battleaxe

Curse of the Cressida

I've hammered it a bunch and currently there's no contact. I need to see what it does with the larger spacers. It's not even close right now, tucks most of the tire, about 1/4 inch to the rim edge. No door mods currently.

diff is back in, good god i fucking hate the way toyota designed the front flange. going to sort that when i drop the frame out after a tune.

got the 20mm spacers off the s13 and on the cressida. going to continue to fit the rear wheel wells and then fuse some metal on there and seal it up

took some pics of the spacers on, as well as the cloth rear seat i swapped my lether rear seat for. snowed mid day and had a good coating on, the CRV did great, love that car.

HvFNMwd.jpg

i1QMdC5.jpg

BnpGfS2.jpg

Yk65uQE.jpg

Man, everyone hates the crv. Its easy to work on, simple, you sit up right, decent factory seats, its like a lifted wagon. And it has a picnic table in the back. "Awd" even. Oh well, the world will come around, eventually. I have to admit though, as most of the complaints are other crv drivers, they are generally terrible...but that can be said for all humans.

I had one for a while. You can't deny the utility/realiability etc. But it was like driving my old stock EK hatch just really really fat. Literally one of the worst experiences an automotive enthusiast can have.

seems like a suitable appliance car for someone wanting more headroom and utility than your average sedan, similar economy, and the ability to create your own parking spaces in an urban environment.

confirm/deny?

You got it. They're really good vehicles apart from eating lock cylenders gear boxes and front lca bushings. Mine was 5 speed, k24, awd - super good milage (which I think is high 20's low 30's) on the highway, pretty meh in town but probably because I rage drove. Were I to go the practical vehicle route again I'd probably get a mid 2000's outback with a flat six or another stagea. But apparently I hate myself enough to not be bothered with practicality and will continue to drive my 6600lb 10mpg v8 sledge hammer.

It's a first gen, 97. Mileage isn't great, 400-450km a tank. My girlfriend success it daily and I use it when I need it. Its an auto with stock b20. Had some mods to it. The real issue, like most Hondas, its the rear trailing arm bushings. They're cheap and parts are everywhere. I wanted a wagon, but we have next to no options state side and since my gf drives it, had to be auto and easy to drive. I'd suggest this or a d21 pick up for around town and picking stuff up vehicles

Wish I had my D21 back........

I love my d21. I'd kill for a 4cyl 4x4 d21. I went backwards like a fool and lowered mine. Really should put it back to stock height and put bigger tires on the OZ's

since that post ^ i took the CRV out "4x4"ing in the snow, and it didnt skip a beat. only thing id change is putting chains in the back because on the way out of the forest place was sheer ice through this moguls section. went backwards down a hill twice and scared the shit out of me. in any case, it doesnt beat a 4x4, but man, where im standing, its "perfect" for what i've thrown at it and i try to get it stuck. need some nicer all terrain sort of tires for the GTRs when they go back on, in the spring.

as for the cressida, i decided to go hog wild on it after i did a bunch of other stuff around the house, wash work truck, replace cam seal on crv, change oil and wash it. drove my truck and supra around to get the fluids going, then started on the cressida at about 4pm. proceeded to cut and clean metal, tack them in, set myself on fire for the first time. put sealant on all the joints, then the asphalt undercoating stuff, then cleaned the whole shop.

got a bunch of misc items to finish, but im glad its back on the ground and SUPER stoked on the height i chanegd it to and having all the model5s on. im torn if i want to put the jzx bumper on or leave the oem one on.

my blitz wheels for the civic and the gx81 chaser front end is apparently in richmond on the mainland and has been cleared by customs, so i hope they show up this week. they were cleared on tuesday, and no word yet. gotta do a bumper bar and supports for the bumper as well...soo many little bullshit items...need to make this as legit as possible because i know ill be pulled over for whatever reason

q2ongxP.jpg

jesus those wheels look so good on there

Sounds like you had a productive weekend.Wish i could say the same.Could barely drag my ass off the couch to get to bass pro and stock up on ammo.

Your X83 is looking awesome man!!! I can't wait to see it in person.

Its just a simple and boring car. Not much to look at. The blitz wheels are a day or so away so ill put this outside and put the new wheels on the civic, then work on the front end on this and get the lights tip top. The gx81 lights came in too. Going to be interesting?

Looking forward to it

chaser front is here, sticks out more than the cressida lights, hood doesnt flow. fenders have to be modded to fit corners, the shape is wrong, but i like how they look. still havent found a picture online thats the front end i have. few tabs are broken. ill make it work down the line but for now i wanna find some not shit oem lights. one of mine looks gross inside and the other has a rather large rock chip.

Already took it apart. It will take a lot of work to look good and prefer to have a normal looking car for once. A buddy took a pic while I was looking at it. The bumper isn't mounted good so the whole front looks like a dropped pumpkin.