shlammed

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

10an fuel rail does not mean much in the whole scheme of things. just a diameter.

turbo size doesnt mean much in the whole scheme of things. just a diameter.

I thought I was a grade A autist for doing an NA-T build. Even demesio came to his senses before me.

Yet here this thread is.

Why didn't you just weld 2 runners together for 12 injectors?

I guess because it's been done before =/

If it was me I would go with an 16 feed for my 500 hp goals. with 3 -12 lines from the tank feeding it

What next, a special dual trans bellhousing, to run both an auto, and a 5-speed ?

Auto for when driving in town, and 5-speed for trips to the moon.

41EIPJFdoKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

So let's recap for today:

AMS makes 2k whp on -8 fuel rails on a GTR with no issues with any problems with the fairytale shit you made up for an excuse or bullshit somebody told you that you bought

You're going -10 for sub 600 whp to avoid the issues the guy making literally FOUR TIMES your power goals have no issues with on -8

You're also adding a bunch of weight.

Saga of a street car? Sure, let's add another fuel tank. That's a great addition for my streetcar. I guess I'll just set my groceries on top of it.

You're doing one hell of a job over engineering something without using a lick of logic. I feel like I'm watching a kid raised by his mother exposed to his first fast and furious movie after a summer reading tuner magazine and saving for a Honda.

I love this place !

I love this place !

This thread is what happens when new members refuse to read other peoples build threads and learn what works and what doesnt. At least it's funny to read.

^ not really. This is what happens when you dream and then execute with putting any actual thought to reality or logic. At least he dreams, I guess.

This thread is what happens when new members refuse to read other peoples build threads and learn what works and what doesnt. At least it's funny to read.

I read others build threads. There's 10 faggot circle jerks and Gordo that's been doing one thing a year since forever.

But we do it correctly........

You're doing one hell of a job over engineering something without using a lick of logic.

If this was engineering I'd just as well get my degree in interior decorating.

This is dumb as shit. 12 injectors and 2 fuel tanks to make 500hp on a jz is like circling the globe to cross the street.

You ever heard of the quick disconnect an fittings?

pretty sure these coils will work.

If anyone wants a coil bracket for 1jzvvti and ign1a/mercury coils lmk. Its profiled for the stock cam cover to be trimmed so you don't have to have exposed cam gears and look like shit.

Glass beaded the lower intake to clean it up. last RMR stacks should be in tomorrow to finish the lowers and make the plenum. Leaving the secondary fuel rail off until I get the drivetrain updated for >600hp.

Also made a new top plate for the X110 1j a/c compressor to relocate the higher (I think high pressure) line away from the intake manifold.

bbtr9tbh.jpg

JVUvyi1h.jpg

VxG1eUoh.jpg

3% of me hopes you do everything right and this thing turns out awesome.

This car has easily seen 100 hours of shop time for every hour of driving. Good to see you're keeping the spirit of this build going as the second owner lol.

The quality of the fab work looks great, but it's all busywork. You don't need to do any of what you're doing to make the hp you're looking for.

I wanted to drive it for a summer to earn the garage time.

Going through Bills build threads for the car he did the 1j non vvti swap and drove it for a while until the turbos went, and then he parked it for 7 years or something. Its going to be a long 6.5 years until im allowed to drive it again.

I need to go back through this to see what power I told you guys I want. I thought I have told you there were different plans since the 450hp t2 frame thoughts. I bought a new daily and then the plans for power doubled since I don't need to drive it as a daily and can afford some down time.

GLWS

"there were different plans since the 450hp t2 frame thoughts...... and then the plans for power doubled"

So you are going for 900 now ?? :rolleyes:

I guess I don't really have a hard set number in mind..

3.0 bottom end with a turbo sized that I can get full boost by 4500rpm and max that turbo out with ethanol.

That's probably around 900 though.