battleaxe

Curse of the Cressida

dm sells the right box because i forgot the number.

http://www.driftmotion.com/MSD-8920-p/dm1626.htm

find it elsewhere cheaper if youre so inclined but i wired mine in 5 or so years ago and its been working ever since. its loud so i put mine in the bay.

or if you know what youre doing it seems relatively easy to diy?

I haven't really cared too much because the safc has the rpms in front of me so I'm not too concerned. Maybe I'll tackle that when I sort out the Speedo some day. I'd like a functioning dash. Thanks Jordan maybe next time lol

Was that wrecked mk3 rhd? I needs the clutch pedal if so

Well, got a working horn now and the grounds are all solid. Good to insure now. Except i bought a couch, some stuff in Japan and a proper diff for the supra, so will be a couple weeks til i drive it. Good enough for me for now

Looking good man! Love the celica supra

Cressida is plated. Broke diff in last night at 1am. Still boosts to 1.5 bar, hits a cut, and 10afrs. I think a caliper or ebrake is dragging and was causing it to intermittently pull. It felt weird driving off and on, on the highway. Truck seat rail is made and going in today then the Cressida goes in to be worked on and see what's going on. Most things in the car still work so that's cool. Also pleasant to drive and doesn't scrape on anything. The lip sort of does when going up or down inclines but that's expected. Also got the pink and blue parks plates. We in BC don't have any options, not til this year for different plates outside custom vanity and the old Olympics plates. Currently have to address these issues before committing to the s9 BBQ. Worst case I'll bring my civic i guess. I don't like being stressed out over something dumb like my car. After Cressida is good enough to drive going to raise the supra a little bit and paint the rust with por15...Tired of the rust streaks after a rain.

Took the diff oil out, wastegate had 3 springs in it lol. And something is dragging on the passenger rear. Stuff to sort out this long weekend

it left my neighbourhood

wdCO2ns.jpg

my buddy matt took a quick IG video thing with it. sounds like a shuttle.

i smelt brakes. but i swear i took apart my calipers and lubed the sliders and pads...im also pretty sure i put new pads in the back and havent broken them in yet...and the ebrake might be? but now that the diff is broken in, im going to give the rear a bit of the old shitty and pull ebrake down my street and see if i can shake things loose after i inspect the bits.

...this is the problem with such a long "build" that i forget what i did half the time

...the problem with such a long "build" that i forget what i did half the time

Tell me about it.....

got the new fluid in there, put some CLR in the rad to try and clear out old rust lol, sure, THATLL work.. put 2 springs in the gate, so should be .8bar. what i had before made 1 bar and it was doing 1.5, so hopefully i am around 1bar? i didn't want to put two in that made .6 or something cause ... i want boost...mind you i could have put the manual boost controller back in and controlled it that way..see what this does and if too much ill do it again, not the worst thing to do.

the one caliper was sort of stuck to the rotor, so i took it off and inspected, spit at it and put it back on, then bled the brakes again, feels to move smoother..

checked tire pressure and the passenger side was 38psi, then the driver front was 32 and the driver rear was like 18psi... that fucking corner has had 4 different leaky tires/wheels, and i blew out tires when i daily drove it 5yrs ago. this is the fourth fucking wheel this has happened to. im blown away. no visible punctures yet..going to keep an eye on it..but once it stops raining i hope to drive it a bunch and burn through this gas. see what it boosts to and how the fueling is.

it hit 10afrs and cut out again the other night, even though i changed it before and ran fine to "redline" ie doing a 2nd gear squirrly up the entire back road here. iunno. see what happens. bye bye motor lol...lol...fuck

Took the spaceship it for a rip last night. Boost is just under a bar with no fueling issues. Brakes seem fine now. Still does second gear squatting Slav burnies. However, i have rotational wobble currently. Going to check diff and axles and driveshaft but i think its the tires. I think they're ex burners of mine and i like to ebrake. So i think i have done flat spots in them. I'm going to put some other tires on to see.

Also of note, i never did hub centric rings for my z rotors up front, not sure if that's also an issue. I've never run the rings before.

Had an issue starting when i stalled it on a back country road. Was the clicking again. Going to move the head ground and maybe add another one. Also the moon roof button was not responding to me pressing it for quite some time so I could close it.

Overall felt great. Very pleasant to drive, no weird smells yet, no scrapes, very quick..I think it's in the 330 range. Cruising on the highway in 5th at 2000rpm is also sick. Spools start at 2400 and goes quickly from there. Very interested to see what this mystery motor with factory modded ECU does. No idea what's inside the motor either

believe it or not that wobble could possibly be the hub centric rings i was having that problem on the is300

Noticed from the front only under hard braking, the vibration was 100% rear while driving at highway speeds. I'll grab some rings for front anyways

fun story i forgot to swap my hubcentric rings back to the megans after the inserts in the jic's finally gave out. i was fighting weird suspension behavior but likely culprits are the intermittent pps valve computer and the shot to shit tie rod ends.

All I can think looking at your dash is "keys keys keys, keys on van nuys"

I have new inner and outer tie rods, the rear i have v1 s9 arms to go in and currently everything is 28? Yr old suspension bushings in the rear. I just want to drive the car and do all that stuff this fall.

The dash is a lot of stuff going on hahaha. Felt very jzx appropriate