Okidriftjr

Standalone "all by myself"

I really didn't do it alone as I have some really smart friends and thanks to you guys I'm now running on a Link G4+S.

Having played a bit with Aem v2 and the older mega squirt stuff in 05 this is light years better and easier to use.

I was debating on Aem v2, infinity, and aphxero told me to look into Link.

Reason for writing this is to answer questions for those of you looking for a standalone and want to do your own tuning like I do.

I had Panic make me a conversion harmed for a straight plug and play, had a dude down in NZ send me a base map for my 1j

And the car was running in 15 minutes. (Thanks Mark)

The software is very very easy to use, the terminology is industry used words VS some other products that make up words and terms.

The F1 help menu is very useful and explains "typical settings" and give you a great starting point for features.

If you are looking at doing your own stand alone, download the software for what you want to buy, and do some reading and learning before you buy.

In my case. this Link stuff is impressive!

Nice! I have no intentions of trying to tune my shit by myself but I was playing around with my Infinity before I took it to the tuner.

I didn't download any basemap of any sort, just went in and set up all the sensors has pretty much all of them as selectable presets, picked the closest injector to what I am running, and it started right up and idled right away. But I think that's the style of ecu it is, You just set your target lambdas and it tries it's best to correct the fuel to hit those lambdas. Again I have no intention of doing it myself but I thought it was a pretty easy to work with system and the style of tuning for Infinity I found to be interesting.

Yeah, talking to my cousin over at cobb, and they built a turbo razr and used infinity. He said it was cake to tune, but they arent using all of the features I guess.

It can do that. If you engauge the two step with a button input! You can also have it turn on/off at a given speed.

Link can also do VE based "modeled tuning", but I dislike it.