battleaxe

Curse of the Cressida

Like maybe a zenki car?

Very possible. I have no clue. Probably Zenki and kouki gx and then the same for jzx for each model. So 12-15 variations?

Zenki GX

2910D73E-B0C2-429C-BA90-EB17160AAE95_zps

If that is your nose, I have a set of corner lamps, that I had brought in by mistake, that you can have for the cost of shipping.

That's the nose. Thanks Gordo. The corners look to be in good shape, I think there's a tab per headlight that's broken. I'll make new ones. The grill and headlights flow more, not sure why it looks like the grill sticks out on the bottom. Probably light hitting the chrome

kO3BHNJ.jpg

both corners of the headlight are not attached, and i have the headlight trim as well but currently doesnt fit.

it looks like the front end is slightly narrower too lol. i like it, but it wont be on for a long time until i can make it look correct...also the bumper sags and looks shit, so thats my next task to make a front bash bar and supports for the bumper and then paint it, same with the jzx rear bumper, bash bar then fit and paint.

Put it outside today to help a buddy do an exhaust. washed and claybar'd it, drove it around, no rubbing, drove perfect, very pleasant. forgot i put the way in so i didnt want to drive it much. gotta check connection at the starter because sometimes it doesnt click, odd, but its been sitting. battery is trickle charged so its mint, as are the connections at the battery.

going to fab up the bumper alignment brackets as the nect task and wire in the signal markers for the jzx bumper.

MnRhCfh.jpg

Gx81 front is going to be the bees knees man!

I like it.

Car is looking clean af.

well, got a 2j starter this past week, was stoked on that...then tried putting it in, no go. was supposed to work but the bolt pattern is just slightly off and it also has more starting kick... nope

looked on toyodiy and theres quite a difference , now i have a late model mx83 on order which is 1jz starter...but its a month away sadly...eff those bolts too, iunno why they go backwards instead of forwards like every other starter on earth ive dealt with..

in the procress of fitting the bumper better and making a bash bar, the snow has made it quite cold and wet to work on so i gave up yesterday after the starter fiasco. on to the next.

2j starter works on a lot of jz's, except the early model jzx81s and some 90s, but some 90s work... later model non vvti 1j seem to be able to work with 2jz....the center hole is the same but the offset spacing on the starter is just slightly off

and yet all the r box bellhousings are supposedly the same

I've never had a mix and match starter issueans I've owned a couple 92 sc300s that I've thrown starters on from random shit

2j starter seems to be the most universal, the early model 1jz not so much. Kept reading conflicting internet stories. See how this pans out

Sc300 and late model x8 are for 1jz...GS, IS etc are for 2jz. I got a rebuild kit that I'm going to try and if that doesn't work ill get it rebuilt. The other starter is a non returnable item that's a month away

Damn Mo, what up?

i keep thinking of the jzx bumper and what colour i want to paint it..either oem colour with black trim...or do a two tone, and as of late i was thinking the jzx81 black bottom colour, a brown/grey...then i was thinking today, about the beige/gold sort of colour like this

196-13.jpg

unless its the same colour lol, which proves how different it looks on different bottoms. i like how light it is. but if i do two tone i think id wanna do the whole car in two tone, vs just the bumpers and rear 1/4 (to look more stream line) but i think ill take the moldings off and paint them the grey purple as well and get rid of that stupid chrome insert. so many options :/

been a weird week. we got lots of snow like most of the pnw this past week

qMpxtLU.jpg

TOr856f.jpg

still having starter problems as the solenoid i need doesnt exist, so ill see about getting it rebuilt, or wait a month for a new one from bosch..

so in the mean time, i got paint for the bumper and lip and decided to go oem with the black trim and not 2 tone it currently.

made a bash bar and painted that, base coated the lip and bumper then i ran out of actual light, hope to finish that tomorrow on our provincial stat monday.

made a bumper support/mini diffuser and used my break for the first time

LE9Oseu.jpg

hYldchu.jpg

and how i left it for the night after a quick shop clean of all the tools

and how to dry paint when you cant see or have any heat lamps

Evbmv5s.jpg

qelFAUc.jpg

i think my colour is close to stock, more than most the car that has been repainted. the car has more blue? to it than the paint i have, which has a lot of violet in it. paint code 177. which btw i have NO tags anywhere on the car for this oem info. not on the firewall or on the b pillar. b pillar has been replaced or repainted at some point

Its a cheap 70 dollar break..brake? Its very limiting to size. It just bends at a 90 and u vice grip a fat flat bar to hold it down, then give er

Just bought one of those cheap ass sheet metal brakes off eBay.

Got tired of clamping shit together in a bench vise to do simple bends.

Anything beats hammering an edge over in the vice. Would have been a nice thing to have building my tunnel. Still would have fucked it up though.

i like to buy tools that make my life easier. that being said, i still have to create problem solving issues when im alone or have to do something retarded by myself.

its now noon 30 and ive skipped breakfast so i could paint the bumper and lip,. both have clear on it and are drying. not 60seconds goes by and a honey bee does a back flip into the bumper, and a tiny piece of nature is hanging out. oh well, this was a quick shitty to make it one colour. pleasantly surprised, and i would use my big gun next time cause refilling my smaller one is stupid, and i would have gone over it once more for a smoother finish. ill post pics later this week when i assemble it. leaving the body parts in the sun for today then putting them inside til the weekend. shit. im almost there i think

I dig that mini defuser!

I was planning on doing some baffling similar to that if my car was ran hot but it's been the opposite as of late

By the way, it's not a diffuser if it's on the front........

Splash pan would be more accurate.

Here is what is called a diffuser:

Carbon_Diffuser_rearview.jpg

Folded piece of aluminum to help fit something that doesnt belong on there. "Air guide". It's that size because thats what i had kicking about in the misc bin. Might make another thicker one for the oil pan and connect the 2

Came across this cool page in regards to paint colours and such

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/toyota/1990/cressida/

1dc36ad7-1618-4c23-a166-b8e42efc0cc6_zpsThankgod the snow is finally melting away.

Splash pan is fucking sweet I need to make one

Excited to see the front bumper and gx81 front come together

Gon B classy af mang