finished and want to drive it around and do burn outs. Not sure your end goal, or maybe I'm just simple. I've never understood the setting a number goal and then take the whole life to get there. I thought ppl modded cars to enjoy them?

It's a fucking 1j

Build for 500 and be happy with that. Unless you want to go pro or break records and shit.

He's breaking a record alright

no channeling of the body/modifications to sub frame, bill. a dual 3" is a hair bigger in cross section to 4".. that's an option for areas that are tight or the 4" oval tube from vibrant... its 2.6"x4.8".

I have a short length of 4" tube right now but its thick walled process stuff left over from an exhaust tip. it fits almost everywhere under the car. tight spot is the axles/diff/subframe for ground clearance.

dual 3" from the diff back isn't unreasonable.

Hella Fab can make it fit !

97ca720573af3f18c8542b44a7f2e01d.jpg

grapefruit_2.jpg

lada_tuning5qmg.jpg

4ae416e1c21012750d45283b976f4bc9.jpg

I've been waiting on shipping and machine shop. Still waiting on another part from laser but I can go on the inlet manifold.

bkbYygDl.jpg

S8o9K5gl.jpg

1NOM68gl.jpg

Love the chatter marks on the TB flange.

What are you using, a wood working lathe ?

Probably mill work... speed and feed errors

Or had it roughed with laser? Water?

Terrible finish regardless

I get better a better finish with a band saw, and drill press.

This was cut out of 1/2" plate:

DSC04429.jpg

the machine shop machined the wrong side to get a good finish. the part was laser cut from 1" thick aluminum. the cut finish on the opposite side was a lot cleaner and if they took the inside radius off the opposite of what they did it would have been smooth.

I didn't ask them to go that far into the throttle side, but that's fine. its not ideal, but it shouldn't change the function of the part.

Gordo/Rue, if you guys were willing to take my chicken scratch and make it in a reasonable timeframe you have a customer. Im $100CAD into that flange as it sits including shipping costs ($73usd) so its not that unreasonable but its also not perfect.

Here is what it looked like before i wiped the sharpie off and took it with the dwg for the radius/thread work to the machine shop. This was the clean side that should have been left. The laser cut was a little out of spec at the bottom of the 1" cut which shows in the final product i have now.

t7Z8oDKh.jpg

Gordo/Rue, ........Im $100CAD into that flange as it sits including shipping costs.....

You can buy almost any weld-on TB flange on eBay for less....., like $25.

But funny that you are building your space ship parts from aluminum.

I would have thought that something like monel 400 would be what is needed for moon shots.

Sc48.jpg

I've got a bunch of q45 and mustang TB flanges we make here if anyone else needs em.

Also really curious about where this manifold is going lol please more paint cad drawings