battleaxe

Curse of the Cressida

cressida is functioning, still needs some stuff, like the fans put on a thermo switch and not being on all the time. has beats, its aligned and has the same wheels and tires all around now.  it was flat when i measured it before alignment, but now that it has the same wheels and tires, and ironically the same camber front and rear, i need to re measure and adjust.  this photo was taken on a hill so its a bit loaded to the back.

this car is a paradox.  has re71r's in 215/45 all around, and runs -5 camber all around lol, wheel sizing is limited.  thats 17x9 +17 all around and it barely fits. gotta be weary of tire and wheel sizing on this thing as the fitment is spot on and only has so much clearance in the back being a 4 door even after heavy mods to cut weld and move everything in the back. 

js17YwV.jpg
oPTBIgK.jpg

put a new fuel pump relay in the supra. now the pump turns on when put to ign.  i think because the car had a cold start injector that i had eliminated 6yrs ago the fuel pump only ever turned on when cranking so it always felt semi carburated.  then after chasing the fueling issues over the past couple years, it led us to the fuel pump relay up front, this thing got very hot and then started to not work resulting in sputtering or not running at all.  Finally put a relay in, used the oem wiring and now i have a direct to battery relay with an inline fuse and goes to my main fuse block incase something bad happens.  went back to the 82 lights and put the spare wheels on for winter.

UVNEQ1j.jpg
Hd0pDfb.jpg
5hmtltc.jpg

finished up the cressida a little while ago and went drifting after driving it around town a bit. still has starting issues so im going to throw a bunch of grounds at it.  the starter was rebuild and i had it checked. 100/100 starts he showed me without any hiccups. so i think my ground from my trans to chassis is poor...i really hope its something dumb like that.
car ran great other than the power steering leaking out of the resevoir..still unsure if it was too hot, too pressurized or a leaky cap...but it was fine by the end of the day.  needs an actual sway bar, the oem one is pathetic, you can bend it by hand lol.  drifting non stop the peak values were all chill. 85c water temp, oil temp got to 100c and hits the 1bar of boost with no spikes.

pJUSFR6.jpg
vHaiPrw.jpg
yyrqBZk.jpg
ThJmKMJ.jpg
GVCftkn.jpg

put the spares on for winter
73ALrqR.jpg
q8GEOZC.jpg

and now the s13. runs on 4cyl again after disconnecting the ecu, the ecu had some corrosion on the ecu terminal pins, so cleaned that up and now it runs on 4cyl instead of 2cyl lol. even on 2cyl it moved the car with ease, so strange. lots of tidy up and body work ahead.

8Ggb3aj.jpg

I've always liked eyeing your herd..,.

You should send a couple to Texas for the winter. 😏

damn man, i appreciate that.

i person ally would love to see more of your fleet and the things you do. I'm not a big fan of bolt this on and bolt that on, but half of what I do is just that. Or engineering something I have to work with what I have. Mcgyver syndrome

Wish I had time to do something on my stuff....

Damn 12 hour shift at a job 35 miles away is keeping everything in limbo.
After the psycho woman tried to kill me, and totaled my beloved '73 Datsun, what time I do have is taken up by keeping the el cheapo daily driver junk running.

I should just fucking retire, so I can get back to my numerous projects.

Got damn. A partner trying to kill you is another kind of life problem. If I was in a position to retire I'd take time off to catch up on projects and then maybe go back to work..or sleep for a bit. I'm just trying to empty all my bins and spend only on things to complete my projects..or sell em.