shlammed

Powered by Hate, the saga of a street car rebuild.

They won't do any good chris, he's a window licker

Who cares, I think its interesting, and unlike most of you, he's actually making his own stuff. If this doesn't work or sucks, he can make another one. Its an interesting concept and I dont know why Toyota would have done that. That pipe material seems to be used a lot for manifolds, and is used for its durability. I've never made any manifolds or ever looked into it but a friend of mine has also made manifolds from this material. Not sure if same or different wall thick was, but these little pipes with chamfered? Edges.

Uh, I'm pretty sure most of us voicing shit DO make our own stuff. Additionally, you're right about it being interesting. It's interesting to see someone has made it this far in life without being able to learn from his mistakes.

Butt weld pipe is a lot easier to weld, with little chance of burning through, as compared to 1.5mm stainless exhaust tube.

Also way cheaper than tight radius tube bends.

So it's cheap, and fool proof (except for design).

im going to siamese #1/#2 into one larger runner. same with #5/#6. very similar to how the oem 1jz vvti manifold is.

the collector has two different pipe sizes. two of them are 1.25" and the other two are 1.5".

I will build the manifold and see how it goes. I have made a jig for it to be able to build more.

No, not very similar. Actually 1-3 merge before the collector, as do 4-6. You're only merging two thirds, leaving the others to be restricted only by .250 less volume. I'll wager you're making something less efficient than what you're replacing. Is it going to make a huge difference? Probably not, but the point is, you're not making anything better than OEM after going way outta your way. Why go through so much trouble to make something worse?

055DBE63-94A3-4625-8249-56A31C74973D_zps

I'm not fucked up about his material choice by any means. Just lack of common sense with replicating, or understanding basic principles.

Eh who cares anymore lol. It's a manifold for a 400hp? 1j

Could make a collector with a sheet metal square and mig weld pipes jammed into it and it'd be fine. Oh yeah, china does that ..

Kyle, on 25 Jan 2017 - 2:41 PM, said:

No, not very similar. Actually 1-3 merge before the collector, as do 4-6.

No, not very similar. Actually 1-3 merge before the collector, as do 4-6. You're only merging two thirds, leaving the others to be restricted only by .250 less volume. I'll wager you're making something less efficient than what you're replacing. Is it going to make a huge difference? Probably not, but the point is, you're not making anything better than OEM after going way outta your way. Why go through so much trouble to make something worse?

Do you know ignorant you sound to intelligent people?

Are you seriously so dumb that you think an unengineered tubular turbo manifold will outperform a log?

Hmm wonder how on earth some of the pro-formula D cars can crank out over 1000hp and 980bph from a log manifold.

Its all about heat vs flow. Go read some books or take some engineering classes at community college boy.

i never replied to your own post about log manifolds. chill out.

Logs work, spool up fast and can make good power.

Im not going to make a log manifold.

i never replied to your own post about log manifolds. chill out.

Logs work, spool up fast and can make good power.

Im not going to make a log manifold.Because I want none of that.

Fixed.

Billy's right. No point. Dude is flat out retarded as fuck.

Had a 16g stainless heat shield cut with a recent laser order. its mostly vanity...Its getting polished and then the lower part is getting gold foil heat reflecting tape which will span the holes that it mounts with.

Im cutting a 6-1 collector for hucker... im building it to t3 spec, but i will see how well it fits with my manifold jig...Im willing to entertain the idea of a 6-1 manifold still.

If not, im redoing the 2nd cylinder merge with an elbow instead of a straight pipe for the 1-2 merge.

FfilTuS.jpg?1

Bitch you were never "willing to entertain the idea of a 6-1 manifold" because you were too busy thinking you had a glimmer of sense. We all seent it. JFC you're a fucking woman!

mostly vanity...

The emperor's new cloths comes to mind.....

You think you do no wrong,

every one else thinks you look like an ass.

Hmm, I relate to that too, Gordon

Made a second 6-1 collector when I was cutting Huckers parts. The photo doesn't show it well because I trimmed a few of the pipes down to make them shorter, but there is two more pipes in the back.

ANvT4hp.jpg

Reading these threads from last last page forward is awesome. Keeps me on my toes to see what started the shitstorm

JFC battleaxe, you seent what it took to make him understand 6-1 logic. Think he's really gonna cover anything?